Innovian Succesion Game #2

Settler sounds good
Either Dave or 1889 is up.

Finished workboat.

Built another worker to find a city location. How about just north of those bananas on the jungle hill next to a river? Settler can be finished in 4 turns.

Connected Horse and started a chariot because that barbarian archer out west makes me nervous. It can be finished in 2 turns when we need it.

Finished Bronze, but the only copper I can see is way up north near the Aztecs. Started Iron working because we are going to want to chop some jungle when we settle city #2.

Have not adopted slavery yet.

I think a chariot rush on Montezuma could be a winner.

2200 BC ready for Dutchfire.

1760 BC ready for Theoden/Lord Parkin

A barb city has appeared, and we should be able to take it soon.
I've settled the city on the proposed location.

Attachments

• Innovia BC-1760.Civ4SavedGame
    118.7 KB · Views: 80
If we wait until it grows to size two and take it we'll still have room for another city in the south without too much overlap.

Archers are a real %&*$ at this stage of the game, you just can't do an early rush without a UU. Our chariot only has about 20% when they fortify in a city.

Archers are a real %&*$ at this stage of the game, you just can't do an early rush without a UU. Our chariot only has about 20% when they fortify in a city.
So just use double the number of Chariots to the number of Archers. ;)

Am I up, or not yet?

Hittite was captured. Judging by the current state of our economy, I'd say that a Chariot rush may not be a great idea after all, since we simply can't support the cities we capture at the moment. Also, there are far too many Archers around at the moment, and our losses would be severe. With this in mind I put us working towards Pottery for cottages after getting Iron Working, so that we can improve our gold output before going conquering. I think we should also get out some more Settlers fast, to claim a decent amount of land before the expansion phase is over. (Even if that land is mostly crappy jungle.)

Maybe it's possible for us to play Tokugawa and Montezuma against one another? Getting a religion and spreading it to Tokugawa might do the trick, though I'm not certain.

Attachments

• Innovia BC-1360.Civ4SavedGame
    126.4 KB · Views: 66
Theoden 1x UP!
1889 2x
dutchfire 2x
Lord Parkin 2x

Yes, the rush is clearly not going to work out. Science is already going to have to go down to 60% to aford those units and cities. You know me by now, I'd disband two warriors and save a turn on research.

The other problem is what to build until pottery? How about pre build a settler or another worker in the capitol then switch to granery. We may want to stop that forest chop for now and use it for the granery.

I think keeping chopping is generally a good idea. That's why I built us a second worker; perhaps we could do with even more too.

Seems like I can't play it today so if anyone feels like picking it up feel welcome, otherwise I'll play it tomorrow.

1889, you're up again.

I was under the impression that Theoden had played already

1360 BC - 975 BC:
Pottery finished, Writing started.
Medina and Hittite has built obelisks and Medina have started a work boat. Mecca has built a worker (there is alot of terrain improvement to be done with all the jungle and unconnected resources) and a settler. I've left the settler move as well as the building choice in Mecca and Hittite to the next player, so we can have a discussion about it first.
Two warriors disbanded to save upkeep. *waiting for 1889 to clap his hands* ;) Also one exploring chariot died to a barbarian archer.
And I signed an OB with Monty, so his territory is fully explored now.

Attachments

• Innovia BC-0975.Civ4SavedGame
    133.6 KB · Views: 75
:clap: good job Theo.

This Iron isn't too inconvenient, so thats my choice for city. Considering Hittite already has disease I'd say we'll need a granery there and I think I'll set the capitol to another worker. How soon untill our first invasion, should we start planning some barracks.

I think that Monty is most dangerous, and that we should go after him first.

Hittite will get two more health once the worker connects it to the network in a few turns, and a granary won't help much anyway as we don't have corn, wheat or rice yet.

I agree with the city placement, I had that source of iron in mind as well.

Then I'd start a barracks. Also shall we do Alphabet next?

Sounds good, although we shouldn't count on any trading with Tokugawa, so tech trading with Monty will be limited as well unless we meet more civs, which seems unlikely as we've explored our whole continent except the land behind Tokugawa. It will mostly be for extortion purposes, I presume? :D

Yeah, not many (or any) trade options with these two on a continent. And are you sure extortion works? I've had very little luck with it in Civ4, the AI are much more clingy to their techs.

Built another worker and the settler needed much time to travel to the new site so the last warrior regrettably had to go. That means all our defenses are chariots that can't fortify or get terrain bonus. I'd be more worried if it wasn't just the AI.

So Innovia consist of 4 low population jungle cities in need of happiness, each with a worker and chariot. A single chariot acts as mobile defense should Tokugawa’s swarms of archers turn aggressive. Science is at 50% so Alphabet is 30 turns away. We'll have Iron in about 8 turns, and could conquer whoever we choose if we could figure out a way to afford it.

The next move is up to Lord Parkin.

Top Bottom