1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by kill fire, Nov 10, 2006.

1. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

What was the worst part, what happened? I looked at the save briefly and it looks like you are good shape. I do not see why you created infantry armies, but not a huge deal. I would not add sami units to the cav armies though. Did you do that in an effort add more defense? Cav armies should not die on defense, just offense.

Edit:
    Do get a DoW?

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  2. robbus

robbus Warlord

I got obliterated by panzers and virtually all my cities started rioting even though the germans declared war on me.

I managed to protect my artillery and my homeland is safe but I was stunned by the amount of panzers that came after me.

The same thing had happened 3-4 turns earlier but I repelled them. I was surprised at how quickly they replenished.

I am pretty far behind on the tech tree too.

I m pretty disappointed and the game is on hold until I decide what to do next.

BTW just hit the end turn button to witness the carnage firsthand... I hope it doesn't give you ptsd.
    Thanx for reply

3. robbus

robbus Warlord

France 6/6 ancient cavalry? I thought 5 was max experience> Maybe this should be in newbie forum...

civ 3 france 6 ancient cav.png

4. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

Yes AC elites are 6.

Edit:

Units can be any level of HP. It is set in the editor. IIRC it is a bonus to HP setting that can be use to start them with extra HP, not sure what the limit is, if any. Never used it.

Whatever they set the unit to, it still can become elite through conscript (if allowed for that unit), reg, vet. So a reg that starts at 4, will get to 6 at elite.

This is why the AC is the killer unit. Pop the wonder in the capitol, with a barracks and out come vets with 5/5. Really powerful at that point in the game. Luck out and get an early leader and fill an army and havoc ensures.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  5. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

robbus,

I have played all of the civs 1-6, though only II and III were played extensively. I even purchased the passport for VI, though I have not played in maybe a year. I abandoned V after a few weeks and never played again. IV I still try to finish a game now and then, but mostly get bored. I disliked the culture and religion implementations, too strong. Civ II was one of my favorite games, till C3C.

Play PoE quite a bit as I can walk out of the room and not worry about what I was doing, when I come back. Bash em all and rack em up again, true ARPG.

6. md4

md4 Warlord

Sometimes granaries just don't want to granary:

I have honestly never seen this before (not that this counts for much, as I rolled a 1 for my IRL Perception stat). Has anyone else?

7. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

When did the city complete the granary? Has it filled the first time yet?

Spoonwood likes this.
  8. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

Strange. Starvation can empty a granary.

Aabraxan likes this.
  9. md4

md4 Warlord

Quite possible, I checked back on the city a turn or two later (I was distracted by Spain declaring war on me) and the granary had taken effect by then.

10. Aabraxan

It's been a long time since I played C3C, but if memory serves, a granary takes effect the first time it's filled after completion. I seem to recall trying to get granaries to finish a turn or two before growth, just so I wouldn't have to fill them again.

11. Scratcher

Scratcher Emperor

I think when you grow from pop 6 to 7 and 12 to 13 you have to fill the whole food box again before you get the granary effect. The picture shows a pop of 8. Did the town grow from 6 to 7 and then you added a worker?

Scratcher

12. Aabraxan

That sounds right, too.

13. md4

md4 Warlord

I truly can't remember. It's something I will definitely keep an eye on next game though.

14. justanick

justanick Emperor

Not exactly. You get to keep 50% of the former maximum. So that 10 is for 6 to 7 and 20 food for 12 to 13.

But that wil be only 25% or 33.33% of the new maximum of 40 or 60.

Jivilov likes this.
  15. md4

md4 Warlord

Some rather optimistic pathing from a Settler, taken from my son's game (apologies for the quality, it's a photo of the monitor):

jmas, tjs282, SuedecivIII and 4 others like this.
  16. Kirejara

Kirejara King

Pachacuti tried to blackmail me for oil.

And my scout plane from Hiroshima found this:

The Inka has build a (useless) radarstation on their own oil field, but forget to connect it with a road.:rolleyes:

17. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Nah mang, this is totally strategic: Use up everyone else's oil so when it runs out you can fall back on your pristine reserve! :smoke:

(Actually I can't remember: do resources only expire if they're part of the trade network?)

Spoonwood likes this.
  18. md4

md4 Warlord

45 production (minus some corruption) out of 3 citizens is not too bad (I think this is only the 2nd time I've ever been able to build the Iron Works):

Spoonwood and Aabraxan like this.
  19. r16

r16 not deity

if ı need to safe guard a resource for future use , like lron Works becoming available with Steam , ı pillage the roads to my iron and regularly check city screens to prevent the tile being worked , am pretty sure it can be exhausted without a road on it .

20. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Why does the Toulouse city center square have 3 food? The French aren't Agricultural.

Spoonwood likes this.