In Development Random Events

Gilgamesch

Ancient Alien
Hey, like fires posted in another thread we need so get some cool ideas for a random based event generator (or what ever called:D).

Things that where added in the original Mod...
*Free Settler
*Free Worker
*New source of a resource will appair
*An U.F.O is landed and a Giant Death Robot is working arround:lol:
*A great person improvment was getting some bonus
*A normal tile was getting a bonus
*A tornada has destroyed one improvment
*A river has washed out all river related buildings in a city
*Polulation boom, a city grow instantly
*Nuclear Fallout, a city with a nuclear plant get some fall out tiles

Ok thats all i remember at the moment.
If you have any ideas please fell free to post it here.;)

Lose gold, inflation, robbery, bad tax year ect
Gain gold, gift, lottery, good tax year ect
Random unit gains experience

The UFO should not be there, from months of research into the results of extraterrestrial contact I see no reason why an extraterrestrial species would be interested in contacting our pathetic species in person. You could, however, make another form of extraterrestrial contact a part of my proposed Contact Victory.

When an event triggers should a full popup window appear, or just a little notification icon down the right?

When an event triggers should a full popup window appear, or just a little notification icon down the right?

I would like both. First a little notification, and when you click at it you get a popup with more detailed informations.

Depending on the magnitude of the event. If there was a drought, or a flood, some other natural or artificial disaster, or a mass exodus to or from one of your cities, or if you were contacted by extraterrestrials (not by manned spacecraft, that would be too much for our sad species) then a large screen could show up. I don't think that "Merchants from faraway lands have added 267 :c5gold: to your treasury" deserves a popup.

Another good one would be a new religion was born. In fact a civilization without a own religion but with a great faith output.
Also a good event would be a great person is born, but this need some rework to be not so op.

How about a pandemic starting?

It damages population and can spread through pressure like religion i.e. surrounded by 4 cities with plague? then highly likely to get plague. Harbours/ aiports etc greatly increase the chances of getting plague and allow you to catch it from cities further away.

Plague is resisted and fought off by health (excess food) and buildings like sewerage works, shamans hut and hospitals

Plague could be triggered by proximity of cities to jungle tiles and or mining on tundra

You could have worldwide events too

Flooding - all river tiles produce zero everything for 2 turns

Drought - all dessert tiles produce zero everything and non river tiles have food halved for 2 turns

How about a pandemic starting?

It damages population and can spread through pressure like religion i.e. surrounded by 4 cities with plague? then highly likely to get plague. Harbours/ aiports etc greatly increase the chances of getting plague and allow you to catch it from cities further away.

Plague is resisted and fought off by health (excess food) and buildings like sewerage works, shamans hut and hospitals

Plague could be triggered by proximity of cities to jungle tiles and or mining on tundra

Health should be a separate yield, not just a byproduct of food. I hated how Health was removed in CiV.

No events at all, i think this need discussion and of course a comeback.

No events at all, i think this need discussion and of course a comeback.

Well i do start a necro :satan: also known as bumb:yup:

We are currently thinking, to create the event system finally, like in the post years ago discribed.

So all we need are some feedback and ideas from the community.

Please feel free to response on this thread if you have any idea for a good event.;)

diplomatic/political disagreement
(a tile which 2 cities claim, you get the option to take it but at a heavy diplomatic penalty, or let it go and get diplomatic love)

public opinion on luxeries change (happyness)
(whales get +1/2 instead of +3) unethical
(gold gets +5 instead of +3) valentines day sparks a golden age of jewelry

mineable resource gets depleted (bye iron/gold/silver/copper/salt)
new vein of minable resource found (hello iron/gold/silver/copper/salt)

industry causes pollution, scales with buildings/resources
dyes, 1 tile
workshop, 1 tile
factory, 2 tiles
nuclear plant, 5 tiles
(so a city with nuclear plant and dyes gets 9 tiles of fallout/pollution)

nationalism causes a rush in recruitment
+50% production of military units

call to arms (at war only)
10% of the citizens of a city take up arms
(and become current tier-1 melee soldiers)
50 man city -> 45 man city + 5 longswordsman (regular is musketman)

How about terrorism in the modern era, maybe a bombing that moves back production in a city, or spawns a barbarian unit somewhere in your territory?

I have several ideas.
1. First, I think you should take a look at the Events and Decisions mod that I mentioned from Sukitract.

In most part, there should be events that force you to make hard decisions.

For example, maybe there was a sudden surplus production of a luxury resource, and you are given the choice of selling that surplus to a city state which gets you money and increases your influence with that city state, or giving it as a offering to your religion which gives you a boost of religious followers.

Another example: An religious organization request the declaration of a religious holiday. Yes would mean that you get more people following the religion, a boost to happiness, and the start of a golden age. However, it costs a considerable amount of gold, and maintenance costs rise during the golden age. No would mean that you lose followers from that religion, and you get hit with a unhappiness penalty,

2. Droughts: For some reason, all of a sudden there is a drought which removes all food resources from an area of land, and the effecting cities suffer starvation unless their is enough food coming from other parts of the empire. You might want provide players ways of mitigating the drought, like:
Choosing to buy and import lots of food from city states or other nations.
Asking the world congress for international aid.
etc.

3. Events that effect city states, and new quests that include helping them resolve the crisis.

call to arms (at war only)
10% of the citizens of a city take up arms
(and become current tier-1 melee soldiers)
50 man city -> 45 man city + 5 longswordsman (regular is musketman)

This idea is already implemented by the mod linked below. Maybe it can be incorporated or something.
Militia Defense by Framed Architect. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=495011

Top Bottom