1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Increased Tile Yields Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Huck Finn, Sep 22, 2010.

1. killercat

killercat Chieftain

have tried putting the file in there every which way, redownloaded etc, nothing worked, even mods downed from the mod installer inside the game won't show up any new mods.

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Ah, if the mod installer is failing for you than you likely suffer from one of the issues it has atm, and will have those issues fixed in an upcoming patch. For now, you can still use his original files.

3. KingKeeper

KingKeeper Chieftain

I can save/load normal without crashes, i attached one of my saves, i could load it from the modlauncher and from ingame without probs.

At first the mod wasnt visible under "Installed", but there was a new button besides "back" (cant remeber what it was ^^). After i hit this button it worked for a sec and the mod appeared under "Installed".

Attached Files:

4. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

Turns out it wasn't this mod, nor one of my mods, that broke saves.

The mod that removes the GDR is what was preventing saves from working.

5. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Warlord

Thanks again for the help! I need to play some more games this weekend, and then I will definitely tweak it again and send it your way.

6. Lord Shadow

Lord Shadow General

Question: why did you go for tile yield changes as opposed to production costs modification?

The latter seems easier on the modder as you can, say, combine Standard costs with Epic/Marathon pace with presumably the same result and less balancing work.

Welcome to the club! That's the true Spartan way! :rockon:

7. dave`

dave` Chieftain

Okay, so I've been lurking and I decided to give my Civ Fanatics virginity upjust for this thread. I downloaded V3 and it made the game so much better. Before I was falling asleep with Civ5, and now it's just perfect. The great thing of this mod is, it doesn't just benefit the player, the AI utilizes the tiles just as well. A lot of people have been complaining that the gameplay is too slow for them. This is just the fix needed. Honestly this is the way Civ5 should be played. Great job with the mod. AND MANY THANKS!:goodjob:

edit : okay so I tried to load my saved game and my game crash, anyone else got this error?

8. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

What mods are you running? I know the clock mod can do this.

9. Valkrionn

On the clock mod issue: It's apparently because that mod is set as compatible with existing save games. Causes issues when it's ran with mods that DO affect save games... IE, all of them.

Will be fixed soon, I think.

10. James009

James009 Warlord

I'm getting problems trying to save my game (I have to use Steam Save), hasn't crashed yet though. I'm guessing this has something to do with mods in general, not this one specifically.

11. Necro-

Necro- Chieftain

i like where this is going, but i was wondering, when looking at the other production mod, were u considering doing the same thing with strategic resources like iron making them give a boost to production? personally i find this to be a great idea in making strategic resources more sought after even in times of peace.

12. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Warlord

I went for tile yields because for one thing, its easier to change those tile stats right now, and second, I felt like all the tiles and resources were very boring, with little difference between them, and the so called "special" resources were very weak. In vanilla Civ5, it seems like any place is just as good as any other to place a city, and I'd like to change that, and make city placement as important as it was in Civ 4.

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it more.

I've thought about it. It's just that hills and stuff already got such a production boost I don't want to go overboard, and I was thinking stuff like Iron already has the powerful side effect of allowing you to create certain units. I'll try changing them and see if its not too much. Kinda worried that that buffing it even more would make the Russians unstoppable with their special ability.

I'm also going to buff ocean/coastal tiles because with no trade routes on the ocean, oceanside cities are far weaker than inland ones. I'm thinking of give those tiles a cash bonus to reflect the idea that they would make money off trade, even if the game doesn't directly represent that.

13. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Warlord

Also, how would people feel about me increasing tech research costs by 25%, and also increasing Wonder Build costs by 25% as well?

14. Necro-

Necro- Chieftain

yea, i like your mod but i tend to go with the other one as it buffs the resources over everything

15. DrwHem

DrwHem Prince

I think the tech pace is pretty good for me. i always play on marathon and it seems to keep pace with the game year. its actually a little slower.
    however could you do anything with policies? they take too long to implement and by the time you get to them you dont really need them as much. like seeing barbarian camps...by the time i got to it(my 2nd policy) barbarians were wiped out.

16. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

After placing the v3 mod file in my documents/civ5/mods folder, I get a 'No Mods Installed' message in the game mod menu.

17. Valkrionn

You may have to hit an 'Install Mods' button on that screen.

18. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

I saw that button and clicked it. There was a split-second of something loading but it still says 'No Mods Installed'.

19. dave`

dave` Chieftain

I got my saves to work thanks for the tip with the mods i'm running!

I've got to say though, the yields are a little overboard with the hills. Is there anyway you can make a mod like you did for v2 ( v3 ) for v1? I want to try v1 without having to replace anything.

20. Valkrionn

Hmm... Is your steam installed in a non-default path? Or do you have non-standard (ie, Cyrillic, for example) characters in the default path to your my documents folder?

IIRC, there are currently issues with both situations. I believe you can simply extract the .civ5mod file with winrar or 7zip.