IndieStone - Visual Tech Tree Editor

jawdrop.jpg

...you guys are ****in superstars.

Thank you :)

I'd edit those stars out if I were you though... nudge nudge. ;)

I typed those stars as stars. ;)

edit: playin with this thing right now

I had an error when trying to load this up today.

The 'GameData' start tag on line 3 position 2 does not match the end tag of 'Civilization_UnitClassOverrides'. Line 624, position 4.

Either you've edited one of the core XML files, or the patch has an incorrectly formatted XML file. If the former you should re-get the XML off Steam by deleting them and 'verify integrity of game cache' in steam options, if the latter, then you'd need to repair the error in the Civilization xml file that's at fault.

See if anyone else has the same issue, as an earlier patch had a broken xml file too. So perhaps one of the DLC civs has broken tags? If not then it musta been something you changed?

Either you've edited one of the core XML files, or the patch has an incorrectly formatted XML file. If the former you should re-get the XML off Steam by deleting them and 'verify integrity of game cache' in steam options, if the latter, then you'd need to repair the error in the Civilization xml file that's at fault.

See if anyone else has the same issue, as an earlier patch had a broken xml file too. So perhaps one of the DLC civs has broken tags? If not then it musta been something you changed?

I don't mess with the core files. I validated the game data and had to reacquire 1 file. I have to keep reacquiring 1 file every time I validate.... :mad: Still had the same problem with this app when I did that 3 times. I'll try redownloading the app and a couple other things and will post the results in an edit.

edit: I removed the entire XML folder and reacquired it. I verified everything on the game and the SDK even. I redownloaded the app, and even tried the older version. The older version appeared to work whn I placed it in the Civ5 folder, though it was missing all of the functionality I enjoyed from the latest version.

I still get the same error. :(

Well if that's the case then its an error in one of the Civ files, since the Civ 5 XML loader seems to be more forgiving than the .NET one, manual edits by Firaxis may have errors in that don't matter to the game. Look in the DLC civilizations xml files you have for line 624 and see if there's a missing / extra Civilization_UnitClassOverrides end tag. (I assume from the error it means there's an extra one)

If not, look at the base game civilization xml files.

Will try and look into it myself, but a bit swamped at the mo :\

Well if that's the case then its an error in one of the Civ files, since the Civ 5 XML loader seems to be more forgiving than the .NET one, manual edits by Firaxis may have errors in that don't matter to the game. Look in the DLC civilizations xml files you have for line 624 and see if there's a missing / extra Civilization_UnitClassOverrides end tag. (I assume from the error it means there's an extra one)

If not, look at the base game civilization xml files.

Will try and look into it myself, but a bit swamped at the mo :\

It's apparently an error in my Inca DLC.

edit: FOUND IT!!!! I cuoldn't find the extra closing tag in the first version because it wouldn't let me scroll any further, but I found it in notepad. Here is the extra line! (pic3)

edit2: And your app works again! :D :D :D

Attachments

• version 1.jpg
    version 1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 168
  • version 2.jpg
    version 2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 108
  • version 3.jpg
    version 3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 113
getting an error whenever i try to export :S

see the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at IndieStoneCiv5XMLTools.GameDataConflictFinder.GetConflictsVigerous(GameDataDiffInfo diff, Civ5XmlDatabase db)
at IndieStoneTools.Forms.Export.SaveISMod()
at IndieStoneTools.Forms.Export.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
IndieStoneTechEditor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Fabian/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.904/IndieStoneTechEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
IndieStoneTools
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Fabian/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.904/IndieStoneTools.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DevIL.NET2
Assembly Version: 1.1.2619.31671
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Fabian/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.904/DevIL.NET2.DLL
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.4927
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4927
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5/msvcm80.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Does it work? Im having an error when I open it and I cant seem to upload my XML.

This looks cool!

two questions.

1) I read that people were able to add eras, and I can make eras shorter, but I wasn't able to extend eras or make the total sheets larger. What am I missing.

2) How do you add things (or move things) like the +1 bonus for farms etc. That is the research bonuses that are not linked to icons.

I've managed to get the program up and running but I keep having an issue when i try and export. The error it spits out is this:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)
at IndieStoneTools.Forms.Export.SaveISMod()
at IndieStoneTools.Forms.Export.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I also ran into an error whenever i tried to edit units and buildings. What's also odd about this error is it only pops up on some, not all, of the units and buildings.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at IndieStoneTools.Forms.RowEditor.CreateTextBox(Panel panel, PropDef def, Civ5XmlGameDataProperty prop)
at IndieStoneTools.Forms.RowEditor.CreateField(PropDef def, Civ5XmlGameDataProperty prop)
at IndieStoneTools.Forms.RowEditor.RecreateFrom(Civ5XmlGameDataRow prev, Civ5XmlGameDataRow row)
at IndieStoneTools.Forms.RowEditor..ctor(Civ5XmlGameDataRow row)
at IndieStoneTechEditor.TechTree.editRowToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

I'm at a loss of what to try now.

Hi there, i think the link for downloading the editor is not working. Do you mind create a new one? Thanks in advance!

They said that they left modding community because of their project (stand alone indie game)

Top Bottom