Ideas for other Tw games

peolple say they cant do it because of air strikes are too hard too make work on this engine. One fix I can think of is to do it like navel battles auto battle

Gandhi: Total War!:joke:
Seriously now, I would like to see a Total War game in the Americas. It can be two scenarios: one with the Native American civilizations fighting each other and one with the natives fighting the Europeans.

Well in the route of fiction I'd see Middle-earth: Total war. That is if they can get a licence for that sort of thing.

Well in the route of fiction I'd see Middle-earth: Total war. That is if they can get a licence for that sort of thing.

People complain with fanatasy units in the game, never mind a fantasy game! I think Total War is better suited to real history, IMO.

I've always thought LotR would lend itself well to a Total War game, ever since I played Shogun. I can't see it happening though, sadly.

People complain with fanatasy units in the game, never mind a fantasy game! I think Total War is better suited to real history, IMO.

People tend to complain about fantasy units in a history based game. If the game is entirely based on fiction the fictional units are right at home.

People tend to complain about fantasy units in a history based game. If the game is entirely based on fiction the fictional units are right at home.

Are you kidding? Fantasy/Sci-Fi fans are even worse than historians - one misplaced elven unit type and the entire Tolkien community would be up in arms!

That wasn't quite what I meant, but for me it wouldn't make any difference. I'm not a Tolkien geek.

I was joking, and since I first played Shogun I have always said that a Lord of the Rings: Total War would be nothing less than fantastic. I'm quite with Rheinmetall on this one.

The only problem I can see is that current LotR games are mostly based on the film version at the moment, as it's the adaption that most people identify with. EA currently hold the rights to that licence, which would be problematic. At the same time, the recent LotR Online game has distanced itself from the film style - maybe there's hope for such a Total War yet :)

i whould like a "Asisa total war" focusing on china, japan, korea, and and mongolia

if it was posible, i whould like a larger map too, to include south east asia and india, but thats asking for a lot.

and america total war whould be good, fucsing on the aztechs, myai ect.

a "mesopotamia total war" whouldnt be bad, with the summerian city states, babilon, meds, kingdom of judia, hittites, egypt ect ect and posibly greece. this area of time is usely left untuched by most games, if any games ever focus on mesopotamia is for an alexander campaning or something.

Mesopotamia TW is the best idea yet. It is perfectly doable and it is a very interesting era/area. One could make a TW game based around the dawn of agriculture/civilization around the Euphrates and the Tigris, Nile and the Eastern Mediterranean (see pic). The game could +- end where Rome TW ends, perhaps faster if this is too long.

Ill like to see a map that streches from Portugal to Japan but I think there will be a good 40+ factions

What era? What timescale? 40+ factions would take ages to take their turns. Map too big also, I think.

Sorry if I'm too critical. :)

great idea but turns would take forever, I like the idea of mid east thru japan india total war but that map be to big also

With Asia I think we have a boring map problem. It is basically land >> land >> land >> land >> sea. The Caspian and Indian seas could be in, but there is still a great landmass.

With Asia I think we have a boring map problem. It is basically land >> land >> land >> land >> sea. The Caspian and Indian seas could be in, but there is still a great landmass.

Look at my post from 2 days ago, that's a good Asia - map. :)

Well then you oughta play Shogun TW (the Europeans also visited the Japanese there).

Top Bottom