British Infantry 1960s to present

Download Here

folder names are including animation infos at the end.

FN-FAL (L1A1/L2A1) is made by PPQ_Purple

SA80: unknown creator - from
Walter Hawkwood's Realism Invictus mod

UK_inf60_2a_20210404_23-51-52.jpg

232448.jpg 232410.jpg 232508.jpg

and..
WW2 French units:
Machinegun: <KFM>Art/Units/MachineGun/MachineGunner.kfm</KFM>
LMG Gunner: <KFM>Art/Units/NextWar_Cyborg/NextWar_Cyborg.kfm</KFM>
SMG Gunner: <KFM>Art/Units/Marine/Marines.kfm</KFM>
Rifleman: <KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>

Always thanks for Walter Hawkwood's tutoring how to animate the units.

Download

French WW1, WW2 infantries and mountaintroops are modified from Realism Invictus mod's WW2 French light infantry below.
marine_20211003_13-23-33.jpg

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I uploaded the file in wrong category and found that there's no 'delete' button..
does anyone know how to move or remove a download post?

:hammer2::hammer2::hammer2::hammer2::hammer2:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I uploaded the file in wrong category and found that there's no 'delete' button..
does anyone know how to move or remove a download post?

:hammer2::hammer2::hammer2::hammer2::hammer2:

Guess, the problem solved by the system administrator.. appriciate that~! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am really touched by the credit, and I find those guys amazing as always. While there are more than RI can accommodate, some of them are definitely going in. Can we expect some later Frenchies as well in the near future?

BTW, I understand why you went with the beret, and it is just as appropriate for WW2, but I found winterized Adrian helmet to be quite distinctive for WW2 Alpins. A very good call on Cyborg anims for the stormtroopers; I'll now have to retool all of the ones RI uses to it.

I am really touched by the credit, and I find those guys amazing as always. While there are more than RI can accommodate, some of them are definitely going in. Can we expect some later Frenchies as well in the near future?

BTW, I understand why you went with the beret, and it is just as appropriate for WW2, but I found winterized Adrian helmet to be quite distinctive for WW2 Alpins. A very good call on Cyborg anims for the stormtroopers; I'll now have to retool all of the ones RI uses to it.

now, they are waiting for animated and equiped~:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ooh, goodies! Lots of it will go straight into RI. If you care to spoil, what's next? And any plans to revisit the civs you already did for WW1 material?

A slight nitpick, if I may. I love the effort you put into era- and nation-appropriate guns, but many of them look like toys in-game; I feel it's because you base them on realistic proportions - but at the game scale, they have to be slightly bulkier to be properly visible and look good. It's especially visible with the barrels, which are much thinner than any of Civ 4 vanilla weapons (and most other user-created ones). One has to remember that Civ 4 visual style is slightly cartoonish (not as much as Civ 6, but definitely not fully realistic either).

Ooh, goodies! Lots of it will go straight into RI. If you care to spoil, what's next? And any plans to revisit the civs you already did for WW1 material?

A slight nitpick, if I may. I love the effort you put into era- and nation-appropriate guns, but many of them look like toys in-game; I feel it's because you base them on realistic proportions - but at the game scale, they have to be slightly bulkier to be properly visible and look good. It's especially visible with the barrels, which are much thinner than any of Civ 4 vanilla weapons (and most other user-created ones). One has to remember that Civ 4 visual style is slightly cartoonish (not as much as Civ 6, but definitely not fully realistic either).

I'm planning to do Germans but honestly, not sure when would it be.. :confused::confused::confused:
and, will add the ww1 units to the civs, too.

'many of them look like toys in-game': yes, you're right and was kinda too late when I realized. :hammer2:
I'll fix the scales of the weapons later and the camo patterns would be adjusted, too.

I'll fix the scales of the weapons later and the camo patterns would be adjusted, too.

Another thing to consider is that weapons in general are too thin, sometimes to the point of looking like 2D cutouts in-game, especially the bigger stuff like LMGs. This one is easy to fix; I found that simply increasing the width by ~1.5x leads to something that feels better.

Attachments

• compare.png
    compare.png
    184 KB · Views: 67
WW1 German Infantry Units: Download

Early WW1 German infantry: <KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
Early WW1 German light infantry: <KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
WW1 German infantry: <KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
WW1 German light infantry: <KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
WW1 German machine gun: <KFM>Art/Units/MachineGun/MachineGunner.kfm</KFM>
WW1 German storm troopers:
GRD: <KFM>Art/Units/DEU_WW1_Strum_GRD/grenadier.kfm</KFM>
MG: <KFM>Art/Units/NextWar_Cyborg/NextWar_Cyborg.kfm</KFM>
RFL: <KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
SMG: <KFM>Art/Units/Marine/Marines.kfm</KFM>

DEU_WW1_Strum_GRD
DEU_ww1_strm_stag02.nif uses a bit modified .kfm and .kf
make path to the right folder.
add 01_effect_info_strum_01.xml to your mod's Assets/XML/MISC/CIV4EffectInfos.xml

<EffectInfo>
<Type>EFFECT_HANDGRENADE_THROW</Type>
<Description>Stormtroops Grenade</Description>
<fScale>1.0</fScale>
<fUpdateRate>1.0</fUpdateRate>
<Path>Art/Units/DEU_WW1_Strum_GRD/GrenadierGrenade.kfm</Path>
<bIsProjectile>1</bIsProjectile>
<fSpeed>350.0</fSpeed>
<fArcValue>4.0</fArcValue>
</EffectInfo>

Note: changed: leave here for someone checks and notifies, if the changes on .nif, .kf would cause any crashes in the game.

DEU_ww1_strm_stag02.nif
Deleted nodes(??)
deleted_01.jpg

deleted_02.jpg

grenadier_md_rangedstrike.kf changed to
changed_01.jpg

001b.jpg

WW1 Early infantry and light infantry

002b.jpg

WW1 infantry and light infantry

003b.jpg

WW1 storm troopers and machine gun
storm troopers did not put the body amour for mobility but put on them for characterizing.

Last edited:
Just amazing!
Walter has already asked this question, but I want to clarify. Is it worth waiting for models for the first World War for old releases in the near future, or is it new civilizations that are in priority?
And also, have you ever thought about cavalry? Until about the middle of the Second World War, it was a very significant addition to the armies of Europe.

Thanks for the feedback.

Honestly, I never thought about the cavalries,
and just made plan for them after done the modern German units: found the references show they're not so much differnt from infantries except some gears and weapons, too.

Actually, I'm more interested in cold war and modern information ages :D
Below are my brief plans.

for WW1 and missing units, like paratroopers of: Russian, UK, US would be started after done WW2 German units.

Further plans:
After done the modern Germans and European WW1 and 2 cavalries, going to the conflict in the far east to make the balance.
then going back to Europe to add missed countries may start from Italian units.

Just hope those would done shortly.. but it never be sure...:confused::rolleyes::shifty:

Is this for some mod you are working on or something or just units for their own sake? Either way great work, I am just curious.

Is this for some mod you are working on or something or just units for their own sake? Either way great work, I am just curious.

Thanks for your comment:)
I'm not modding but just care ww2 style infantries and Vietman war style US marines with AK47 walking on the ground while the modern mbts, sthealth fighters and aegies destroyers are in the role..
The units I made still not able to fade-out after they're fell down though, :crazyeye:

Units not fading out is usually caused by the material / alpha modifiers not being set right or the object name not being the same as in the original model. As in, if the original model calls its infantry "editable mesh" you have to name your model the same thing or else the animator just won't pick it up. So if you want the fade animations to work right you have to:
  1. Open the default civ unit whose animations you want to use and your unit both in two instances of nifscope.
  2. In your unit select each of the parts you made custom and rename them to match the names of the equivalent parts in the original unit. If there is no equivalent just use the name of the main body. That works 99% of the time.
  3. In your unit select each of the parts you made custom and delete their material and alpha properties.
  4. Select the equivalent parts in the original unit and copy the above two modifiers into your unit.
Take for example this fix I made for your german light infantry. I did the following:
  1. Renamed the human model (you called it "EarlyWW1.00:0") to "Infantry".
  2. Renamed the rifle model (you called it "Plane") to "Editable Poly".
  3. Copied the material and alpha properties from the original infantry onto these two.
And now the fading works.

Attachments

• DEU_WW1_Early_Inf.7z
    81 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Top Bottom