Into The Future

Mopping up Siamese forces.

And France again.

And...

I refused.

And, to make a long story short, I captured both those cities.

And puppeted them both.

So I think that's it so far, except for this.

A look at the superpowers' continent:
Spoiler :

Edit:Oh yeah.Forgot to mention that I bought up some city state up north on France's continent for the Aluminum.

Yep.My nation doesn't like having to do that(okay, maybe it is a little fun), but sometimes it's needed.

In a world of people who keep repeating "we must not let war define who we are" and then proceed to DOW you over and over again, keeping nukes as a big stick to use is not a problem.

In a world of people who keep repeating "we must not let war define who we are" and then proceed to DOW you over and over again, keeping nukes as a big stick to use is not a problem.

We could call it "Nuclear Deterence", but it doesn't seem to be detering them too much.:rolleyes:

Alright, here comes the next update.

Starting with France.

There's the primary city that I need to take before ending this war, because it has the uranium.

Attacking the former Russian city of Yaroslavl.

And captured it.

And gave it back to Russia.I probably would have done that anyway, but I really don't need any extra unhappiness right now.

Thought about trying to take this city,

but, like I said, I don't need unhappiness right now.

Well, look at this.

"They believe we are building new cities too aggresively!"For your information, Suleiman, I'm not building ANY new cities right now!

I refused, of course.We haven't confiscated his uranium yet...

There goes Askia after Russia again.:rolleyes:It'd be nice if they'd just leave each other alone.

Attacking another Siamese city.

And captured it.

Attacking Lyon.

Captured, as well.Both puppeted.

Beginning the attack on Orleans.

And...

This is not good at all;very unhappy!
With unhappiness this bad, I temporarily pulled my troops back, thinking that I would just go and capture the city with the uranium to get the least possible amount of unahppiness.But once some cities went out of resistance, it got better, and I continued the attack on Orleans.

Finally made peace with Ramy.Maybe, seeing all the terrible things I did to him in this war, he won't attack anymore.

Friendly right now.

I accepted.Maybe it'll be nice to have a friend in this world besides city states.I was afraid, though, that this might make my buddy Askia upset because he's at war with her.

I think this was the next turn after he was friendly with me.You people should just be grateful that I left you with as much land as you have!

The Commies offer me open borders.

I don't even remember if I accepted or not.

And...

Once again I don't remember.But sometime while I was playing this update they made peace with each other, so it looks like there will be two superpowers on that continent, at least for now.

And...

Neither one of them like me being friends with Russia, and, as we shall see, I think this really set the Ottomans off.

Sydney, I have been leaving you alone, afraid I might get a warmonger penalty if I destroy you,
and this is how you repay me, by taking my worker?
Sydney, you don't take my workers and get away with it.

It seems the Commies don't like me being friends with Russia either.

At some point during this, the Ottomans and Mongols got into a war.

And now they make peace, but I think after they lost all their cities.

It looks like the Ottomans are becoming my enemy once more.

Earlier in this game, before I started this thread, they once attacked me, along with France.It's looking like it may happen again.
And look who has the most soldiers.

For your information, Suleiman, my empire is quite huge.

No comment, really.

Back to the war.

Captured Orleans, and puppeted it.

Attacking the other city.

Puppeted as well.

But it looks like my attention may have to turn back to my own continent, because...

The Ottomans are showing their warmongering ways.This could come down to a confrontation with them.But they probably would not be the easiest thing to defeat, seeing that they probably have a huge military and have Autocracy.

And for this naked aggresion, I give the Ottomans a good denunciation.

Like I said earlier, the Aztecs and Japan have made peace, so that means there's not much to distract Monty from his war with China.And it isn't looking good for the Chinese.
Spoiler :

Well, that's it so far.

The Russians need Uncle Sam for help! Will you send in AEF Siberia to prevent them from falling?

The Russians need Uncle Sam for help! Will you send in AEF Siberia to prevent them from falling?

If you mean will I help them, I don't know yet.I'll have to keep an eye on the Ottomans more now, too.

What would you, smallfish, and anyone else who may be following this thread, think if I changed the writing style in the next update to be like a history book?I'm thinking about doing that.

Does that mean you like that idea?

Frankly at this point, if you want to write it like a dry John Erickson epic on Stalingrad, I'd still read it.

On another note, I really wished I had brought back my copy of Pollack's Arabs At War. That was a fascinating book.

Okay then.The next update will probably be written that way.

"You have sullied your reputation with such a move"

I'm not sure what reputation there is left to be said. Maybe you could take the switch to AUTOCRACY for this duration of national emergency crisis?

"You have sullied your reputation with such a move"

I'm not sure what reputation there is left to be said. Maybe you could take the switch to AUTOCRACY for this duration of national emergency crisis?

That guy in the Ten Year Game of Civ2 gave up democracy for something like that because when he was about to get into a war with the Vikings, the Senate would not pass the Declaration of War, or something like that.

But, I would not want to do that unless it's absolutely neccasary, and even then I might not.

It might seem like eventually that I would have to give up Freedom if I used up every other policy that I could have.But I think I may have turned on Policy Saving when I started this game.Maybe I did.:rolleyes:

Alright, another update comin;)This one will be pretty small, and mainly used just to sample the new writing style.

Spoiler :
The war with France continued, although right now there was a lull in the fighting, what was called a "Sitzkrieg" in the ancient German language.The reason for this was because in the aftermath of the American forces swiftly conquering so much French land, the French people were resisting the new American occupation.

So the American army mostly halted, except for some naval bombardment and some occasional missile artilery fire, until the French civillians calmed down enough.

It seemed as if the French were capable of no resistance, and they seemed to make no counter-offensive to recapture their fallen territory.Even though French defeat was almost certain, the United States stood by the pledge of their President earlier in the war that French surrender would not be accepted unless they agreed to give up all their uranium.

The great Communists Empire of Japan proclaimed a congratulations to the United States for it's denunciation of Ottoman aggression.

But still, the United States understood all too well, that the Communists motives for this were not for the evils of the Ottomans, but because of the nature of the Communist system, and being suspicious of the Fascists in Turkey, just as they may have been suspicious of everyone else in the world.

The Republic of the Songhai made a request to renew the Alliance between them and the US.

The US government cautiously considered the offer, especially after they had just recently formed an alliance with Russia, which was at war with the Songhai.But the Songhai were the ones who had started this conflict, and some Americans were beginning to think that the Songhai were not good friends anymore, since they were showing aggression this way.So the US government eventually declined the offer.

During the war with France, the United States, needing materials for production of tanks, had made a deal with the small nation of Geneva on the northern continent, who had a large reserve of Aluminum deposits.But during the war, Geneva suddenly cut off the export of Aluminum to America, which hampered the war effort, and the national government quickly struck another deal with the small nation.

And even years after the nuclear war between China and the US on the eastern continent, the process of cleaning fallout was still not done.

The situation was the same, in former French territory, which had also been subjected to nuclear war.

And during the disorder of the wasteland of fallout, and American workers trying to clean it, there were yet more prisoners of war taken by the small nation of Sydney, whose forces sometimes roamed the wasteland.

But the US army is already planning a rescue operation.

And US fears got worse, when news reached the White House that Brussels had fallen to the Ottomans.

Now foreign policy makers in the government are greatly debating on what should be done about the re-emerging Ottoman menace.

Another foreign policy goal that the United States has considered is in someway trying to re-establish an independent Persian state, which has not existed since the Aztecs conquered it in recent years.

But that kind of diplomacy with the so called Aztec Republic would not be pleasant, and the use of military force would be dangerous against such a great foe.

This great man, keep it up. The new writing style definitely makes it even more interesting.

Thanks.I wasn't sure if I would get a favorable response to that or not.

Top Bottom