Immortal University XXXIX: Mansa Musa

Emperor epic (first emperor game) 440BC-1355AD

Spoiler :

I built librarys, cottages, couthouse and workers everywere. After 15 turns I attacked Louis again and took 1 city so he has only 1 city left in the north. Shortly after the peace he vassaled to china. During the years I settled the remaining land and Louis settled 2 more junk cities in the ice. I got China to friendly and Louis to pleased by trading techs and resources with China and then gifting the techs I traded with China to Louis. I took rifling with liberalism (China hasnt even started on education 30 turns later, but i didnt want to gamble too much since i didnt know how far the other were). All my cities to wealth expect 3 prod cities (Oh yeah between education - rifling I built universities and oxford). Then I drafted every turn 3 rifles. I have 20 rifles or so now and 4 turns to steel.
Ill just built cannons and take over my continent. After that probably space race since I dont like over sees wars.

EDIT: 1355AD-1575AD

Spoiler :

I built 20 cannons and conquered China except 1 ice city, I vassalised both him and Louis and extorted all their techs. I got lucky with an engeneer (2 procent chance) and founded mining inc. I got about 60 rifles and cannons left so Ill probably whip some galleys and conquer a piece of the other continent. Space is off because I destroyed my economy totally (just 100 BPT now :p).

This thread doesn't look active, but I'll post anyway. I just got my first win on Immortal! Until now my best achievement was Monarch, so it was quite a jump :)

1886 AD Cultural win.

Here's a brief summary:
Spoiler :

I rushed Louis with skirmishers in the BCs, razed his two cities and started expanding gradually. Had 5 cities, GLib and Parthenon by around 1Ad. Took Qin's religion and made friends with him until the end of the game. Christianity also spread somehow across the ocean, so I had to do a culture win with only two religions. At least I was first to music, but lost Sistine to Qin. Also lost Liberalism by a few turns. He was ahead of me in tech the whole game, but I still managed to trade a bit by doing a beeline for Medicine. Incorporated Sushi, researched up to Rifling and Mass media. Managed to build the Eiffel tower, switched to 100% culture around that time.

Two of my legendary cities were easy to choose: the original capital and another city in former French territory that I eventually moved the capital to (it had the GLib). Third one I wasn't sure about for a while, so I ended up wasting one GA in what ended up being my GPfarm, even though I picked my Moai city for number three eventually. 6GAs used for city number 3, other two became legendary on the same turn, ended with one GA spare.

Had two wars with Mehmed, first one was insignificant, but second one lost one of my coastal cities. I had a Defensive Pact with Qin, so Mehmed ended up vassalizing to him as soon as his tanks were near my former city.

Funny thing, Beijing went legendary way before my cities and had ~85K culture by the end of the game. It had ~15 Wonders/Shrines/Corporations total. I am lucky the AI doesn't know how to go after culture.

Attachments

• IU Mansa Musa AD-1886CultureWin.CivBeyondSwordSave
    421.2 KB · Views: 65
Top Bottom