Imperium Romanorum

A realpolitik... Hmm, I kinda like the thought, but with the "evolution" of the IAARs, the old realpolitiks seems kinda simple

Well my Idea was to have a "Galactic Realpolitik" (excuse me if I misused Galactic, it honestly was the first thing to pop into my head.) where every player was a delegate for their country at the Council of Nations. The objective would be to colonize other planets and eventually dominate the Council of Nations and be made Emperor of Man. However, the problem with that is that 1 CiV has no modern earth map, and 2 that I am unsure what exactly the council would vote on. For the first I did find a CivIV map that could be converted, than modified to fit CiV. However it doesn't really matter if the map "works" for CiV because actions on the earth map would be severely limited. For the second I thought that maybe I could create International Issues that needed solving. The Council of Nations would have a Chairman and 3 Councilors. The Chairman's vote counts as 2. One of the councilor positions is appointed by the Chairman, one by the opposing party, and one is elected to the position. Only the Chairman or the Councilors can propose legislation/resolutions. If 3/4 Councilors and/or the Chairman agree, they can veto a resolution or a law. System subject to change.

My second Idea (which I'm coming up with now on the spot) is that we could play the Iroquois on a Giant Earth Map, each player being a delegate from one of the 4 tribes (Mohawk, Onondaga, Oneida, Seneca). New cities cannot be founded. The tribal council would direct research, workers, Social Policies, and even production (though tribes can choose to follow the production plan or not). While Chiefs would direct faith purchases (the tribe earning the most faith gets to decide), unit orders (military not domestic), and have the final word on production in their city. Chiefs cannot be delegates to the council. The council is made up of a Head Chief (acts as president, production, gold purchases and national agenda), a Wise Man (research and social policies), and a Master of the Hunt (directs workers, and in times of war coordinates the units of the different tribes. All positions are elected. The point of this game would be to unite all the tribes of the Iroquois into one, and defeat the other new world tribes. Technology in this game will be limited to the Classical Era.

I was gonna say the same as Magnive, but this sounds more interesting.

The first option sounds most interesting, but the second is interesting too.

Would it be a game that you had already played part of, establishing the four tribal cities?

How about a mechanic where the tribes have a group of tiles, and can buy them off of each other, etc.?

How about the players joining the tribes, and electing their "elder"?

The first option sounds most interesting, but the second is interesting too.

Would it be a game that you had already played part of, establishing the four tribal cities?

How about a mechanic where the tribes have a group of tiles, and can buy them off of each other, etc.?

How about the players joining the tribes, and electing their "elder"?

No, I would start the game and add the four cities at the beginning. To balance it I'll be giving other tribes different advantages.

The tribes all share a treasury, and player money will be very limited if implemented at all. Such a thing as tribe borders could be decided in the Tribal Council.

The tribes will have to balanced, so after the start of the game, players cannot join a tribe with more than 25% of the player population. I'll populate tribes who are short people with NPCs. Electing a Chief (Elder) will just be a simple election in the tribe. Everyone accept the Chief is a delegate and would b eligible for a position in the Tribal council.

Well now yes, but if the game were to start no. That is one of the main principles of Realpolitiks, democracy is always preserved.

agh, democracy, IT BURNS!!!!

Bah.

Of IR? No, I don't want to do another one like that. They are never very successful when I do them. It'd just be in the shadow of GaP. I'd rather do something different.

I would prefer the first one.

Also on realpolitiks... I can't really imagine one without LH :D

But maybe try something like CivOasis did, with very much free space. I think that it was called Walls of Cuzco or something like that

And it never took off.

Because people were not active :/

Hmm, so after some consideration, I've decided upon doing a near(ish) future Realpoltik-like thing in CivIV. I'm thinking that I'm going to use the Next War and Final Frontier Mods in Conjunction. The idea isn't really fully formed yet so no promises. My main problem is finding a Modern/Future Earth Map to use. To avoid getting into trouble about discussing a possible CivIV game I will start a discussion about it in the CivIV forums. I'll link to it here when its up. I hope everyone here will participate.

Top Bottom