If You Could Change One Thing

If I could change one thing, it would be that people wouldn't talk about things they would change when they haven't even played the friggin' game yet.

You don't need to play the game to read about features added or removed that you don't agree with.

That said, anything that they made more simple than in Civ IV, I would like put back to the old way. Which is a lot...like making resources less powerful and interesting.

I like complexity.

I would push the release date up by two days.

Ok, I'd change two things.

I'd release it at the same time worldwide, because this is the fricking internet, and there's no reason not to.

bah,Boudica is not the kind of hot woman XD
She is more the kind...Dagerous : P

Ok,IDK a lot of things About her,I just know that romans made a lot of bad things against she and her daughters....

Then she started to troll all the romans : >

Anyway,I don't want brennus or vencingotrix (Or whatever)

Boudica have a more adventurous and Celtic style : P

Pirate ships.

I love building my navy on pirate ships.

War in peacetime is just so great.

And speaking of great, those pirate ships generate Great Generals too.

Man, I'm gonna miss those pirate ships.

Eliminate all victory conditions.

The fact that they are present and people STILL suffer from extreme end game boredom, means they are worthless (ok ok, just a small minority players like me think this!). Civ should just accept the fact that the vast majority of the fun is building your empire over the first 80% of the game.

I guess they added a few more future techs to the game to combat that, but I doubt they added enough, if indeed this is even a solution.

I don't think Sid could change it, since he wasn't the lead designer on this one, but I would say:

NO 1 UNIT PER TILE RULE!

EDIT:
Definitely agree there. I bet she was quite... er, masculine, I suppose.

As long as they don't have actual nuts, masculine women can be hot...

bah,Boudica is not the kind of hot woman XD
She is more the kind...Dagerous : P

Ok,IDK a lot of things About her,I just know that romans made a lot of bad things against she and her daughters....

Then she started to troll all the romans : >

Anyway,I don't want brennus or vencingotrix (Or whatever)

Boudica have a more adventurous and Celtic style : P

Her history is kinda sketchy and tied up in the politics of Roman historians. She led a rebellion of British Celtic tribes starting with her tribe, the Iceni. She isn't associated with mainland Gaul at all. From a gender inclusion perspective, she's pretty cool. From a representation of all Celts, she fails quite a bit (the Iceni represent the area around Colchester). Vercingetorix gets all the mainland Gaul. Then again, Boudica might have a better military record than he does.

In the end, I'd say it's a toss up between the two with Brennus being third.

One thing I really wish they'd do is, at least in the latter periods, make the food an empire wide resource, the same as they're doing with happiness.

I'd love to be able to have a few select cities feed my empire. In real life you don't have Los Angeles and New York worrying about whether they have enough food for their citizens, everything gets trucked in.

I'd love it for two reasons:

Able to make cities even more specialized.

Raises the strategic importance of a city or region. You better protect your breadbasket or your country will be in a lot of trouble. It also adds blockading to the mix.

It's only 3 days, I think it's not worth to waste a "wish" on it.

Well if this was the old days and I was waiting on a CD to arrive in the post that might be the case. But right now I have Civ 5 pre-loaded on my PC, just sitting there and the only benefit I can see is helping me practice my psychic punching powers on my US mates while they undoubtably flaunt their extra Civ 5 time in my face.

Hell, I spent 2 hours on friday watching the gameplay/dev commentary stream recording and today I downloaded and read the manual (Can't remember the last time I read a manual), I think I'm addicted to the game already. You go tell any other addict that it's 'only 3 days' till they can get a fix and see what reaction you get.

Seriously, is there any good reason why all the people that have it pre-loaded already can't get it unlocked on the same day as the US?

Seriously, is there any good reason why all the people that have it pre-loaded already can't get it unlocked on the same day as the US?

There is no good reason. Only some corporate machinations.

Top Bottom