I noticed something strange when installing Civ3 in Windows 7. The install appeared to work fine, but when I went to run the game, the shortcut didn't work. Investigation showed that the registry entries had been added, but the game had not actually installed on my hard drive (despite all indications to the contrary during the install). Anyway - the fix: 1.) Don't use the autorun when the CD gets inserted. 2.) Open windows explorer and use that to view the CD contents. 3.) Right-click on "setup.exe", and choose "properties". 4.) On the "compatability" tab, check the option to run in WIndows XP compatability mode. 5.) Also check the "run as administrator" option. 5.) Close the properties window. 6.) Double-click on the setup.exe icon - it should now install properly. NOte: If you already installed and it didn't work, then the first time you run setup like this, it will actually uninstall the game, and you need to run it a gain to install. Note 2: You should also do the same steps for any patches you install (compatability mode, run as administrator).