IMPORTANT: Support page & New Fix for Radeon Cards

Worked for me...

Dell xps laptop ATI 9800 256.

THANK YOU! :) :) :)

(I almost brought my laptop to work today to hide on a corner of my desk, but decided that was a BAD idea)

There is no excuse for their playtesters to not have found this before it shipped. What's next, a gold bug? And more importantly, what impact does this deleted file have on the game?

JohnyChevyEG said:
I dont know if this helps, but I was having the same problem after I used the fix I ended up uninstalling CIV4 and then reinstalling it, and re-applying the fix. Dont know what happened, but the game works now. I only started the tutorial and did that for about 15 minutes, but this weekend, i should get a little more into it.

lets see...
i installed / reinstalled / uninstalled civ4 about 5 or 6 times
i installed / reinstalled / uninstalled ati drivers - official 5.07, 5.08, 5.09, 5.10, omega drivers, ngo drivers
i updated / deleted the dll file / installed directx 9.0c

what should i do next ? maybe if i take my pc in one hand, the monitor in the other, the keyboard on my head and the mouse on my left foot it would start. :)

don't get me wrong, i am a big fan of civ but no excuse for firaxis !

A problem with Civ4- reset during a game.

I have a strange problem. After a format and installing the game and directx from the game, the computer resets after about 10 minutes. what should I do? I have got... tu piszesz ten sprzet... I am waiting for quick answers. Please Help me !
greetings, Azazell

I turned the graphic options to medium or low and i restarted the game.In the menu everything was ok but in the game the graphic didnt change.
amd athlon 1800+
gforce fx5200
768mbram (400mhz)
PLS who knows whats the problem help me

Still doesn't work. 4-6 hrs of install/reinstall/remove driver, etc...

Mind you, I never had the Renderer error message. The game just dies on "Checking XML". Maybe that's yet ANOTHER ATI-related bug ;-)

Guys, this is lame. 9600+XP is hardly an exotic combo. Didn't encounter it during testing == didn't test well. I am a dvlp myself and this is a worst case scenario. I agree 100% with the poster who says that we need to complain so that companies understand loud and clear that this level of quality is unacceptable. If this was almost any other game, it would be back at the store by now.

Last but not least. 2K's website took its sweet time putting up a CIV4 support link. The least you could do is do it as you ship or IMMEDIATELY after a bugstorm hits the fan. Not wait a day or two.

It's not like they forgot their CIV4 marketing webpages ;-)

Bottom line: 2K Games aren't gonna be on my to-buy list anytime soon.

installed uninstalled everything. Cat 5.1 installs, goes to restart, and then when i restart I get :

Cli.exe error - app error

The app failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). click on OK to terminate app

whats that mean?

Will this work for an ATI fire gl 128? There are no Fire GL drivers on ATI's site. They request you go to your manufacturer. The card in identical to a mobility 9600, but ATI doesn't supply the driver. I don't understand why this was done, but it's annoying. Anyone else with a laptop with a Fire GL card?

Help! Where do I find the 5.10 drivers and how do I know they are right for my computer? I have an IBM Thinkpad T42. The "Systems Requirments Lab" site indicates I meet the minimum requirements for the video card. I have a ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 (ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 AGP (0x4c57) and my video driver is version 6.14.10.6512. The latest driver I found on the IBM site was version 6.14.10.1000 dated Apr 6, 2005.

erpcon said:
Help! Where do I find the 5.10 drivers and how do I know they are right for my computer? I have an IBM Thinkpad T42. The "Systems Requirments Lab" site indicates I meet the minimum requirements for the video card. I have a ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 (ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 AGP (0x4c57) and my video driver is version 6.14.10.6512. The latest driver I found on the IBM site was version 6.14.10.1000 dated Apr 6, 2005.

http://www.ati.com

Look under drivers/software and pick the right one for you.

doesn't matter which disc I put in it won't load ! Please help ! The installation supposedly was successful. Any ideas ?

I think I'm out of luck. The only choices I've found were Catalyst 5.10 Windows XP Driver Download (my laptop can not be updated with this), ATI Multimedia Center 9.08 (whatever this is), and HYDRAVISION - For RADEON and Mobile ATI Products (which I couldn't load either). Looks like I spent $50 for something I can't use!

If you have a laptop with ATI Mobility you cannot install the official ati drivers, you have it's up to the laptop manufacturer (for example IBM) to provide a updated driver.

But the funny thing is that the official ati drivers have support for ati mobility cards but it's only locked in the driver. So I found a tool tool to unlock the driver
at driverheaven:
http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/

ps. I take no responsibility if you screw up your system. ds.

Oct 28, 2005 08:55 PM
erpcon

I know exactly what erpcon means. The thing with (some i guess) laptops is they have the Mobility version of ATI Cards. For example mine runs on ATI Mobility RADEON 9600 (128MB). The problem with users like us is that ATI simply doesn't release updated drivers. They just ask you to turn to the manufacturer instead, in my case Fujitsu-Siemens. On the other hand some manufacturers don't bother to realease updated drivers for certain models. So what happens is we are left behind in development and updates.

As my copy has not arrived yet, i'm not sure i'll have problems, but judging from all the posts on the forum it's quite possible that i will. Mind you that Mobility graphic cards cannot use Catalyst drivers and thus we cannot apply the proposed fix. What's going to happen with us?:confused:

I try to run the tool and get the error in picture

Attachments

• frm00005.jpg
    frm00005.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,229
Top Bottom