Improved Graphics for CIV

Any news on the next version, Chuggi? :)

Cheers, LT.

Hmm... I just downloaded your mod, and extracted everything to the CusomAssets folder.... I see the new trees and new resource graphics, but the base terrain (grassland, desert, plains) is all the same default CivIV version...

I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled blue marble, cleared the cache, copied all files into the directory with overwrite but still no difference. I'm hoping that maybe someone will create an INSTALLER for this please and some in-game notification to verify it's running.:)

I found another leaderhead bug: If you refuse Washington anything, his figure freezes but his face does not. It's actually pretty funny... he makes a lot of weird faces and rolls his eyes, but I'm assuming you didn't mean to make him frozen when when he does that.

Nice work, but it seams a littlen bit too dark ?

And it always miss a texture like "savanna" or dry plain, between Plain & Desert.
That will be really more realistic !

Snow-> Tundra-> Grassland-> Plain-> Savanna-> Desert.

white - brown - deep green - light green - light brown - sand yellow.

Savanna trees or bush will be extra (!).

With python adding savanna to the right place between Plaine and Desert.

No more plains an then Desert.

North east China, central Asia, Middle east, Africa and Central america need savanna plains & deserts to be really realistic.

The Savanna Terrain, features, resources .XML could be balanced too.

For My Civ 4 I'v add a terrain feature in the XML Art => Civ4Artdefines_Terrain.XML,

terrain grass= GrassBlend.dds

terrain plain= PlainsBlend.dds

* terrain savanna= Light/PlainsBlend.dds *

terrain desert= DesertBlend.dds

That very simple modification add very realistic graphics to a heart map.

(need to add change XML, folder terrain, terrain.XML and add savanna)

I'm looking for ,a very long time, when a "goodguy" will add some new relief graphics, like plato, small hills, depression (land below sea level), sandy coast, rocky coast etc...

Don't you think it could be the next stepp ?
:drool:

that new relief graphics could add strategic effects :

rocky coast-> impassable To amphibious Units,

land below sea level-> defense bonus -10, etc.

i like the water but the terrain is very muted and boring and hard to look at, makes everything look like its under a big rain cloud,

It can easily be merged with mods like Varietas Delectat if you like, or you can place it in your custom assets making it available for all of your games.

Have IG and VD both installed and working loaded as mods. How does one merge them?

Darn shame Chuggi's gone. I take it the latest updates he posted simply aren't available? I'd love to mess with some map scripts and his graphics to produce maps with dusty desert/savannah, white sands, etc.

By looking at this I can't help but thinking: "ET phone hooooome!"

Very cool work though :)

Awesome, Chuggi, unfortunately it is not for my low graphic card :(
Try downloading this Button Creator. I know I intended it for buttons but you can use dxtbmp to convert the dds textures to bmp, then use the image resizer to shrink them, finally
you convert then back to dds. You will then have some lowres graphics that should play on your computer. Hopefully nothing turns out to be a different filetype than I expect. There might be some stuff you can't edit with this.

Top Bottom