1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for other Tw games

Discussion in 'Total War' started by kristopherb, Mar 12, 2007.

1. tommyommy

tommyommy Chieftain

Ok then. You could do the Mauri's from New Zealand.
    tommyommy

2. salty mud

salty mud Deity

I expect many people who buy the game will have never heard of the Mauri's, let alone what wars they participated in. Also, a map of Australia and New Zealand would possibly be quite boring.

My idea is a Total War on the British Empire. While the British have guns, machine guns and cannons, many of their adversiaries (Zulus, Native Americans etc) didn't. It should prove challenging and hopefully fun for the greater in numbers but seriously lacking in firepower. Commander of the Zulus will have to use his head.

3. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

English could be handicapped with expensive troops and of course long distances. Also slave revolts would be awful to English.

4. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Good points. This is an chance to expand on the somewhat lacking navy options present now.

5. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Er, the Vikings came around long after the Western Roman Emprie collapsed. And the gauls and celts and romans were a bit later than ancient egypt. Refer back to my previous psot and the Fertile Crescent sectino of it.

Also, the aborigionees of Austrailia, indeed, the south pacific, did not have armies. So unfortunately that idea won't work.

The English Empire would indeed be cool, as per my idea in my previosu post too.

6. kristopherb

kristopherb Protective/Charismatic

totalwar;the rise of England now i whould buy that

7. salty mud

salty mud Deity

So basically my idea. ;)

You are very patriotic for Old Blighty aren't you? :)

8. kristopherb

kristopherb Protective/Charismatic

extremly, you ain't

but the problem is with england is that empire was so huge and at different times (longbows-recaots)you will need different scenarios they can bedone in order or done at random.
    1-unification of england
    2-battle of hastings
    3-anglo-frenchwars
    4-spanish armada

5-colonies of americas
    6-colonies of africa
    7-colonies of the south east(austrailia etc)
    8-india colonizeation
    9-war of independance

the first you need to do is to unite england then protect it from invasion through the ages
    each war(invasion) will last a number of turns you must keep cities under your control for X turns or capture them back before the turns run out or english invasions(colonization) you capture set cities and more before turn run out.This means the map will not always have the british ilse's but a foothold.
    is it a good idea?

9. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

The original idea was the time of British empire, I think...

10. drzoidberg

drzoidberg Prince

They can make it about anything. They just need to diversify the troops enough to make it fun. I'd personally like to see India. It would be very similar to M:TW2. Three big religions battling it out. Elephants, horses, swords and later pesky brits with their muskets. I think it would be a hoot.

Africa in the age of colonialism could also be fun. It's always fun to win when you're vastly outnumbered.

11. Keroro

Keroro Dororo: Ninja Frog

India would be great - I assume that the three religions that you're thinking of would be Hinduism and Buddhism already in India, and then Islam sweeping in from the West? It's a fascinating time period and one that I would enjoy tremendously.

I've often found it slightly disappointing that, after it started with Shogun, it has become so western oriented. I love RTW, but I'd be more interested in a conflict that didn't take place in Europe.

12. drzoidberg

drzoidberg Prince

Don't forget the slippers on those generals!!! I thought they where so hillarious that when I was in India I bought replicas every emperor and moghal wore. Curly and pointy. It's really hard to even walk in them. It would look awsome to see them in battle.

An important feature with Total War is that you have to build your empire from scratch and that there's challenge all the way. So there's not a hell of a lot of scenarious possible. Not if you want to span it over eras and keep it somewhat historically correct. The Alexander expansion showed us how not to do it.

13. Fuzzz

Fuzzz you

For those who wanted a gunpowder-era TW game, I've been playing this Napoleonic game called Cossacks II (Napoleonic Wars) for a while now and it's great. You control your units in a similar way as you do in TW, but you get gunpowder units which is of course different than i've seen in any of the TW-series.

For in-game images

grtz, fuzzz

14. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

I'd much rather see a Total War that has the entire world map. Like Europa Unversalis. Although I would think you could technically do that now with Medieval 2.

15. flyingchicken

flyingchicken Deity

Clearly, it should be Riots: Total War. The historical battle will bring you to the greatest riots in history, from the Middle East to the heartlands of the Western world. It won't have a campaign mode, sadly, but at least it's modern.

There's also Warrior: Total War, where cavemen face off in a battle for supremacy. Since Creative Assembly likes to add fictional units in its Total War games, then I'm guessing Cavemen could ride large prehistoric horses, use pots as ranged weapons, and field large armies.

16. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

I don't think that would be quite possible yet. Even Medieval 2 doesn't have anywhere near the number of separate nations and amount of provinces to make it similar to EU. The amount of battles each turn would be a horrible strain on any game.

17. Kaiser Mac Cleg

Kaiser Mac Cleg Chieftain

I'd lide to see a Shogun II: Total War, and I think a China: Total War would work well as well - there were a large number of factions at any period in China's history, and you could implement both a Hunnic invasion and a Mongol invasion. I'm not convinced a Total War based on the Americas would work as well, because apart from the Europeans, Mesoamericans and Incans, there weren't any organised nations or large armies...But even so, I think CA will do a TW based on the Americas at some point because of the consumers in the US and Canada. A Total War in modern time, however, simply would not work. How would you use aircraft, or for that matter, notrmal armies, when single units are spread out over miles?

18. RickFGS

RickFGS Deity

Playboy Total War!

19. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

I would like a modern age total war but how it would look and work is very difficult!

20. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I would download that if someone made it into a mod!

And for India, don't forget the Sikhs!