If You Could Change One Thing

1) Dont ask money for downloadable content please. Just make expansions
2) Ad William Wallace as a great general.
3) Ad the Dutch empire for epic sea battles against England

One wish, for me?? Anything??

I realize I'm asking for this before I see what is really done in-game, so let's call this as much a 'hope' as a 'wish'.

I wish for better AI. Not through bonuses, or behind-the-scenes extras the human doesn't get, but because it knows and can use the existing rules of the game to create good strategies and tactics.

I know there's a fine line here - processor power, computer limitations, programming; and I also have no desire for a Deep Blue level AI that can trounce me every time... :) But I'm hoping the AI will be well balanced, with varied styles (depending on the leader) and fun to play against.

At least make it an option. I play loooong LAN games with friends and I want to appreciate the Graphics.

I don't doubt your games are long if you've all got the battle animations on :lol:

:mischief:

Forget, Boudica, and Brennus. Forget Vercingetorix.
The one and true leader of the celts should be.....
Asterix! :D

Changed out DARIUS I to CYRUS THE GREAT who was the creator of the persian empire, saviour of babylon the creater of human rights!

Hmm...if I could change one thing...

Germany get Hitler as their leader...who doesn't like killing digital nazis?

I would add more wonders... there doesn't seem to be that many, oh and add more culture to them as well. Since when does a great wonder of the world add 1 culture to a civ...?

Hmm...if I could change one thing...

Germany get Hitler as their leader...who doesn't like killing digital nazis?

Vote'd.

But I'm sure the mod community will be hard at work for this anyhoo.

You pick up your phone and, what do you know? It's Sid Meier. "Hey, you loyal Civ Fanatic, you," he says cheerily. "You've been such a dedicated fan of my franchise that I'm going to let you make one, just one, change to Civ V before it's released."

What's the -one- thing you would have done differently, taken out, or added to the game?

Personally, I'd like a wider range of resources. Ones that are perfectly equivalent to each other (pigs are no better or worse than cows), that just adds a little spice and flavor to the game.

I would add the capability to change between simultaneous/turn based play in multiplayer.

Changed out DARIUS I to CYRUS THE GREAT who was the creator of the persian empire, saviour of babylon the creater of human rights!

I don't know about savior of Babylon. Sure he was a benevolent conqueror, but he did conquer the city. I'm sure there were plenty of Chaldeans who weren't happy to give up ruling control.

Cyrus was the conqueror, Darius was the consolidator, imo. Cyrus conquered almost everything, Darius organized the government and made sure it could last. He also did a lot to create a Persian culture since there really wasn't one (not on the scale that rulers of Mesopotamia were expected to have). He imported artists for construction projects and the like, but he made sure it was a "Persian" style, not a Babylonian style. Plus, even though it would be cool to have the leader speak Old Persian in the game, let's face it, making Aramaic the administrative language of the empire did a lot to unify it and make it run more efficiently.

Top Bottom