Imaginary Persona Packs for Leaders that Lack Them

Here are my ideas more fleshed out:

Varangian Harald: International trade routes yield more gold when the destination city is of the same religion as you are. When conquering a city gain gold equal to 200% of the combat strength of the unit you took the city with.
Agenda: Kievan Rus'- Likes when civilizations that follow same religion trade with him and participate in wars with him. Dislikes civilizations who follow the same religion but do not engage in trade with him or participate in wars with him.

Viking King Harald stays the same as the original.

Conqueror Saladin: Unlocks Holy War at Defensive Tactics. Gains combat strength against holy cities on that follow another religion. Gains the Mamluk UU when he is their leader.
Agenda: Holy Land-Dislikes civilizations founding another religion and dislikes other civs waging war on followers of his religion.

Scholar Saladin know wants his worship building to be built and to produce science and culture. Dislikes civilizations who do not build his worship building and aren't high in science and culture.
Camel Archer (unlocks at Horseback riding) becomes new Arabian UU and is available to both versions.

Last edited:
Could Peter of Russia have an alternative persona too? I find his current abilities quite boring and useless.
He also dreamed of Russia being a maritime power and built the first Russian naval base. Not sure how that would synergize with the rest of Russia's abilities being religious or cultural. :dunno:

Mostly because they hadn't accomplished anything at that point. :p But yeah, I edited it.
When Pedro II was a child he defeated the Republica Riograndense, was a 10 years live long republic next Uruguay in Silver Mesopothamia.

That is for game balance reasons. Russia's other abilities are quite strong. The extra territory and cheap holy district synergize very well. The Cossack is not a bad UU either.

True, but on the other hand, there are civilizations where the whole abilitites set is strong (Australia is screaming right now, Indonesia and Ethiopia also come to mind now, I'm sure there are a few more, Byzantines? Gauls? Inca?)
Peter's abilities sound exceptionally out of place. Playing as Peter you will most likely be ahead in Culture, so you will hardly get any extra culture on trade routes. You can get some science, but you will hardly get more than +1 extra science on trade routes (+5 or +6 extra science in the middle of the game...meh). Overall, the benefit of this ability is close to absolute zero.

Last edited:
Maybe the best solution is an alternative Russian leader. A militaristic Russia with Ivan the Terrible as leader would be very interesting.
I do agree that another alternate leader would be more interesting for Russia than another persona for Peter.

I mentioned Saladin and Harald for different personas because I don't expect them to get another leader. Saladin's current bonus could have easily been given to Harun Al Rashid to begin with, meaning a Saladin with abilities based around religious warfare could have also been in the game.

Though Byzantium became the Crusade civ but my idea is to make Saladin a more defensive religious leader as in protecting his home continent from other religions as opposed to Basil or Phillip.

The suggestions for a different Pedro II I like too.

When Pedro II was a child he defeated the Republica Riograndense, was a 10 years live long republic next Uruguay in Silver Mesopothamia.
If he was born in 1825 and that republic lasted until 1845 he would have been 20 when they were defeated. :confused:

Last edited:
but has 14 when he start to fight this war
Either way there would be no reason to make child or teenager Pedro when they would still need to reuse the model in game.

I think the best bet would be Fatherland Volunteer Pedro which would only require him to change into a more military uniform. Then he could come with the Voluntarios de Patria UU. At least basing a persona of him off of this war makes more sense than one when he was 14.

Either way there would be no reason to make child or teenager Pedro when they would still need to reuse the model in game.

I think the best bet would be Fatherland Volunteer Pedro which would only require him to change into a more military uniform. Then he could come with the Voluntarios de Patria UU. At least basing a persona of him off of this war makes more sense than one when he was 14.
200px-PedroII1865.jpeg
This seems good, right?

Yeah, you are Right! It would be amazing a new UU for Brazil. Maybe a pack with Argentina and Guarani and a scenario of the Guerra Guasú (The last war in Silver Mesopothamia)

Maybe a 14 years old Pedro II can show up in Civilization 7

Last edited:
Here is that Pedro II Persona Idea I mentioned I would do. Any suggestions on tweaks?

Voluntário da Pátria Pedro II of the Brazilian Empire

Voluntário da Pátria Pedro II.jpeg

Leader Ability: Guerra da Tríplice Aliança
All Military Units gain +3 Combat Strength and +10% Combat Experience for every Alliance Pedro II is in. Civilizations that Brazil is in an Alliance with gain +10% Production towards Military Units.
Gain the Voluntário da Pátria Unique Unit with Nationalism.

Unique Unit: Voluntário da Pátria
Brazilian Unique Industrial Era Melee Unit when Voluntário da Pátria Pedro II is their Leader.
+1 Combat Strength for every adjacent Voluntário da Pátria. +4 Combat Strength when fighting in Rainforest, Woods, Marsh, or Floodplains.
Require 10 Niter to train.

Production Cost: 320

Gold Cost: 1,280

Gold Maintenance: 3

Movement Points: 2

Combat Strength: 65

Sight Range: 2

Leader Agenda: Voluntário Número Um
Will establish as many Alliances as possible, as well as have a strong Military. Likes Civilizations that have many Alliances and have a strong Military, and dislikes those who have established Alliances but have a weak Military.

Agenda Approval: Your many alliances are as impressive as your mighty army. You are a great military thinker as well.

Agenda Disapproval: I can see that your diplomatic attempts are nothing but posturing. What would an army like that do to support your allies?

I couldn't find Pedro II in a Fatherland Volunteer Uniform, so this was the second-best picture I could find. :p I like to use portraits of only the Leader mentioned, so the ones with other people didn't count, unfortunately.

Here are my ideas more fleshed out:

Varangian Harald: International trade routes yield more gold when the destination city is of the same religion as you are. When conquering a city gain gold equal to 50% of the combat strength of the unit you took the city with.
Agenda: Kievan Rus'- Likes when civilizations that follow same religion trade with him and participate in wars with him. Dislikes civilizations who follow the same religion but do not engage in trade with him or participate in wars with him.

Viking King Harald stays the same as the original.
+25 Gold seems pretty... meh. Maybe 200%? You could get more Gold without it being too overpowered. Even in the Information Era, you'd only be getting 170 Gold.

+25 Gold seems pretty... meh. Maybe 200%? You could get more Gold without it being too overpowered. Even in the Information Era, you'd only be getting 170 Gold.
Numbers aren't my specialty so they can easily be changed, so I did it. Balance has never been my strongpoint. At least the idea is still there where he sacks the city they gain treasure. :)

I also went ahead and changed up Saladin's ability and agenda to solely deal with capturing holy cities of other religions, rather than cities on his continent that follow a different religion, considering well his dynasty was actually spread over two continents.

why not? Brazil have many gauchos as well, maybe an gaucho unit too (if Argentina doesn't appear in this game).
Even paraguay had Gaucho unit forces.
I mean appropriate as far as a Fatherland Volunteer persona goes. It would be more appropriate if he was in a Fatherland Volunteer uniform, unless that's what they wore.

True, but on the other hand, there are civilizations where the whole abilitites set is strong (Australia is screaming right now, Indonesia and Ethiopia also come to mind now, I'm sure there are a few more, Byzantines? Gauls? Inca?)
Peter's abilities sound exceptionally out of place. Playing as Peter you will most likely be ahead in Culture, so you will hardly get any extra culture on trade routes. You can get some science, but you will hardly get more than +1 extra science on trade routes (+5 or +6 extra science in the middle of the game...meh). Overall, the benefit of this ability is close to absolute zero.
Design-wise Peter kind of makes sense. The idea is for you to pump out those Lavras and trade route districts, which would then let you catch up on Science and Culture. Also, this LUA shines most on higher difficulty levels, so not completely useless. I see less value in some casus belli-tied LUAs.

The problem is the numbers. 1 yield per 3 techs/civics behind is both underwhelming and clunky to execute. With the power creep coming from later expansions, it wouldn't be too broken to just let him get 1 yield per 1 tech/civic behind. Or let him actually reap partial yields: 0.33 science/culture if he is only 1 tech/civic behind, as opposed to zero yield.

This could be done with a balance patch, no need for a persona. Fingers crossed Peter is on the list for April.

Top Bottom