Installing BepInEx for Humankind Mods

(AOM)

Chieftain
We've had a couple people run into questions when trying to install BepInEx on their computer so they can use BepInEx-based Humankind mods. There is now an illustrated step-by-step tutorial showing how to install BepInEx on Windows available HERE and one for Mac HERE. Please note, the process is different for Windows than it is for Mac, so be sure you use the correct one for your computer.

Both tutorials also show how to use the Humankind Mod Tool in conjunction with the BepInEx system. That part is optional, although the HMT makes it easier to install and de-install BepInEx mods for Humankind.

Edited to add a link to the Mac tutorial.

Last edited:
Thanks! But I was not able to install ModTool because it keeps asking for .NET even when I have it.

Which one do you have? The tool requires Microsoft .NET 5.0 or above. If your computer does not have this installed, your computer will produce a popup with a link to the Microsoft page where you can download it. To follow the link, click yes to the popup.

When you arrive on the Microsoft page, scroll to the Run desktop apps section and pick Download x64. I put a picture of what you see when you arrive on the Microsoft page HERE (a mini-tutorial for people who receive a message about .NET when trying to install the Humankind Mod tool).

Top Bottom