• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Ideas to spice up the Overcouncil

You can make a resolution to hire Radiant Guards
(Edit: I forgot this was in the Wildmana instead of normal FfH2 forum)

You could change what civics it can force

You could give it a diplomatic victory condition

You could make Overcouncil civs share their maps

You could raise the cost of Undercouncil resolutions

Radiant Guards are already hireable, we could add Rathas and Empy priests... I would also love a resolution to enforce Republic. a resolution to share maps also sounds good :)

I did not notice that the Raidant guard were hireable. I'll have to pay closer attention.

One thing I'd like to see is better explanations as to what each option does. Also, the idea of overcouncil as I see it should be to assemble to forces of good to fight the rising tides of armaggedon. So making it more spicy around the armageddon counter would be fun.

The overcouncil currently has:

Single Currency (trade only with overcouncil members?)
Open Markers (not sure what this does?)
Ban Entropy/Death/Chaos? mana
Stop trading w/
Start war w/
?Hire Radiant Guard

My suggestions:

At Armageddon Counter of >30:

"Prepare the Watchers" - spawns a two Lightbringers (I just like the name) with Perfect Sight, Sentry I,II,III in the capitals of each Overcouncil member

At Armageddon Counter >50:

"Prepare the People" - each overcouncil city gets +2 happy, +2 healthy (a building?), +10% production, +10% food, +10% commerce

At Armageddon Counter >70

"Assemble the Pieces of Justice" - gives each overcouncil member a random piece of equipment in their capital that is very powerful

Sword of Justice: +3 attack, +50% versus Demon, +50% versus Undead, +1 afinity to Life, +1 affinity to Law, each kill lowers Armageddon counter by 1

Shield of Justice: +3 defence, +50% versus Demon, +50% versus Undead, +1 affinity to Life, +1 affinity to Law, each kill lowers Armageddon counter by 1

Banner of Justice: +1 movement, can cast Morale, can cast Courage, can cast destroy undead, can cast loyalty, can cast law III (the one that gives +2 XP per kill)

Crown of Justice: +2 strenght (attack & defence), +50% versus Demon, +50% versus Undead, can cast Courage, +1 affinity to Life, +1 affinity to Law

At Armageddon Counter >90

"Prepare for the End" - each overcouncil city spawns an Angel

It's funny, at one point I was actually considering starting a similar thread in the main FfH2 forum. I'd played a game where I adopted Overcouncil for the first time in a very long time and was reminded why I usually don't adopt it, since the benefits seem fairly minimal.

It's been a while since I used the Overcouncil, but I don't think that there's a Radiant Guard resolution. What I remember is an event where the Overcouncil offers assistance to your empire and one of the options you can select gives you 2(?) Radiant Guards.

Maybe there could be more events with the Overcouncil offering different types of assistance. To make them useful, though, they'd probably have to be removed from the normal list of events and made some special Overcouncil-only set of events, otherwise they would happen too infrequently to be beneficial.

Tweakmod does a good job here of making it better, though more could be done.

To be honest, I find the extra allignment types a bit too confusing and I am not sure what they do or what they bring to the game. I'd prefer keeping it very simple and having Good / Neutral / Evil; but then again I'm not the owner.

I also believe that Overcouncil is a bit dull. My ideas come from the thought that the Overcouncil is something that make people feel safer, so I'd make it add some happiness to each city depending on how "big" the Overcouncil is (and maybe according to the resolutions). This could be done with a building for each city, in the same way as the Khazad.

For instance (TOL = Total Overcouncil Land, covered by members, although a more complex formula could be used instead)
TOL <20% : No effect
TOL >20% <40% : +1 :)
TOL >40% <60% : +2 :)
and so on

Also, a nice new resolution could be "Cooperative public healers" that could have a similar effect but with health.

This way Overcouncil would be empowered only if there are enough members. Also, the progress of one of the members would benefit the others...

I hate the ban mana types. the AI always votes for it. ALWAYS, I rather seen those removed and something else added.

Heal the disabled: Remove all diseases and heals injuries from units at least partially
No rest for the wicked: -2 Diplomacy towards evil civs. +2 :) in all cities
Protection of the meek: The weakest civ in the council gains free units and a tech the others own. +4 diplomacy form this civ. +1 :) happiness for all other civs
Ban death mana, allow building that has +1 :health: +1 :) for life mana
Ban entropy mana, allow building that has positive effect related to (what's the opposite of entropy)
Ban shadow mana, allow building that has positive effect related to sun mana
Enlightenment: 10 turns peace between all council members. Chance to receive a prophet
Force republic. Chance to gain a sage and/or a merchant or everyone
Force liberty. Chance to gain an artist for everyone

Emptiness hit the nail right on the head here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354994 ( post #20 ) . Liberty sucks hairy monkey nuts unless you want a cultural victory and is a terrible civic to enforce ( the AI loves enforcing it though, eheh ) . same with banning mana types, which although flavourful is not only useless but damaging. replacing these with something actually useful will go a long way towards making the OC better.

Global Liberty could be replaced with resolutions that allow all OC civs to adopt any civic of a given row. more choice instead of no choice :D

Banning Mana could be replaced by something about decreasing the AC. what about a resolution that gives a special unit that can remove AV from cities, use sanctify and cancel the stigmata and prophecy mark promotions off units, both enemy and friendly? perhaps also able to remove AV from units, both enemy and friendly.

pretty much unrelated, but what about moving Crusade to another row so that the Bannor can use it alongside with Social Order? the one with agrarianism or the one with military state both look good enough to me.

maybe instead of banning make a resolution to convert mana type to another in OC culture.

Entropy to Creation (or Spirit)
Death to Life (or Nature)
Shadow to Sun

Of course this would only work on world mana types, not building generated manas and doesnt stop you from dispelling a rebuilding a raw to the banned type.

Or you ban the mana, but get an additional mana of the opposite type for free.

Public health care: share all health resources members have among all members, except or including life mana.

"ripped from todays headlines!!!!"

Public health care: share all health resources members have among all members, except or including life mana.

sorry guys couldnt resist a little sick political humor........ nanoo nanoo :crazyeye:

From another thread:
Dunno if this was already suggested, but how about adding a benefit to the outlawing of evil mana.
For example, outlawing a certain mana type weakens it's effects and spells in overcouncil territory.

There are some other good suggestions regarding this matter though.
I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced completely by something more fun.

Top Bottom