Improved Graphics for CIV

The way you install this MOD affects the entire game, so it is possible to merge it with anything you want.

Okay, I installed it as a custom asset last night but it only affects vanilla BTS, is there a guide for merging it with a mod? Thanks.

Okay, I installed it as a custom asset last night but it only affects vanilla BTS, is there a guide for merging it with a mod? Thanks.

Well, putting them in a similar folder structure in your mod should do.
At least, my version of the Cultural Citystyles mod shows it.

Oh, I'm not a mod creator, I just wanted to know how to merge it with something like Thomas's War or similar large mods so I can get the benefit of the better textures.

I tried copying it into Quot Capita but the game crashes when I load a previous saved game. I thought it would be okay because it has Varietas Delectat in it. Any ideas? Thank you.

Yeah, I also noticed a problem with Legends of Revolutions, at least in Hotseat. It works fine in single player but when I start a hotseat game and put a city down, all these circles with the number '138' appear near my city and I get 'founded religion' dialog boxes.

I really don't know what you people are talking about. I installed it exactly the way it says in the instruction and it affects everything in my game- Vanilla, Warlords, BTS, mods, everything.

I really don't know what you people are talking about. I installed it exactly the way it says in the instruction and it affects everything in my game- Vanilla, Warlords, BTS, mods, everything.
...unless a mod turns off the custom assets. Then you need to put the relevant files into the mod folder - and then you need to check for conflicts.

Cheers, LT.

Yeah, I also noticed a problem with Legends of Revolutions, at least in Hotseat. It works fine in single player but when I start a hotseat game and put a city down, all these circles with the number '138' appear near my city and I get 'founded religion' dialog boxes.

Like Lord Tirian just said, the custom assets needs to be turned on to work with a mod. Which could be your problem with LoR since custom assets is off by default, not sure though because what youve described sounds screwy as all hell. If you can wait till the next version of LoR (not the version that will come out today but in 1-2 weeks), I will have merged in all the IG graphics with the Blue Marble add-on.

I can surely wait, but which version comes out today? Thanks.

Um, honestly not quite sure. 0.96a was to see if anyone could find bugs since all art was rebuilt from ground up to reorganize and weed out stuff and eliminate bad artdefines, so probably this will be 0.96b or 0.97. And it might be tommorow depending on how fast phungus finishes.

To be honest, I would have merged in Improved Graphics2.0 long ago. BM is so much more well known, that I never mentioned IG. Though after seeing the stuff in game I can no longer hold out, and have to merge this stuff in. Hopefully oneday this modcomp will be "undead", or someone else will pick up the cause.

To be honest, I would have merged in Improved Graphics2.0 long ago. BM is so much more well known, that I never mentioned IG. Though after seeing the stuff in game I can no longer hold out, and have to merge this stuff in. Hopefully oneday this modcomp will be "undead", or someone else will pick up the cause.
Well... you could always do that, no? :p

Yeah, hoping the same here, because it's a really nice modcomp. There's also something pretty interesting out there - Walter Hawkwood's TR mod seems to have some updated terrain graphics, also partially based on this (I remember some screenshots he made) - and they looked pretty cool as well. So anybody who wants to revive this may want to get in touch with him, he might help or share his stuff...

Also, the world map thread in the main forum by kevinman seems to have a rather nice water texture (also unreleased, so far), because the water is a bit of a weak spot in IG, IMHO (it just looks too much like recoloured noise/cloud effects).

Cheers, LT.

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've haven't been around for a while. My computer was crashing a bit at the time I disappeared and then after I fixed it I could never find the time for modding. I'm pretty sure most of the work I've done is out there somewhere, but if anyone knows something that I haven't released I can look on my harddrive and upload it.

Also, try to keep the technical questions to a minimum - I've forgotten most of the unit making tricks I learnt. :( I'll try and update this mod a bit.

Top Bottom