IMPORTANT: Support page & New Fix for Radeon Cards

MurdockTheCrazy said:
Loading... loading... loading.... loading................................

Taking a long time to load...
Are you still loading by any chance? ;)

i give up..i cant get it to work and the amount of time i've put in i wish i had some progress. i guess a patch is my only option. i envy you guys that have gotten it to work. this sucks.

Yes! I got it to work. Thanks you guys!

I have a ATI Radeon X800 XL

im just wondering, did any of you guys try the Omega ATI drivers? it worked for both me and my friend. its the ati drivers but better and for all models of ati cards (eveon mobile cards) and will probly fix all your future problems you may have with your card.

Tks for the info. :)

You know, after I followed these instructions the icon for Civ4 changed from the generic looking window-type thing to the proper graphic. Anyway, it helped me out but I still have the blackness.

MRM said:
No - not playing yet :(

I have no error massage any more. The Game simply don't start ( no hanging, just dissapearing as if it was closed )

Same here can anyone help me? It did extract, and i moved the file out of the assets folder.....where do I move it to? :cry: It is now just in my Civ folder, is that right!?!?!?

I had no such luck. I've got a MOBILITY Radeon 7500C on my Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. I think my problem is the driver for my Radeon 7500 is different than the one offered on the ati website (because it's in a laptop).

With my current driver I don't even see the main menu of the screen. I downloaded the Omega driver from http://www.omegadrivers.net/ and I can start a game, but then I can't see any of the ground or oceans. I also can't see leader's faces. Someone help me, please!!!!

You guys want to be careful with omegadrivers, they totally destroyed my boot.ini and I had to chkdsk at a command prompt to get my computer to even boot again. Using a radeon 8500 with marginal success, it works sometimes, sometimes it crashes the comp.

Still not working. Having the problem that's been mentioned a couple times above, where the game loads and then just appears to close. System specs:

Radeon 9550
766 MB (ish) ram
2.4 G processor
5.10 drivers

Anybody? I'm down to try anything at this point...MRM, how did you get this to work?

How do I gethe 5.10 drivers??? I can't roll back as I don;t know where the CD is :cry:

I have 8.18.0.0 and this doesn't work!!! :-( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

not working. Having the problem that's been mentioned a couple times above, where the game loads and then just appears to close. System specs:

Radeon 9550 256 MB
512 MB RAM
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
ATi 5.10 drivers

thanks.

Thunderfall said:
Radeon 7500 is as old as GeForce2, so you most likely would need to buy a new graphics card to make the game look good.

As my Radeon 7500 is a 64MB card, which supports T&L and is mentioned as a supported card, I find that absolutely ridiculous to say the least.

Tried the here mentioned fix, but also still get the black terrain, faces, etc prob.

Okay, so whats this thing supposed to fix? Does it speed up the game graphics or something, by making it easier for the game to access them?

I tried as all was said... but it doesnt work. I went, found the file, unpacked it into the assets folder. Didnt work. Did it again, unpacked it into the art folder, didnt work. Both times I had the paked file completely out of the civ 4 directory. It usually just started initializing, then never went into the game. I changed the directory name from Civilization 4, to Civ4, and it got past the initialization screen, but when I loaded my game, it stayed at a black screen forever, and I couldnt alt tab out...

What do I do?

Worked for me too.......!!! Wish I knew why this is an ATI specific problem....

ATI X800 PCI

THANKS!!

Okay now i really give up. I've tried the fix in this thread, swapped graphic cards, followed the 'fix' on the 2k support site http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/support.htm and i cant get the game to work.

Yesterday I sent an email to tech support with my dxdiag and msinfo and given the severity of this problem i'm not surprised that i havent heard back yet. I really dont want to return this game but for my sanity and so i dont break my damn computer i think i will until i know there is a fix that works for my card.

Worked on a ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 - i still get the chesire cat effect from leaders, and the ocean looks a little off, but i can see the terain map, and that's all i need.

Thanks!

Top Bottom