Introducing Venice and the Bannock-Shoshone

Now imagine playing venice With the shoestone start. my Guess is venice has a start bias of starting near City states. If not the civ will be unplayable in a fair few games.
Only other option would be to allow them to Settle puppets.

I mean if you start inland without a river or nearby city states you loose.
And auto looseing on spawn is just as bad as auto winning as Spain.

Always play random maps. Never quit, even if you're Mongolia on a 5x tile island by yourself.

Not to mention a lot of battles of world war 1 and 2 , the battle of waterloo are fought in belgium a lot of important battles are fought in the country.

There was no Belgium back in the days of Napoleon. Belgium is represented by the Netherlands very well. WW1 and 2 there was a Belgium, of course, working as a transit for the germans; it was important to get to France....

Now imagine playing venice With the shoestone start. my Guess is venice has a start bias of starting near City states. If not the civ will be unplayable in a fair few games.
Only other option would be to allow them to Settle puppets.

Venice bias is already confirmed - they have strongest ocean bias from all civs. Balanced map types have at least one shore location, so Venice will have guaranteed sea start (or almost guaranteed if bias aren't working very good).

Venice bias is already confirmed - they have strongest ocean bias from all civs. Balanced map types have at least one shore location, so Venice will have guaranteed sea start (or almost guaranteed if bias aren't working very good).

Yep, the most important thing for Venice is to start by sea. Both for trade, and sea exploration. Will also be very nice for them to start next to a mountain.

Being next to CS's isn't all important, but practical.

Hi old NQ-group chap! Nice to see you here. I think you overestimate the value of rivers. In BNW rivers mostley mean one more food earlier (with Civil Service instead of Fertilizer), and of course Watermills etc. The removal of gold from rivers will make city spots more balanced, and luxuries with some gold on them more important to work earlier. A good production spot wth some food from fish will be much more important for Venice then a river.

The Shoshone's and Comanche's cultural similarities are overwhelmingly similar. I see it as a Polynesia situation. Making them bigger by lumping the cultures justifies them as a Civilization.

I don't see this as equivalent. The Comanche *were* the Shoshone until late 1600s/early 1700s. Right when the territory would have been the biggest. If they'd included Ute and Nez Perce elements as well, then I would understand the blob argument, but Shoshone/Comanche ar much more closely related than Hawaii/Maori/Tonga etc.

I don't think that the lack of (very)close CS will be a disadvantage for Venice, though perhaps feeling less comfortable as you cannot build a city buffer around your capital. If you look at the map of their empire it was quite spread out as well and they managed to keep that up for quite a long time. Tradition might be an important tree to start with for quick border expansion and investing as much as possible in creating money should keep the enemies at bay. Otherwise you could go on a conquering spree against other civs and abuse their cities to purchase new units.

I don't think that the lack of (very)close CS will be a disadvantage for Venice, though perhaps feeling less comfortable as you cannot build a city buffer around your capital. If you look at the map of their empire it was quite spread out as well and they managed to keep that up for quite a long time. Tradition might be an important tree to start with for quick border expansion and investing as much as possible in creating money should keep the enemies at bay. Otherwise you could go on a conquering spree against other civs and abuse their cities to purchase new units.

Aggressive war seem to be a must for Venice. Optimal strategy seems to be establishing trade routes with far away civs, getting 1-2 city-states and start a conquest. By this time you should have enemy cities nearby.

I wish this forum had a policy of warning posters who drive threads OT into the "what Civs belong in the game" rant. This seems to happen all the time here.

Moderator Action: We do, but we won't necessarily stumble across problems unless they're reported to us.

Steer clear of discussing Canada. It is in no way the subject of this thread.

i love dandolo scene, calm night, imagine dandolo's scene and beautiful baroque music

Top Bottom