41. Portugal
42. Babylon / Assyria / or even Palmyria
43. Hungary / Lithuania
44. Sweden
45. Apache / Comanche
46. Maori
47. Vietnam
48. Carthage
49. Italy / Italian City State ( Naples / Venice / Papal State / Sicily / Milan / Genoa)
50. Canada / Mexico

I know the last is probably a debatable civ

Instead of Canada/Mexico, give us both Babylon and Assyria.

This is what I'd like to see happen after Rise & Fall (assuming Mapuche, Scotland, and Zulu):

Post-R&F DLC:
Ottomans and Byzantines double civ pack
Includes Fall of Constantinople Scenario.

Mali led by Mansa Musa standalone DLC.
Includes University of Sankore or Great Mosque of Djenne wonder (both would probably be hoping for too much) and a scenario.

Inca and Spain alt leader (Isabella) DLC pack
Includes Machu Picchu wonder, Rock of Gibraltar natural wonder, Terra map script, and Conquest of the New World Scenario.

Alt leader pack DLC
France (Napoleon), Egypt (Ramesses II), England (Elizabeth I)

Map pack DLC

Second Expansion with 8 civs and 1 alt leader:
Carthage
Babylon
Portugal
Maya
Ethiopia
Morocco
Hungary
Lakota
?? alt leader

Post-2nd expac DLC:
2nd Alt leader pack DLC
No specific suggestions. At this point, you might be able to include some alt leaders for past DLC and the 2nd expansion.

Misc civs for DLC
Maori (or other Polynesian civ)
Sweden
Mughals
Assyria

This is what I'd like to see happen after Rise & Fall (assuming Mapuche, Scotland, and Zulu):

Post-R&F DLC:
Ottomans and Byzantines double civ pack
Includes Fall of Constantinople Scenario.

Mali led by Mansa Musa standalone DLC.
Includes University of Sankore or Great Mosque of Djenne wonder (both would probably be hoping for too much) and a scenario.

Inca and Spain alt leader (Isabella) DLC pack
Includes Machu Picchu wonder, Rock of Gibraltar natural wonder, Terra map script, and Conquest of the New World Scenario.

Alt leader pack DLC
France (Napoleon), Egypt (Ramesses II), England (Elizabeth I)

Map pack DLC

Second Expansion with 8 civs and 1 alt leader:
Carthage
Babylon
Portugal
Maya
Ethiopia
Morocco
Hungary
Lakota
?? alt leader

Post-2nd expac DLC:
2nd Alt leader pack DLC
No specific suggestions. At this point, you might be able to include some alt leaders for past DLC and the 2nd expansion.

Misc civs for DLC
Maori (or other Polynesian civ)
Sweden
Mughals
Assyria

This would be awesome — pretty much exactly what I’m hoping for as well

I lot of people are listing either Austria or Hungary separately, but I would really rather Austria-Hungary. This would allow for the duel Capitals ability, and both civs would get representation in the game, rather than only one of them (it is unlikely we will get both separately, especially with the choice of leader for Poland).

As for post DLCs and expansions I really don't have any suggestions I have at the moment on my head. Post DLC wise I am hoping to see a lot of alternate leaders in for this year going all the way even after the second expansion. Not too sure if they'll do a third expansion. It'll be nice if they can do 50 civs but i'd expect around 40 if Firaxis stays with that number. I also hope if they do add more alt leaders. I'd hope for more Female leaders but at the same time though I love seeing new female leaders I don't want too many of them. It would be nice if they have at least 1 female leader for each civ in the game but at the same time keeping the male to female leader ratio leaning towards the male leaders, though it's going to be very hard finding a female leader for the Cree and some other civs may have trouble finding some too. As for the 11 Civs left they could split the 11 civs in two have the second expansion have 6 new civs with a third one adding 5, I'd be surprised if there is going to be 50 civs.

I lot of people are listing either Austria or Hungary separately, but I would really rather Austria-Hungary. This would allow for the duel Capitals ability, and both civs would get representation in the game, rather than only one of them (it is unlikely we will get both separately, especially with the choice of leader for Poland).
Ideally I would like Austria to be separate, just for Maria Theresa again. But I wouldn't be opposed to an Austria representing the Austrian-Hungarian Empire, because I don't see it necessary being called that in game.

Post DLC wise I am hoping to see a lot of alternate leaders in for this year going all the way even after the second expansion. Not too sure if they'll do a third expansion. It'll be nice if they can do 50 civs but i'd expect around 40 if Firaxis stays with that number. I also hope if they do add more alt leaders. I'd hope for more Female leaders but at the same time though I love seeing new female leaders I don't want too many of them. It would be nice if they have at least 1 female leader for each civ in the game but at the same time keeping the male to female leader ratio leaning towards the male leaders, though it's going to be very hard finding a female leader for the Cree and some other civs may have trouble finding some too.
I wouldn't expect more than 10 official alt leaders, and that's me being gracious. They want to give that mainly to the modders.
I hope we don't get only 40 civs. That would mean only one more xpac with 6 civs. That would be 3 less than the previous game. I'm hoping for close to 50.
Unfortunately you really can't go into finding female leaders for every Civ, especially ones that didn't exist (yes, even the U.S.). Then you would go into the dangerous territory of making leaders up just for the sake of diversity. Queen regents are where I draw the line.

In the case they are doing alternate leader for France, i hope it will not be Napoleon Bonaparte. It's not i dont like him, just we got it on civ 5 and France has lots of other interesting leaders. François 1er (Francis I of France) would have my vote, but we can as well think about Charlemagne (Charles I), Charles VII, Henri IV, Louis XIV...

About new civ, Austria-Hungary as said a little earlier could be a good idea for a new civ. Think it would be with Ottoman a must-have.

In the case they are doing alternate leader for France, i hope it will not be Napoleon Bonaparte. It's not i dont like him, just we got it on civ 5 and France has lots of other interesting leaders. François 1er (Francis I of France) would have my vote, but we can as well think about Charlemagne (Charles I), Charles VII, Henri IV, Louis XIV...

About new civ, Austria-Hungary as said a little earlier could be a good idea for a new civ. Think it would be with Ottoman a must-have.

I would advocate for Louis XIV as an alt leader for France, but Firaxis went and finally put the Imperial Guard as France's UU. Now I feel like we have to have Napoleon.

I would advocate for Louis XIV as an alt leader for France, but Firaxis went and finally put the Imperial Guard as France's UU. Now I feel like we have to have Napoleon.
:nono: The reason they didn't give us Napoleon is because of that UU, as a replacement for him. You should still advocate for Louis XIV. :D

:nono: The reason they didn't give us Napoleon is because of that UU, as a replacement for him. You should still advocate for Louis XIV. :D
It might mean that they had planned to add Napoleon later, like preparing the civ for the leader.

It might mean that they had planned to add Napoleon later, like preparing the civ for the leader.
Then they should have made them his UU and gave us musketeers instead. :p

They should give us Louis XIV with musketeers as his uu and someone should just mod napoelon in already. Not sure why there is a Napoleon II and Charles deGaul over him...

Think so, hopeless, it looks like a lack of imagination... And put Imperial Guard with Catherine de Medecis is just a nonsence. :crazyeye:
They should give us Louis XIV with musketeers as his uu and someone should just mod napoelon in already. Not sure why there is a Napoleon II and Charles deGaul over him...
You would mean Napoleon III ? Napoleon II could never reign and, if i am not wrong, he even didn't lived in France.

I don't know how it is abroad, but De Gaulle is still popular in France. Some politics even speaks about Gaullism to speak about his political inheritance. Whatever, i don't see Firaxis set him as new french leader.

Yeah that’s what I meant, thanks. I could potentially see De Gaulle from firaxis at some point, especially now that you say he’s really popular, although I really think if they go anywhere this iteration it should and will be Louis XIV.

I’m trying to think about how he’s thought of abroad... I wouldn’t say terribly positively (Algeria and all that I guess), but not really badly either. I’m not sure any young person in the US who isn’t into history (sadly) would know much about him

As far as second leaders go I would like to see (for the existing civs):

England - Elizabeth I or Henry VIII
USA - Eleanor Roosevelt or Alexander Hamilton
Germany - Willy Brandt (perfect leader for a strong diplomacy/alliance-centered ability)
France - Louis XIV
Egypt - Ramses III
Russia - Catherine II or Elizabeth I
Rome - Marcus Aurelius

Top Bottom