IndieStone NEXUS Fixes/Workarounds

I tried your program and found it pretty cool. Maybe one minor thing: my first attempt to import an .fbx failed, because I used letters like 'é' for the filename. After I successfully imported a file, I recognized pretty much why this could have happened. The filename is used to generate the xml code. Sooner or later, these letters would have led to problems anyways. So replacing those letters with latin counterparts might be difficult, but maybe you could check the filename for invalid characters (I know that in Java this would be pretty simple) and inform the user about it. At the moment the program simply freezes. Well, not an important thing. But the other reason for posting here, might be.

For the Civ5 Hungary mod, I'd like to convert a couple of things. I thought about concentraing on buildings because they don't need any animation (and I don't want to deal with those, at least not yet). Seems like setting up building art is not yet possible. Could you elaborate on this or at least give me a useful link please?

hey lemmy ive tried several times to download this program. it finished downloading but when i try to open it it stops running immediately. is there a way i can fix this?

You need to put the downloaded exe to where the Nexus.exe is. Look for where steam is installed, there, search the SteamApps folder. Browse it to find the modding SDKs directory. It should contain a folder called Nexus. Browse it till you find the Nexus.exe. Place the downloaded exe there and start it. I didn't klnow that either when giving this program a first go and suffered same problems as you did.

2. Nexus '5k empty animation bug' fix patch. Allows for animations to be exported in Nexus properly.

I've been struggling about what to do with the animation fix I have here in this DLL, especially now it is the only thing getting in the way of full unit modding. Distributing it was out the question, but I think I've found a nice compromise:

http://www.theindiestone.com/lemmyandbinky.com/civ2/Civ5NexusAnimBugFix.zip

Here is a patch that does not contain any Firaxis owned materials, that will simply tweak the DLL file on your end. Back up your Civ5NexusModes.dll in steam/common/civ 5 sdk/nexus/x86/plugins if you wish (though it's easy to re get it off steam should anything go amiss)

Please note this is not in any way affiliated with Firaxis or 2K Games, use entirely at your own risk!

This completely solves the 5k empty animation bug, and with this fix we have managed to get perfectly functioning animations exported through nexus. Enjoy!

With this, and the material transfering program, you are able to add completely new units in mods now.

(Note, when the official tools update, it should just overwrite this automatically with their own fixed version. If for some reason this doesn't happen, you can just delete the plugin directory and in the SDK options on Steam 'Verify Integrity of Local Cache' and it will redownload the latest version. This can be used to revert this change, too)

Is there any way you could put both, the material editor and the bug fix in the downloads section? Links don't work.

Interesting tools here... however, the links seem to be broken by now... So, could anyone upload them again?

Top Bottom