Influence driven war for Fall Further?

sounds awesome, while on this topic i wish the revolutions mod would come back to ffh/ff, i miss barbarians becoming civs and cities seceding all over the place

But FF is divulged from FFH's codebase now, so they'd still have to merge the changes...

Ooh, right. Forgot that. Well, hopefully it doesnt take too long to do, because the speed ugrades and massively better AI are both nifty!

I like it. Sounds like a fun option. It could have a lot of potential and spice up what, for me, are 2 boring civs. (They're nice civs, just I'm a war-oriented player.) And I don't see a lot of balance issues honestly, unless this becomes OP.

Also,
@P_L
This would be cool in WHFB. ;)

Would an Influence Driven War effect be possible to do in python without needing to mod the DLL (ie after combat, adjust culture in the surrounding tiles depending on who won)?

On another subject, I've always wanted to have a way for cities to gain some tangible benefit from advancing their culture level, other than it passively pushing the culture borders outward.

For example, at Refined a city could earn a +5% bonus to :gp:, at Legendary +10% :gp: +5%:science: +5%:gold: , etc. How could something like that be accomplished; maybe by using python to check each city's culture level & apply a "Building" representing these benefits?

This could be particularly interesting if using the Influence Driven War mechanic, since an enemy incursion into your homeland could disrupt the benefits of sustained development and peace. Of course you'd have to make sure that combat adjusted the culture counter of nearby cities as well as the tiles themselves.

Also,
@P_L
This would be cool in WHFB.

Presicely ;)

On another subject, I've always wanted to have a way for cities to gain some tangible benefit from advancing their culture level, other than it passively pushing the culture borders outward.

For example, at Refined a city could earn a +5% bonus to , at Legendary +10% +5% +5% , etc. How could something like that be accomplished; maybe by using python to check each city's culture level & apply a "Building" representing these benefits?

This could be particularly interesting if using the Influence Driven War mechanic, since an enemy incursion into your homeland could disrupt the benefits of sustained development and peace. Of course you'd have to make sure that combat adjusted the culture counter of nearby cities as well as the tiles themselves.

thats an interesting idea too!

Would an Influence Driven War effect be possible to do in python without needing to mod the DLL (ie after combat, adjust culture in the surrounding tiles depending on who won)?

That might be "possible" to do with python, but I expect it would certainly not be as efficient as modding the DLL.

For example, at Refined a city could earn a +5% bonus to :gp:, at Legendary +10% :gp: +5%:science: +5%:gold: , etc. How could something like that be accomplished; maybe by using python to check each city's culture level & apply a "Building" representing these benefits?

I don't think that's possible to do with python, but I'm no expert.

I'm kind of mad at culture atm. In my most recent Wild Mana game, the balseraphs actually used great bards and a couple Influence Driven Wars battles to culture bomb away my only shuet stone (as Hyborem and only on Monarch.) I looked in Worldbuilder at their city, which went from 120 to 7800 culture in about 3 turns. I am very impressed and can't wait to try FF with this kind of thing going on.

That would probably only happen from a Great Bard. Influence driven wars only affect terrain tiles iirc

Top Bottom