Info Addict

I suspect it's because civ isn't up to date. Try getting the latest patch - it makes for a better game as well.;)

I suspect it's because civ isn't up to date. Try getting the latest patch - it makes for a better game as well.;)

There's a newer version?

My Steam must not be updating, I've had a nightmare with it before not updating certain games; time to figure out how I managed to fix the previous games!

I'm having issues with it being able to record any data to actually display, whenever I open up the graph area it always says that there is no data yet (this is regardless of how many turns I've taken).

I'm going to ask an obvious question here. You've met other civs, right? InfoAddict won't populate its chart with info for those you haven't yet met. There's also usually a one-turn delay from meeting a civ to its data populating in the charts.

Ah, fixing my Steam has allowed me to actually get the latest updates which has fixed my problem.

Presumably the API improved with some of the newer patches, allowing this sort of fancy mod.

Thanks for the help everyone!

robk,
How do you feel about this February_Patch note?

MODDING; Added Line Control for modders to use when creating graphs, etc.:D;)

It'll make things much easier, though when it's implemented in Info Addict, I doubt there will be an noticeable change other than finer grain graphs when there are lot of civs+turns.

I'm going to ask an obvious question here. You've met other civs, right? InfoAddict won't populate its chart with info for those you haven't yet met. There's also usually a one-turn delay from meeting a civ to its data populating in the charts.

One note on this: you can click on the header buttons (e.g. "Historical Data", "World Factbook", "Global Relations") to refresh the graphs right after you meet a new civ. It will repopulate the Empire Key in the historical graphs and worldfact book as well as make new civ icons appear in the relational graphs.

It'll make things much easier, though when it's implemented in Info Addict, I doubt there will be an noticeable change other than finer grain graphs when there are lot of civs+turns.
I meant isn't this a clear opportunity to optimize the amount of DDS resources necessary to deploy the same graphs?
I think they've just given you a freakin' good path on a silver platter to Info-Addict's running beyond the speed_of_light... Not counting the math_matching curves of smooth flows!;)

I meant isn't this a clear opportunity to optimize the amount of DDS resources necessary to deploy the same graphs?

If by "optimize" you mean "get rid of" ... yep, it should help me do that. Most of the image files included with the mod are the lines between the civ icons in the relations graph. Though I haven't gotten to it yet (since the patch just came out today), I'm fairly certain I won't have to include those anymore.

I think they've just given you a freakin' good path on a silver platter to Info-Addict's running beyond the speed_of_light... Not counting the math_matching curves of smooth flows!;)

You need to share whatever you're smoking with the rest of us.

Robk, have you looked at all into the relationship modifier chart possibilities?

Sadly, no, I haven't. I've been quite busy with other stuff the last 2 months so I haven't had the mental energy to expend on the mod. I'm pretty stoked about the new patch though so, when I start messing around with it again, I'll put taking a look at this on the top of my list.

... I'm fairly certain I won't have to include those anymore.

You need to share whatever you're smoking with the rest of us.

It's v1217 compatible already - makes it all the more easy.

Here it's Nicotine & Caffeine only... niet - i won't have to share both since anyone can pay for or afford their own poison.
:D
I'd certainly send a Fresh_Cold_Beer :viking: via PM once you're through, though.

I downloaded it from the in-game mod browser but I'm not quite sure how to get it to load/work from there. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Moderator Action: Merged with the Info addict thread.
Because the mod creator should know it best ;).

Can't get Info Addict v10 to work with the latest patch. :( Is it working for you guys?

Can't get Info Addict v10 to work with the latest patch. :( Is it working for you guys?

I just fired up a new game and it seems to be working fine for me. I tried to load up an older game, heavy with mods, and it crashed but I don't really expect much from saved games with tons of mods active on it after a patch has come out.

In what way is it not working? Does the scroll menu have the "Info Addict" item? Or is it there and nothing happens when you click on it?

It probably was a saved game he tried to load. Generally speaking the ModUserData/MapModData gets wonky with patches.

Hey I dunno if this has been suggested, but is their any chance of adding "Most Wonders" along with the other lists? Not that bothered by it, just surprised it was left out.

Improved Demographics is a mod I want to like, but simply cannot play with because it is cheating to me. I do not want to be able to see what tech every other civ is researching at any given time.

Top Bottom