1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by kill fire, Nov 10, 2006.

1. ThinkTank

ThinkTank RL Addict

4000 BC and no tech selected yet?

2. Optional

Optional Deity

Yes, if you're already aware of the use of negatives in image processing in the AA, you should really be a bit more positive about it! :lol:

3. Zefyrinus

Zefyrinus Regent

Heh, it would be so like them.

4. Meteor Man

Meteor Man En Route to M81

Responding to Zefyrinus' Picture:

Is the ocean next to that city a fresh water lake? That seems to be the only way that there could be fresh water in the city...

Other than that, I'm stumped. Maybe its just a glitch.

5. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

It's not a fresh water lake, it's too big.

6. CKS

CKS Deity

In a game of the month, ages ago, there was a situation where a river ran between a land tile and a coastal tile. It was invisible, but the land tile gave extra commerce and the city nearby could build Hoover Dam. I don't know if the inclusion of this river was intentional or accidental.

7. Daeron

Daeron The Apprentice

It gains two food from water tiles, without a harbor, so it has to be fresh water. I've played a pangea map before where the one continent was one big circle with a large inland sea in the middle.

8. da3dalus

da3dalus Warlord

Really? I've never seen that, I didn't know it was possible to get that on Pangea...you wouldn't happen to have that world seed# would you??? :)

9. Optional

Optional Deity

Sweet water is a water body < 20 tiles,
    Salt water is a water body > 20 tiles, and what 20 tiles exactly is I don't know.
    The water in Zefyrinus picture is salt water. Also the city has a harbour, which it couldn't have when it was on sweet water.

I don't know why it can build a nuclear plant, though. It's hard to see every landscape feature without turning on clean map; there could be a river starting on one of those mountains, but from the screenshot it's hard to make out what's going on.

10. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator

Fresh water is 20 tiles and less. Salt water is 21 tiles and up.

11. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

I have hit that a couple of time too, but I am not sure if I still have the saves, as that was several years ago, when I played on Pangea maps. The main advantage there was that I could send units a lot faster by ships, before railroads, from one side of the inland sea to the other. I have had a couple of continents maps where is I edited them by adding about 4 or 5 land tiles, I would have the same effect. I would have to take a look to see if I still have those, and then put that world seed into a Pangea map and see what happens.

12. eldar

eldar ChiefTank

The city in the screenshot does have a harbor, so that's not the answer. Besides you can easily count >20 contiguous water tiles.

13. Daeron

Daeron The Apprentice

For some reason I always have trouble spotting those harbor signs. A shame food is maxed at 5.
    Unfortunately no. I actually gave up on the game because it was one of my few tries at Pangea and I wanted to play a more conventional map.

14. shadowdefender

shadowdefender Chieftain

Yeah it is interesting ,,,,particularly the land is barren, no trees no mountains, forests etc,,,,
    Or it could probably be, someone went to the CIV3xedit and edied it......

15. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I believe an aqueduct suffices for a nuclear power plant in a city with no lake or river. I'm not certain, though.

16. Optional

Optional Deity

I just checked the editor, but the requirement for a nuclear plant is 'must be near water', so it doesn't need to be sweet water.
    If you compare that with the Hoover dam, that one has 'must be near a river' as a requirement, so that's different. We probably just mixed up the requirements.

17. Sweetchuck

Sweetchuck King

I dunno - I'm pretty sure nuke plants need to be near fresh water.

Coastal salt water cities are SOL.

And I'm also pretty sure aquaducts don't count as fresh water, so they're SOL also.

18. TheOverseer714

TheOverseer714 Overseer

A city must have fresh water within its radius to build a Nuclear Plant. So if it is near a river(within 2 tiles), it can still build one.

19. Sweetchuck

Sweetchuck King

Or a freshwater lake, if I am not mistaken.

20. darski

darski Regent in Training

I seem to get this "no Water" effect fairly often. I'm just posting another example to prove I am not making it up. (this is a tiny/tiny map)

water.jpg

For this one... I was just wondering how they knew what I was up to :lol:

know.jpg