Ideas for expansion pack

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
1) Underwater cities.

2) You start from a save of BE only now your Civ is the 'mother planet' and you colonize other planets in the solar system.

3).... ?

1) Underwater cities.

2) You start from a save of BE only now your Civ is the 'mother planet' and you colonize other planets in the solar system.

3).... ?

Underwater cities shouldn't come with an expansian pack! They should be in already!

If Civ V is anything to go by it should be relatively easy to mod in underwater/subterranean cities. I fully support multi-planetary and even interstellar maps, as well as several layers of multiple maps to account for it.

If Civ V is anything to go by it should be relatively easy to mod in underwater/subterranean cities. I fully support multi-planetary and even interstellar maps, as well as several layers of multiple maps to account for it.

Bouncing from one map (Civ, city, planet, whatever) would be a first for this series.

And it would be really cool. :)

I think the rest of the solar system should be present in some more substantial way than just as a wonder or two. A "solar system layer" would make a good main feature for an expansion.

The game is months away from release and we are already talking about an expansion?

This, but having said that, I would really like the chance to colonize moons (or maybe even other planets?)

Plus of course some additional factions, though I would probably prefer to not include aliens amongst them.

Multi-planet (including returning to a ravaged earth based on a civ5 save, how it is ravaged depends on how you won civ5) and multi alien factions.

Extra affinity (I could not for the life of me think what though)

Underground layer with tunnels and underground cities like in the Matrix.

Moon layer

What is the purpose of this thread? This is basically BE wishlist.

Some of us understand the business model of 'it takes years to create something, you have to create a revenue stream from it or you go broke and there's no more product'.

Game, dlc, expansion product, gold package, expansion 2, platinum package, end of life.

It's a model that works. They get money, we get games we like. I think it highly unlikely 2K is going to throw EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE in their next game and only collect money from it one time.

Considering I've gotten 500 hours of gameplay over the years from CiV I have no gripe about paying for expansion packs.

And yes, I will buy BE the day its released. AND the expansion packs (DLC I wait for sales).

Some of us understand the business model of 'it takes years to create something, you have to create a revenue stream from it or you go broke and there's no more product'.

Except let them come up with the expansion pack ideas. This thread is nothing but a glorified wishlist.

Oh, ffs, we don't even know everything that's in the game and we're already talking about an expansion pack ?
To be honest, I'm not even sure Beond Earth will get an expansion pack. I think after the release they'll concentrate on Civ 6 which is certainly in development and will use a different engine.

Except let them come up with the expansion pack ideas. This thread is nothing but a glorified wishlist.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thread crapping

thread crapping

v. Thread crapping occurs when a person comes into a thread and posts something contrary to the spirit/intent of the thread, often derailing the discussion or turning it into an argument.

Coming into a thread titled "I love my new Apple Macintosh!", and posting "PCs are better and cheaper" is thread crapping

The spirit of this thread is to ask what should be in an $30 expansion pack before the $50 game is even out, and the OP said nothing more than "I want this. I think this should be in the expansion."

Made all the more amusing by the fact that no expansion has been announced. Talk about putting the cart before the horse before we even discovered animal husbandry.

Therefore, a glorified wishlist.

Moderator Action: There's room in this forum for suggestions (and even wish-lists and speculation) about game features that won't make their way into the as-released version of the game, but might be candidates for an expansion. That is the intended spirit of this thread. If that bothers you, feel free to opt out of this discussion.

Back on topic:

I seem to recall an interview saying there was no UN or global council or whatnot. Maybe that is being saved for an expansion.

1. More factions!

What is an expansion without more factions?! There are only eight factions shipping, but world is so big they could add at least eight more factions in DLC alone! I wouldn't mind playing a Buddhist-Corporate-Shinto mission to le Planet!

2. Floating Cities!

Why stop at just underwater cities and sea cities!? They could add cities that float in space on the space layer! This would open so many new mechanics and expand the very shallow and satellite system that currently exists. More layers=expansion opportunity.

3. Converter!

The le CK2->EUIV converter for Paradox was super cool and I think that could work for this game (V->BE ofc lol). The starting situation would be based on the civilizations, religions, victory conditions, economies, politics, trade deals, and eerything else from that game into the new one! A grand campaign from 4000 BC to 2500 AD!

4. More Affinities!

There are only three affinities? That's so lame. It doesn't even sound like it would play right, so I think there should be more affinities. Maybe sub-affinities! They could have sub-affiniites!!!

No but seriously. Sub-affinities.

5. Aliens?

Aliens.

6. More units and techs!

We need more units and techs! A tech that unlocks time travel so we can send units back and time to invade ourselves or something! But seriously, of course we'll get more techs. As always.

Three space layers and a time layer! It would be revolutioanry! only one game i know has done this, but i cant remember what it was called. :(

What do you guys think? I think a time layer would be really cool, but I can't see how it could be hard to work in. The rest? All of it seems totally doable, including floating cities/space stations. Then again, I am relying 100% of what I've heard since nobody has played the game and therefore knows exactly how the space layer works (I've heard conflicting things). As for aliens, well, what more can be said? Aliens. Lets not overthink it.

Top Bottom