Interesting Screenshots

A unique starting handicap - 17 Tuns of Pollution! (there's another volcano just out of the screeny). Also no relation to the guy who just posted a thread about a Rocky Dutch game. I guess Rocky Dutch is popular this month :/

I took the screeny after the one on the far left had erupted so many times it had become almost completely obscured by Pollution animations.

By any chance did you save the game settings including the Random Seed number? I have never seen that many volcanoes so close together. It looks like the big island of Hawaii, Krakatoa, Stromboli, Mount Vesuvius, and Mount Etna all rolled into one big magma outbreak.

I have the 4000BC autosave, you're quite welcome to that, I'll attach it below. It's actually one of the most enjoyable maps I've played in recent times. The combination of Raging Barbarians and almost complete lack of habitable land makes the two Dutch traits of Agricultural/Seafaring quite overpowered, and you get a perfectly isolated start which actually makes the Great Lighthouse exceedingly valuable for all the spare islands on the map.

All that Pollution just gave me something to do with my Workers in the late Medieval era while waiting for Steam Power, though it looks quite bad, it doesn't actually effect anything aside from north/south travel routes and the Production powerhouse possibilities of Maastricht. Anyway, hope you have fun with the save.

Or maybe not...

RockyDutch 4000 BC.SAV:
Your file of 2.89 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 2.00 MB for this filetype.

I can't be bothered to set up my laptop again atm, I'll have a look for the seed number another day and get back to you.

Regular saves are compressed by the game engine, autosaves however are not. If you resave the autosave it should be small enough. Else you could also zip it.

Well, it is better than nothing. And buying techs on last turn of research can be convenient as then the techs will be very cheap but you still save a whole turn.

Ehm... Wang Kon contacted me between my turns.

It should make no difference for me, as I have currency at the beginning of my next turn either way and even a started reseach turn would be wasted, as my science advisor suggested monarchy as next goal (which I am not interested in reseaching).

So his offer is nothing.:wallbash:

This is a regent level with equal start positions and I am still researching a lot faster then the united KI (they allready have contact with each other and I am relativ late with map making). Currency was my last step into the Mediveal Age. ;)

I do not see how giving away my head start via free techs for the KI would help me. :confused:

even a started reseach turn would be wasted, as my science advisor suggested monarchy as next goal (which I am not interested in reseaching). [...] Currency was my last step into the Mediveal Age. ;)

I did not realize that. Usually i try to keep the next tech preselected for research. But the change in era here might be a major inconvenience.

Usually i try to keep the next tech preselected for research. But the change in era here might be a major inconvenience.
So do I. ;)

Maybe I should have wrote the explanation by the picture.

But now a picture of the same game...

Roads and Railroads? What for?
We have money to buy rubber, coal and salpeter from the Iroquois!

Mines and Irrigations? What for?
We have enought money to buy techs and units!

No more money?
Lets invade the stupid Iroquois with two Late Cavalry (8/4/3) and a Spearman! :backstab:

There is nothing that can go wrong!

The English are equaly advanced (including Flight) with the other KI, but they do not even connected all their cities, luxuries and resources. The other KI (Greek, Russians, Ottomans and Koreans) have improved most of their countrysides.

I only had to clean up and correct some improvements in Korea... :D

I can not but wonder, how Elisabeth managed to keep up (and even outreseached Alexander). :confused:

BTW: What are my ships using as rangefinders? Folding Chairs? Only one in ten bombardements hit the target. And the performance of my Airforce is not much better. :(

ah , the AI cares for the AI players by making sure your people can not hit elephants tied to a tree .

I'm sure this has been seen before, but I found out that technology is able to be discovered during anarchy.
If you have Scientists assigned, yes -- their beakers come in regardless of whether any other commerce is collected.

BTW, what Mod is that, that has 70T :eek: as the max-turns to research?

Yes, I regularly get a technology while in anarchy in the Ancient Age coming out of Despotism. If you sacrifice all growth for Scientist Beakers during anarchy at this stage of the game you can still 4 turn the first row of techs, such as Pottery.

Everyone left in the game has reached Astronomy by now, but Joan has failed to developed the even the prerequisites for Map Making. :eek:

Ok, she had an isolated start (the Hittities shared their island at least for a short time with the Portuguese...) and my military advisor tells me that we have an average army compared to the French (since I have Hargulatiers (5/2/2), Templar Knights (5/3/2) and Cavaliers (4/3/2) as army backbone, she has to have a lot of ancient units). This is a regent level game.

It can not be pictured, but even more surprising are the Zulus.

I shared my starting island with them and they did neither attack me nor tried to blackmail me once. And they have been a surprising reliable ally in my wars against Rome, Arabia and the Inka.

I hope Shaka is not ill. :D

(since I have Hargulatiers (5/2/2), Templar Knights (5/3/2) and Cavaliers (4/3/2) as army backbone, she has to have a lot of ancient units). This is a regent level game.

It can not be pictured, but even more surprising are the Zulus.

I shared my starting island with them and they did neither attack me nor tried to blackmail me once. And they have been a surprising reliable ally in my wars against Rome, Arabia and the Inka.

I hope Shaka is not ill. :D

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what are "Hargulatiers"? Are "Cavaliers" the equivalent of Knights?

As for Shaka, he is just setting you up for the BIG Backstab.

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what are "Hargulatiers"? Are "Cavaliers" the equivalent of Knights?

As for Shaka, he is just setting you up for the BIG Backstab.
Hargulatiers can be descripted as riding Musketman
Model is by Sandris (what a surprise ;) ): KLICK!!!

And I was unable to find any information about them until I found this book page over Google: KLICK!!!

I have set them to Gunpowder and they replace the Mounted Archer (4/1/2, Invention) that most other civs are using.

And yes, the Cavalier is simply a flavor version of the Knight. ;)

And no (at least not until now), Shaka and I are conquering together the Island that Mursilis the Mad called his own. (Evil Laughter) Hahaha!

I have rediscovered an older savegame on my old laptop.

The Ottomans are all the time broke during this game.

So I made them an offer, that they can not refuse... or so was my thought. :eek:

This was apparently a test game for the sea workers based on ZergMazters idea.

I have rediscovered an older savegame on my old laptop.

The Ottomans are all the time broke during this game.

So I made them an offer, that they can not refuse... or so was my thought. :eek:

This was apparently a test game for the sea workers based on ZergMazters idea.

what's that in the south? A road on water?

Top Bottom