IGN Article" How Civ6 will redefine art design"

Well I hope that's true, graphics aren't important as long as the quality is there. I also heard that this new game will be much more mod friendly, so there's gape for new and better textures.

Yes, that's right. Gameplay is more important than graphics.

Being mod friendly is very encouraging. There are some very creative people in this community. :)

I think what's being meant by 'realism' is 'immersion'. Some people find it easier to immerse themselves in empire-building if they are looking at graphics which resemble the real world, rather than graphics which are designed to look different from the real world.

Eh, if the empires really looked like the real world, the cities would be filthy and disease ridden most of the time.

Single leader per civ is not a result of graphics, it's gameplay decision and it's good.

Jon Shafer begs to disagree:
Leaders are actually ALL of the extra work. Adding new civs is pretty trivial by comparison. I wanted to keep multiple leaders in 5 but it was just too expensive. I'd assume the same is true for Civ 6, but hey, you never know.

- Jon

Jon Shafer begs to disagree:

Speaking about the amount of work in graphics, animations and speech - of course the work on leaders is huge. In gameplay it's different. We even don't know whether the Jon intended to have all leaders for a single civ share the same abilities or something new. If the latter - I'd be happy to hear what other leader abilities for existing Civ5 civs they had on the table.

Top Bottom