1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Increased Tile Yields Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Huck Finn, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

So, just a quick question then-does this mean that we can't make XML only Mods? I mean, I understand the need to create a separate folder for my mods-from my Civ4 modding days-& I do understand that creating new tags will have to wait til SDK & Lua stuff is released, but surely XML files have been provided out of the box?
    Sorry to sound thick-I'm just curious!

Aussie.

2. Soduka

Soduka Warlord

There we go, now it's good.

Attached Files:

3. ~Bamboo~

~Bamboo~ Chieftain

This is funny. I am having such a hard time getting into Civ5. I swear I want to fall asleep every time I play it. It didn't dawn on me how messed up production is in this game. I can research 2 techs in the time it takes to build an archer in this game. No wonder it's snorefest for me. I have other issues with the game however, I believe this is a big one. This game needs tweaks really bad.

Please save us modder guys!!!:cry:

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Not at all! The SDK means ModBuddy, and other tools. Currently non-testers are not able to package their mods and submit them to the database, is all. Those tools will be available soon.

Also, working on something. :goodjob:

5. Valkrionn

Okay, this should work. Not tested in anyway.

Winmerged your v2 files with the core games, to pick out differences; Deleted everything else (unnecessary to list items that are not changed, when built as a mod).

Simply drop this file into My Games/Civ5/MODS, and it will unpack into the appropriate folder next time you launch the game.

I even labeled it v2 to match your version number. :p

Attached Files:

6. ~Bamboo~

~Bamboo~ Chieftain

Trying now:goodjob:

7. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Warlord

Soduka, thanks a lot for loading those, I'm going to include them in the front page download in case someone needs them as a backup! :goodjob:

Also, major thanks to Valkrionn for the mod help. I assume this is to make it a checkbox on/off situation inside the game itself?

8. Valkrionn

Exactly so. ;)

9. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Warlord

Also, I'd like to hear from people if Version 2 is a bit too over-the-top in terms of food yields and growth?

From my playtesting, it seems to work out pretty good, but other people may find V2 a bit too quick for their taste. It seems to work best on Marathon...

Need to play a few more games to see how all these changes affects tech rates. More food= more people = more science, so I guess getting the ratio correct will be tricky.

10. ~Bamboo~

~Bamboo~ Chieftain

Working fine so far. Playing huge map on Marathon.

Will update later.

Edit: NM that was a mistake. The save game I loaded to compare tiles was in a golden age :/. Still testing.

11. KingKeeper

KingKeeper Chieftain

Dont work for me. Unziped the File to the Mod Folder, started the Game, found it in the Mods, unpacked it ingame and activated it. The Game is recognized as mod (unable to load a normal save, but able to load one that i startet trough the modbrowser) but no changes in yields. Checked the Mod folder, there is now a folder with the Name of the Mod and the 4 XMLs and the modinfo File.

12. wapamingo

wapamingo Prince

I have to agree.

You guys/gals who are talented and/or driven to create wonderful mods have saved Civ4 and will do the same for Civ5 (and by saved I refer to making them so much more fun and enduring).

13. Valkrionn

Hmm. Should be working, I'll have to check out why it's not.

14. KingKeeper

KingKeeper Chieftain

Next thing i tried: I downloaded the other version of the mod (the one with the Big Files) and overwrote the 4 XMLs of yours Valkrionn. Ingame still no yieldchanges so i dont think the problem is at the mods end, but at my side be it the game itself or my system.

15. ~Bamboo~

~Bamboo~ Chieftain

@Valkrionn
    I changed back to original files and tried your installer. It didn't work for me either boss.

When I install the files as per Huck's instructions it works fine however, there is no mod listed of course :)

16. Valkrionn

Alright, found the issue (had to tell the databases to update, basically, but you aren't told you have to do that and it's done in an unobvious way. :mad:), and this version is tested and verified to work.

I did increment the version number to avoid confusion for those who'd already tried the package, but I think moving to a true mod format is enough to warrant a version change. :crazyeye:

Huck Finn, if you decide to adopt this file, and make more changes in the future, just pm them to me and I'll get you an updated version. Now that the project is working correctly, updating is a matter of seconds. ;) Once the tools are out I'll pm you the full project, as well as instructions on how to use it; It's quite easy, I just didn't know I had to update the database (and would not if I hadn't checked the .modinfo files for Kael's mods).

Attached Files:

17. KingKeeper

KingKeeper Chieftain

Works now thx @Huck Finn and Valkrionn, the Game feels a lot better now finally i can build some Units before a outtech them again...

18. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

Do me a favor KingKeeper, and see if you can pick up the savegame that includes that mod?

Mine doesn't seem to be working, gives me a runtime error.

19. killercat

killercat Chieftain

So put this file into the MODS file, and it won't load or recognize it even exist nor any other mods I might install from the mod selection, is there some type of voodoo magic I need to perform to get it to work?

20. Valkrionn

That file just needs to go in My Documents/Civ5/Mods. It should be unpacked automatically when you start the game.

IIRC, there are currently issues with paths containing non-standard characters, and with non-default steam paths... Dunno if some of those issues are fixed yet or not.