Imperialism 1870 PBEM

Originally posted by academia

You know i don´t read them ;)

Anyway, after reading it i find it 100% stupid.
So, if i lose 5 CITIES (FRANCE) BYE BYE SHIP BUILDING
I´m doomed. HOW THE HELL WILL I BE ABLE TO BUILD VESSELS TO MOVE TROOPS FROM MY COLONIES TO RECAPTURE FRANCE????
It´s impossible.

Guys, in my opinion this is nonsense, goes against civ2 playability and denies the progress of the colonies.
Seriously, i´m not sure if i´ll go on playing... i lose 5 cities and the game is over for me??? please... :rolleyes:

In the agreement you would give me your european navy as well. You hadn't plans to strike me back?

You told me you would continue in peace?

You hadn't plans to strike me back?
You told me you would continue in peace?
Are you kidding me? i can barely defend myself from UK

In the agreement you would give me your european navy as well.
I only said ONE SHIP. and i´m sure i´ll lose it next turn... do you really want that ship?

Yes, if the Brits are so kind they will leave the ship be, I guess it can still be organized :) .

I used this one, so i suggest you to download it and use it

What password? you don´t need MY password.
i´ve done it several times, and i don´t need it.

hmm...it says: 'Please enter your password for this file'. Everything I try is wrong. :confused:

you have to create a password for yourself first. It's not ale's password, just the one that you make up beforehand, before you try to open the civdip file, but after you've selected the save

I think it has something to do with the version of civdip Academia used. I downloaded the one he posted and it worked. Turn coming soon. :)

Germanos to play the US turn :)

:o Had a fight with my PC. Some nastyness killed my Anti-virus program. Fixed it at last.

Domestic News
Uprising near San Fransisco causes some inconveniences for the miners. The local garrisson's artillery makes short work of the rebels. Cavalry is in pursuit of the fleeing warparty.

Canadian Front
With the fall of Quebec, all of the eastern part of Canada is secured. Fierce battles continue with British Irregulars, and will continue for some time. After heavy fighting Newfoundland was cleared of the last remaining brits.
Meanwhile, US forces prepare for the assault on central Canada, with initial bombardments on Winnipeg. On the westcoast Vancouver is emptied, invasion plans ready for execution.

Atlantic
The battle of the Atlantic intensifies. Two british warships were sunk, together with an empty transport. The Russian steamer attempted to escape American patrols, but failed when it was sunk leaving the Belle Isle strait.

Carribean

British Irregulars under heavy attack by US forces. One airship was lost in the rainforest near Georgetown, a search for its crew faces great difficulties transversing the thick Jungle.

Mediterranean
Jerusalem falls with surprisingly little effort…until US troops scout the countryside. Heavy resistence from British Irregulars result in the destruction of a battery of heavy Artillery :eek: and a battery of Field Artillery. The US navy had once again to bombard te coastline before the british forces were defeated.
Egyptian and Kuwaiti forces link up north of the Empty Quarter.

Saloniki has been found all but abandoned. The city is secured with the help of the brand new battleship USS Egypt. Aerial bombardments on the docks of Constantinople result in the sinking of two Russian warships.

Far East
Shanghai taken, despite heavy losses on the artillery batteries. The fact that these were rushed in at the last moment may have contributed to the dramatic loss of two of our main batteries, but among the chiefs of staff doubts have risen on the strenght of the US artillery forces and their deployement in battle.
With the loss of the last German stronghold, the remaining German Engineers dug in near Nanking surrendered.

Britsh warship sunk by an airship near Foochow.
Japanese transport sunk offcoast of Tsingtao.

Top Bottom