Info Addict

@basmannen: This may sound like a goofy question: do you go into the advanced set up screen at the beginning of a game and make changes to the civs on the left side of the screen?

That might be it... I usually add some because i like playing with more civs. Thank you and great mod btw. ;)

I just updated Info Addict to v15. This update only includes one bug fix and one improvement, although the later could be called a bug fix too.

• Bug fix: Civ historical data will now be collected when player slots are changed in certain ways from the advanced set up screen.
  • Better end of turn detection. AI player data will no longer appear to be one turn behind the active player in the historical graphs.
This version is compatible with the previous version of Info Addict.

Spoiler mod integrators: file changes and additions to v15 :
Code:
M      /InfoAddict/InfoAddictReadMe.txt
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictDataManager.lua
M      /InfoAddict/InfoAddict.civ5proj

Can you see anywhere what the cause for lack of data for Global Relations is?

I haven't encountered that yet so it's tough for me to track down. Is that something you can re-create easily? Or do you have a saved game where that happens?

@Pouakai: I tried a few games with some custom leaders/civs and the relations graph worked OK for me, though some of the custom icons looked really crappy. I'll send you a PM with an email address to email a saved game to me that's experiencing that problem. It's about the only way I'm going to be able to track that down.

I downloaded the latest version and it still doesn't work. I tried playing without changing the number of players and the graphs still wont show. Got any ideas?

Also, an equally or even more important statistic is current amount of gold in the treasury. Right now, we have "GNP," which is measuring revenue per turn, and "Net Gold," which is measuring profit per turn, but as far as I can tell, there's no measure of current cash available for use. If you could add it (perhaps calling it "Treasury"), that would be really awesome and helpful. :D

Treasury stuff will be in the next version. :cool:

By the way, I'm still wishy-washy about changing "GNP" though I totally understand where you're going with that. I've been pretty "meh" about my choice there but I'm also reluctant to change something that's been around for half a year without feeling strongly about it. If anything, I'd probably change "GNP" to "Income" since that matches the word "income" that you see in the toolbar gold stats.

Although, now I'm thinking about this, it would be kinda neat to change GNP to a combination of gold and production using the game's conversion of hammers to gold. I don't know how useful that would be when comparing civs for gameplay reasons but it would keep some kind the "Economic Report" flavor of Info Addict around. I don't like calling things "Gold Rate" and "Hammers per turn" because it feels less immersive than "GNP" and "Manufacturing".

@Rual, it looks like I cannot send you a PM for some translation help. Can you take a look at the spoiler if you've got some time? I'm adding some more tags to the text files and I'd like to update the translations before I put out the next release if possible. Thanks! :goodjob:

Spoiler :
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_CATEGORY_TREASURY">
<Text>Treasury</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_RANKTITLE_INCOME">
<Text>Income</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_CATEGORY_INCOME">
<Text>Income</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_EMPIREATTR_INCOME">
<Text>Income (millions of gold)</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_OPTIONS_HISTORICAL_LINEOFFSET_TT">
<Text>Adds a small offset to each line in the historical graphs to make each line visible when values between two civs are the same.</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_EMPIREATTR_TREASURY">
<Text>Gold in Treasury (millions of gold)</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_NEXT">
<Text>Next</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_OPTIONS_HISTORICAL_LINEOFFSET">
<Text>Historical Graph Line Offset</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_RANKTITLE_TREASURY">
<Text>Treasury</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_PREVIOUS">
<Text>Previous</Text>
</Row>

Whats about Workforce productivity
that is sum of all outputs :)c5food:, :c5production:, :c5gold:, :c5science:) divided by number of citizens

GNP could be :c5production: + :c5gold: + :c5science:

I like it! Although, I am starting to run out of room at the bottom of the historical graphs screen. I may put a 3rd page in there or switch to a drop down menu. I may do the later because I'm thinking about putting links to the factbook down there too so you can go straight to the rankings from the graph and vice versa.

I've done a quick spot check of the files in the new patch and it looks like Info Addict should be fully compatible unless you're running a HotSeat game (I'm not even sure if you can run mods when doing that though). If you come across any issues, please post them here and I'll take a look.

I have a new version ready that adds total gold data and a few bug fixes. I may delay that, though, since the new patch includes a whole new system for saving and retrieving the kind of data I use in Info Addict. Basically, I should be able to piggy back off the data in the replay graphs and actually add some of my own, which will show up both in Info Addict and in the replays (if I'm looking at things correctly).

Robk, I noticed you asked for an update to the spanish translation:

Treasury = Tesoro

Income = Ganancia

Income (millions of gold) = Ganancia (millones)

Adds a small offset to each line in the historical graphs to make each line visible when values between two civs are the same. = Añade una pequeña compensación a cada línea en los datos históricos para hacer cada línea visible cuando los valores entre dos civilizaciones son iguales.

Gold in Treasury (millions of gold) = Oro en Tesoreria (millones)

Next = Siguiente

Historical Graph Line Offset = Compensación de la linea de Datos Historicos

Treasury = Tesoro

Previous = Anterior

I noticed a mistype

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_RANKUNITS_GOLD">
<Text>Oro (milliones)</Text>
</Row>

Should be:

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_INFOADDICT_RANKUNITS_GOLD">
<Text>Oro (millones)</Text>
</Row>

Regards!

I'm working on a new version of Info Addict right now that uses the new patch's replay data but I'm concerned about the performance when using it. Based on the feedback I got from v13, it looks like my system (core i7, SSDs, 6GB RAM, ATI HD5850) is faster than some or most. So, if anyone has the time, can you test a pre-release version of IA v16? The zip is attached.

The main thing I'm looking for is performance data related to reading the replay data, especially in the late game and with a high number of civs. To log that data, do the following:

1. Before you start civ V, open Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini with a text file editor (like notepad) and replace "LoggingEnabled = 0" with "LoggingEnabled = 1" (it's line 216 in my file)
  2. Send me the Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs\Lua.log file after you've played for a while. Either attach it to a post here or send me a PM and I'll send you an email address you can send it to.

If you're curious, I'm looking for lines like this in the log file that show up at the end of every turn:
InfoAddictDataManager: DEBUG: Updating replay data cache
InfoAddictDataManager: DEBUG: Garbage Time: 0.021s
InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Updating the replay data cache took 0.202s to complete

It's the .2 secs that's concerning me because, the last time I had performance problems, some people's systems were 20x slower than mine and that could add significant time to the end of the turn. Also, I've noticed in my limited testing that it's slower and slower as the game goes on.

If it turns out that using the replay data ends up being too slow, I may just stick with collecting my own data because I've gotten that pretty fast.

Don't forget to check out the options page if you're testing this, I added an option to smooth the lines, though it makes them look thicker :cool:

Thanks!

Attachments

• InfoAddict (v 16beta1).zip
    95 KB · Views: 176
I'm working on a new version of Info Addict right now that uses the new patch's replay data but I'm concerned about the performance when using it. Based on the feedback I got from v13, it looks like my system (core i7, SSDs, 6GB RAM, ATI HD5850) is faster than some or most. So, if anyone has the time, can you test a pre-release version of IA v16? The zip is attached.

The main thing I'm looking for is performance data related to reading the replay data, especially in the late game and with a high number of civs. To log that data, do the following:

1. Before you start civ V, open Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini with a text file editor (like notepad) and replace "LoggingEnabled = 0" with "LoggingEnabled = 1" (it's line 216 in my file)
  2. Send me the Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs\Lua.log file after you've played for a while. Either attach it to a post here or send me a PM and I'll send you an email address you can send it to.

If you're curious, I'm looking for lines like this in the log file that show up at the end of every turn:

It's the .2 secs that's concerning me because, the last time I had performance problems, some people's systems were 20x slower than mine and that could add significant time to the end of the turn. Also, I've noticed in my limited testing that it's slower and slower as the game goes on.

If it turns out that using the replay data ends up being too slow, I may just stick with collecting my own data because I've gotten that pretty fast.

Don't forget to check out the options page if you're testing this, I added an option to smooth the lines, though it makes them look thicker :cool:

Thanks!

I could do that tomorrow I think.

Here's my log.

I converted it to .txt file because they wouldn't let me upload it but should work. :D

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 133
Awesome. Thanks guys! If you end up playing games into the 300-500 turn range, I'd love to see that.

By the way, Zyxpsilon, it looks like you have an older version of Info Addict around somewhere in your mods folder because it throwing errors from a file I removed a while ago.That might be why you're seeing text not being filled out completely.

v12, actually... i was "waiting" for patch v1332 to switch over to the Denmark DLC testing phase (for LeoPaRd DB activation processing) - but since extensive changes were made to the ruleset i figured it was worth keeping the previous InfoAddict version(s) to keep track of some pending saves.
And since i have to verify MD5 slots for validation of compatible assets, i must also maintain a resilient routine that morphs to such evolution in mods such as yours.

Top Bottom