Improved Graphics for CIV

The units look great. I took a look at them and a few seem a bit out of place to me (for instance in the med_Germanic folder there is only a great artist file, is this intentional or a mistake?) so perhaps the XML would help me figure it out. Great work though man, and if you start making units I can't wait to see what you come up with. :goodjob:

I think I was going to use a retextured great artist to replace one of the male settlers for medieval european civs, never got around to finishing it though.

Attachments

• XML.7z
    72 KB · Views: 207
Settlers are here, The Capo. I think most of these were in CDM but I could be wrong, let me know if you need the xml.

That reminds me Walter Hawkwood, how's Total Realism going? It's still my most anticipated mod.

I am afraid it has lost most of its impetus, not in the least because last months I was hit by a combo of RL issues and HDD failures (just had one yesterday; most of the stuff was backed up, but I still have to rebuild). I hope to release something by Christmas, but don't take my word for it.

Wow, great to have you back. I almost never post but have lurked regularly for years. Yours was some of the highest quality work around, friend.

So great mod, but I can't get the actual new leader heads to show up.
I get the thumbnails and everything else in the mod, but the old leader heads remain over the new ones.

All the files are there and everything. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I'm new to installing these mods. What do I do with the file once I have downloaded it. PKZIP gives an error when trying to unzip it and I'm not sure if it is a zip file or not, because there is no extension. The file name is 'Improved Graphics for CIV v2.0.7z'. Any help would be appreciated.

You should probably use 7zip to open and extract this download. You can get it free of charge from www.7-zip.org

From there, you can extract or drag the 'Custom Assets' folder inside the download (should be the directory after the root 'Improved Graphics' dir) to your My Documents / My Games / Beyond the Sword folder, depending on your operating system. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom