1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

IndieStone NEXUS Fixes/Workarounds

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Utility Programs' started by lemmy101, Oct 19, 2010.

1. cool3a2

cool3a2 Chieftain

I tried your program and found it pretty cool. Maybe one minor thing: my first attempt to import an .fbx failed, because I used letters like 'é' for the filename. After I successfully imported a file, I recognized pretty much why this could have happened. The filename is used to generate the xml code. Sooner or later, these letters would have led to problems anyways. So replacing those letters with latin counterparts might be difficult, but maybe you could check the filename for invalid characters (I know that in Java this would be pretty simple) and inform the user about it. At the moment the program simply freezes. Well, not an important thing. But the other reason for posting here, might be.

For the Civ5 Hungary mod, I'd like to convert a couple of things. I thought about concentraing on buildings because they don't need any animation (and I don't want to deal with those, at least not yet). Seems like setting up building art is not yet possible. Could you elaborate on this or at least give me a useful link please?

2. malcolm01234

malcolm01234 Just A Grain Of Sand

hey lemmy ive tried several times to download this program. it finished downloading but when i try to open it it stops running immediately. is there a way i can fix this?

3. cool3a2

cool3a2 Chieftain

You need to put the downloaded exe to where the Nexus.exe is. Look for where steam is installed, there, search the SteamApps folder. Browse it to find the modding SDKs directory. It should contain a folder called Nexus. Browse it till you find the Nexus.exe. Place the downloaded exe there and start it. I didn't klnow that either when giving this program a first go and suffered same problems as you did.

4. malcolm01234

malcolm01234 Just A Grain Of Sand

any good programs for making .fbx files?

5. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Biped Mixer (might be working with Blender, haven't checked really) as hinted about here.
    There's also the second post in this thread which might be of interest to you.

6. Triver

Triver Chieftain

Lemmy. When will you make your programm?

7. Deep_Blue

Deep_Blue Knight

I have small problem with Nexus, when I open fxsxml file for any object in Asset View the 3D view window is empty. What to do?

8. Triver

Triver Chieftain

Do you have any progress,Lemmy?

9. Bangra 7

Bangra 7 The Port Of Call

Is there any way you could put both, the material editor and the bug fix in the downloads section? Links don't work.

10. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Interesting tools here... however, the links seem to be broken by now... So, could anyone upload them again?

11. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

12. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

13. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

FYI

I found my build of this and its now in the Civ5 utilities section. It looks like it does what it says. unfortunately it doesn't handle Leader shaders which is what I need. Do we hav any coders out there that can use Reflector and fix this?