IE simple question

cromagnon

Emperor
This may seem painfully silly to some of you, but it's been bugging me for a couple of months now.

Whenever I open a new window in Explorer 5.5, it opens one that is teeny-tiny, maybe 1x1" (2x2cm). I always have to hit the maximize button. This was not the case several months ago - back then, new windows would open to their full size.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to change this. Any suggestions?

I could never figure out how IE determines a new window size.

I'm interested in hearing how this is accomplished as well.

Open up only one window of IE and then expand the size to what you want it to be. After that, hit the maximize button, then hit the restore button again. Close the IE window, and then open a new one. It should open to the specified size.

Yeah. . . Jeratain is right. IE tends to remember the size. It sucks when you switch resolutions (my wife likes 1024x768, I prefer 1280x1024. The screens always get messed up.

Thanks guys, I think it worked. I was actually a bit unspecific - the teeny window would only appear when I clicked on a link that opened a new window, but not when hitting the 'e' icon. But now it's all good.

Yup, IE is always screwy about that. It gets really annoying when it automatically resizes.

Personally, I like to keep my window sizes at a relatively small size, because I open up multiple posts at one time, then I maximize them each and read each post until I close them. It just makes it easier for me to navigate.

Top Bottom