1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by kill fire, Nov 10, 2006.

1. nyarmondt

nyarmondt Chieftain

Well, that's almost totally what happened with usa's the first breeding reactor - except for the meltdown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanford_Site

It's an impossible job to contain, let alone to clean up this mess.

2. Kirejara

Kirejara King

3. Kirejara

Kirejara King

Hi Xerxes, did you not forget something on your colony? :D

This is the very first time that I observed a KI building a fortress and a colony on a vital resource, but no road to it.

I am nearly ready for agressive negotiatons with the Persians.
    Soon... :trouble:

4. Kirejara

Kirejara King

Headache for Temujin. ;)

First Domination Victory on Regent incoming. :D

And no, I did not start a single war (but I endet each one I was involved ;) ).

5. Kirejara

Kirejara King

In my new game I conquered the Netherlands. To my surprise they still existed after I took their last city. So I made peace (and took 3 goldpieces and monarchy as price) and waited for the things to come (as there has to be a settler somewhere).

In the next interturn the Willem declared war on the Maya. On the search for the new dutch capital I found this:

He must have dropped his last settler on the next settleable spot and so build his new capital right next to Chichen Itza.

He lasted for two more rounds. I was nearly impressed... :D

6. Kirejara

Kirejara King

This is looks like a very fitting Leader for "Steam Power" as the real life Isambard Brunel was one of the most creative railroad and steamship designers of Victorian Great Britain. ;)

7. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  8. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

i do not think i have seen such a strange lake before, ever:

even though it looks just like a natural harbour there is a lake, and a plains tile to connect the shores... you can see the settler being able to walk on it.
    t_x

Attached Files:

9. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Might be a bug or something.

Why have you waited so long to found your first city?

10. Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye Chieftain

In 1975, British animator Bob Godfrey directed Great, a 25 minute tongue-in-cheek piece on Brunel that won the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film. Like its name, it is a truly great piece of work that is sadly not commercially available, but if it ever pops up on your local PBS station, watch it. It used to be on YouTube but it vanished a couple of years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_(1975_film)

11. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Wow, that's a bug I've never seen before. It seems to stem from an error in the map generator.

The reason it happens must be because there is no graphical file that connects Tundra to Desert, so it doesn't know what to do and uses the wrong file for the Tundra (the Plains is the correct .pcx).

12. Desertsnow

Desertsnow πr²

From a very bad start to, um, a less bad start. :D At least there's some food for your early cities here.

13. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Some experimenting in the editor tells me that plains, flood plains, and deserts aren't supposed to be allowed to border tundra tiles, much like how every water tile bordering a land tile has to be a coast. Trying to place one of those next to tundra just changed those tundra tiles to grasslands, and I imagine trying to place a tundra next to one of them would do the same.

That tile is one food/one shield from the looks of it, so it would have to be a plains, even though only a grassland tile would be allowed to border a tundra like that.

14. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

it is plains, just as i said... :japan:

and for what i am doing there, well, i am trying to reach the south pole by foot together with the English princes... :D

actually, i was testing something, and never intended to play that start. like, i have not played a real SP game that is no XOTM-game for i believe a year or more now. the last one was for the HoF...

t_x

15. Everkane

Everkane Valar Morghulis

jesus settler

16. ThinkTank

ThinkTank RL Addict

:)

OTOH, 3750 BC, that would be more like a moses settler.

17. Desertsnow

Desertsnow πr²

Does that mean that anyone attempting to follow the settler will fall into the water? :D

18. Everkane

Everkane Valar Morghulis

You know what they say about curiosity.

19. Buttercup

Buttercup King

“I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift would be curiosity.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

?

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
    ― Albert Einstein

?

Or were you referring to the misunderstood dumb-phrase:

"Curiosity killed the cat" is a metaphor used to warn of the dangers of unnecessary investigation or experimentation. A less frequently-seen rejoinder to "curiosity killed the cat" is "but, satisfaction brought it back".

The original form of the metaphor, now little used, was "Care killed the cat". In this instance, "care" was defined as "worry" or "sorrow."

20. Everkane

Everkane Valar Morghulis

I understand you are a bit silly, plus a way too bitter to not be able to comprehend a simple joke, so I'm only gonna give you that:

http://www.wowhead.com/sound=13319/a-telestraaggro

See ya, Big Butt.

:lol: