Interesting Screenshots

Normally I quite enjoy using bombers to cut off all my enemy's strategic and luxury resources, this time I might have taken it a bit too far.

TIL that you can still harvest some resources from cratered terrain.

this perplexed me. A 6/6 French elite ancient cav.

took him out with a samurai BTW.

I thought 5/5 was the best you could do
capture-20200110-110203.png

Ancient Cavalry have a HP bonus- instead of having 3/4/5 HP at Regular/Veteran/Elite, they have 4/5/6 HP.

ancient cavalry is super duper , get that wonder whenever you can . ln armies of 3 they are most efficient for most of the game , in armies of 4 , you can even use them against infantry defending in cities .

Try India and take a look at their Elephants: they also have 4/5/6 hitpoints.
I had no idea that was a thing in this game. That's really neat! I recently came back to civ 3 after a 13 year break from the vanilla disk my dad bought me a long while ago. It's amazing the little things you discover! I'm loving the complete version of this game. :)

I thought you could only get 1 SGL at a time. I just pulled off the Philosophy slingshot, snagged an SGL for Philo, chose CoL as my freebie, and snagged another one!
Double SGL.jpg

ETA: I've also attached a save, just in case anyone wants a peek at it. I cannot recall ever getting double SGLs before.

Attachments

• Osman of the Ottomans, 2x SGL save, 1100 BC.SAV
    88.3 KB · Views: 116
:yup: Yes, from SGLs you can have several, the limitation to one is for MGLs.

I may have actually had a triple once ... total of six or seven that game. Once I had them, I saved them up for things I knew I wanted that would help (e.g., UN).

I've definitely pulled off the double before, think I even have a picture earlier in this very thread of me doing that.

Yep, I did post about it earlier in this thread:

Decided to try as the Vikings again and hope for better luck. My start location was better, I got both Iron and Horses while my neighbors the Spanish didn't, which helped a lot when I fought a war against them to expand past my tiny peninsula and grab some of their Ivory so I could start the Statue of Zeus. So far, looks like my luck's been better.

But really, the biggest sign of my improved luck: I got 2 SGL's on one turn, one from researching Philosophy first, and then another from the free tech from Philosophy.

I guess I could rush SoZ with one of them, but I'll probably get it in about 12 turns anyway- the only other AI I know with Mathematics doesn't have any Ivory. My neighbors, the Spanish and Aztecs, have Ivory, but no Math. Wonder Cascade is unlikely- The Great Wall and the Mausoleum are the only other AA wonders that haven't been built yet.

I could always save them for something better in the Middle Ages...

ı always get a science leader whenever the admittedly limited intellect of the game awakens to the fact that ı could use an army or two . Definitely had 3 simultaneously , ı might have had 4 , doubt but still accept the slight possibility of 5 .

as my games have always been odd , if ı get a science leader first , there will be no military leaders . But if ı had a military leader already ı can get science leaders . So , it was like 3 or 5 months with no science leaders then ı got one in my latest game : Smallest continent with just one Al and me and ı will triple my city count with wiping out the Al , so there you go , a science leader !

Top Bottom