1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Igor's LeaderHeads

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by IgorS, Jul 22, 2009.

1. kochman

kochman Deity

I think it was also at least partially the money... to be fair... and I do realize you aren't getting paid for this.

2. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

I took The Capo's Salamasina and turned her into Lady Xoc. I want to hear your opinions on the design.

Attached Files:

3. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

It looks...okay...but the design of the clothing reminds me of a cross between a coral reef and the neck rings of the Kayan people of Burma.

4. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I think she should have either face-paint or some type of facial decorations or something to make her look different from Salamasina. I'd also put some type of decoration or texturing on her collar. Looks pretty cool though. :goodjob:

EDIT: Maybe Jaguar skin on the clothes, or at least on the cape part.

5. IgorS

I will try to change the cape to jaguar skin. I'll be right back with another preview...

6. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

If you really want to pull this off Igor, and since this may or may not be your LH-making Swan Song, I suggest you go all out. Here are some inspirational images that I think you should consider...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

You can do it Igor!!! :goodjob:

7. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

I'm not sure how much this would help, but here's an image of her (on the right):

And sorry for being so harsh earlier; it's not bad, in fact it looks pretty good. But it could be improved.

8. IgorS

I based her on this image- her clothes use this pattern.

9. IgorS

OK, v2- better?

Attached Files:

10. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

That's starting to look really cool. If I could make a few suggestions though. First I'd move the crown thing back so its sitting "behind" her bangs. Maybe right between where her bangs and hair meet. I'd also retexture the skull from Montezuma to look like it is made out of jade or something and put that where a clasp or knot would be on the cape. You might want to add some feathers around the crown too (like Huayna Capac has). I think the feathers on the shoulders might be overdoing it a bit, but I don't know. The background is a little busy too and kind of makes the LH look messy overall, and it doesn't let the LH stand out IMO. Maybe grab the final image from the Chichen Itza wondermovie and use that?

EDIT: Oh yeah, the face paint is cool, but I think the Jaguar pattern isn't the best choice. I'd go with something black, blue, or green.

11. fox456

fox456 Warlord

@IgorS,

Glad to see that you've come out of retirement (maybe, it's just semi-retirement!). Keep up the good work.

12. IgorS

I don't understand what you want me to do with crown. Do you want me to move it to the back of her head?:confused: I'll move the feathers from the shoulders to the crown and look for a new background. Could you show me what kind of face paint you have in mind for her? Maybe draw it yourself- so I can see exactly what you mean.

13. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I thought the crown thing was pretty obvious, but here are two images of what I am talking about. The face-paint thing is pretty obvious. For the crown though, see the black and brown lines I drew? Look in NifSkope and turn the LH to that same angle, now notice the "bangs" on the hair? See how they look compared to my crappy image? See the "seam" between the bangs and the rest of the hair? Put the crown there and then take the feathers that were on it (Huayna's) and put them on this LH too.

I mean it is up to you obviously, but that's the direction I'd go in, you could always tone down the face paint, I have no idea what the Mayans would wear really, and I don't think the Jaguar paint is a bad idea it just doesn't look too right on that LH.

14. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

v2 is much better than v1! Very, very good. :goodjob:

15. IgorS

OK, I made some of the stuff The Capo suggested and released Lady Xoc- go download her!

16. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

Awesome! This is a nice LH. Sort of resembles some one...can't think of who though :hmm:

17. IgorS

Salamasina, maybe?

18. Vika

Vika .

Very nice!

19. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Actually it resembles me more of Wu than Salamasina. I suppose because the hair is similar

So you did a good job Igor :)
    The only thing I don't like is her crown or hat, looks a little unnatural on her head

20. IgorS

Well, the base is Hatshepsut after all. The hair is Boudica's.
    It looks better and more natural ingame.