1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by kill fire, Nov 10, 2006.

1. md4

md4 Warlord

I reshuffled the traits in my install; the French traded Industrious for Agricultural, which means that I robbed Toulouse of its full potential in this case.

Spoonwood likes this.
  2. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Full potential would be if it was Agricultural + Industrious, and Industrious would only be a few extra shields. Agricultural is helping you way more here than Industrious would because it's giving you enough food to support a third citizen.

Aabraxan and Spoonwood like this.
  3. md4

md4 Warlord

Hah, I forgot it would only be a 2-population city without the food bonus. Agricultural FTW.

4. md4

md4 Warlord

From my current game as the Celts. Sailed half way around the world to secure some oil from the Iroquoi (who had 3), captured the city, just linked it into my trade network and then next turn:

Synsensa likes this.
  5. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

6. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

You didn't have any other sources of oil, I assume?

Also, why are you researching Ironclads when you're clearly well beyond that in the tech three?

7. md4

md4 Warlord

The Iroquoi were the only civ with more than 1 source.
    There was nothing else left to research. But yeah, it does look a bit odd when I already have AEGIS Cruisers.

8. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

I thought that was pronounced "went 0% research, bought a bunch of units, and went a-conquering."

thetrooper, tjs282 and WeirdoJoker like this.
  9. md4

md4 Warlord

I either research it or it sits there in the bottom right corner of the screen, taunting me forever. Besides, if I lose my only uranium source as well it will be the best naval vessel I can build.

10. justanick

justanick Emperor

Hence the idea to conquer territory early enough.

11. md4

md4 Warlord

In retrospect, seeking a RoP with the Mongols so I could send navies through their waters was a bad idea when we share the same continent. They sent what I was certain was an invasion force, only to just run through my territory until I quite literally containd the situation north of my capitol:

WeirdoJoker and Aabraxan like this.
  12. md4

md4 Warlord

Update: they somehow quite happily stayed there for ~10 turns until the RoP ran out and actually left without fuss, despite being Mongols. Incredible.

Fergei and WeirdoJoker like this.
  13. Buttercup

Buttercup King

The issue you had with the Oil can also be a form of level-scaling. It's another one of those aspects of the game that appears entirely random, and can easily be 'argued' to be entirely random, but on closer inspection quite clearly has some 'background algorithm' effecting it.

I experimented on a large map when I was bored at an end-game scenario whereby I tried to keep all other civs alive while maintaining none of them posed any real threat to me. Alongside the hilarity of the AI always needing to declare war on me, no matter the absurdity of the situation, it also exposed the resources level-scaling, as each time I managed to secure 100% ownership of all the Uranium it would 'exhaust' one of my deposits and magically respawn another Uranium deposit inside AI territory, no matter how small and ludicrous they were.

14. XTC

XTC Warlord

This happened on the world map scenario if RARR 1.7
    Those Celts.jpg

WeirdoJoker likes this.
  15. CKS

CKS Deity

Sometimes the AI just gets a little confused, I guess.

That's what Pogo said, "We have met the enemy and he is us."

16. XTC

XTC Warlord

And now a civil war?

Those Celts (3).jpg

WeirdoJoker likes this.
  17. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

Not seen that one, I am guessing a mod is involved.

18. Kirejara

Kirejara King

19. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Yes, the game is played on the worldmap of RARR 1.7. It seems I reversed two different versions of the worldmap biq when correcting another setting in that biq. In that game there are now four different Celtic civs, so I had deleted the Celts and their starting location from the biq for reasons of gameplay:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/rise-and-rule-revisited-epic-mod.549166/page-52#post-15817355

I will have a deeper look into the biq of that worldmap and fix that problem.

20. Kirejara

Kirejara King

I am somewhat confused.

Last time I played this earth map I was barely able to keep up with the KI on regent level.

But this time most nations simply stopped expanding with 2-4 cities each. :dubious:
    The only exceptions are the Egyptians and Carthagians with about 15 cities each (so it can not be an issue with the settler unit).
    The Hittitie also gained 8 cities in Indonesia and the Philipines, but since they attacked me, the are down to one city. :trouble:

I also inspected the cities, there are also no settlers in storage waiting for the magical dissapearence of any barbarians (who also have a surprisingly low presence).

China and Mongolia normaly are powerhouses on this map, but not in this round.

And Europa is also very quit and unusual peaceful.