1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

IO7 - Jihad!!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by IdiotsOpposite, Oct 30, 2011.

1. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

A miracle! I played anyway!

"So, we've got an annoying, grumpy, creative backwards neighbour on our doorstep. We've got ivory and catapults." Council member Al-Stradata said. "What are we waiting for?"
    He promptly reorganised religion, emphasising Theocratic rule. War machines pulting cats far away and men sitting on the back of elephants were trained and sent to the Ethiopian border.
    After his short rule, he happily noted that his 'Stack al-ahDoom' had grown to a size of about eight regiments, also including bowmen and axewielders. It was up to the next council member to decide whether this stack would be put to use or used for fogbusting :)rolleyes: I hope you don't).

(Screenshots will follow later, going to bed).

Attached Files:

2. IdiotsOpposite

IdiotsOpposite Boom, headshot.

Very nice. I'll play it tomorrow. I swear.

3. IdiotsOpposite

A miracle! I actually played!

Although I don't think I'm doing well. Our power ratio with Ethiopia still isn't any better, and now the Khmer want to kill us too. ...wherever they are. Someone experienced and good needs to help us out!

IdiotsOpposite AD 900

However, we do have a little army to throw around if we think we can take at least a couple of Zara's cities.

4. strijder20

Uh, I hope they don't have longbows yet?

5. woopdeedoo

woopdeedoo Chieftain

Hi guys. I'm back from my vacation and I think I may be up as well! I will have a look at the posts and save and comment shortly.

6. woopdeedoo

woopdeedoo Chieftain

So I finally had a chance to look at the save and unfortunately my AV is blocking the site as it has a malicious script or something embedded. can you post the save in the forum please?

7. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

There you go.

Good luck.

It might be useful to trade around DR now we´ve founded Islam.

8. woopdeedoo

woopdeedoo Chieftain

PPP of sorts.

Had a look, WFYHBTA issues abound. There are 2 possible trades we can make with Pericles:

or

and

If we put a turn into Guilds, we should get a better deal. We need a ton of workers and also plantations at Baghdad. That city is an economic powerhouse. Najran is ready for the whip.

I assume we are planning on DoW-ing the Ethiopians? I'm also working on the assumption that we have hired all the priests in Mecca for Islamic shrine?

9. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Guilds unlocks camel archers, they may look silly but resource free knights are worth considering. We should also be able to pick up CS and other stuff, maybe get back the money we pay Pericles for guilds. There´s no real value in hanging onto DR as a monopoly tech.

10. strijder20

If we attack Zara, he didn't have longbows when I played my set. Doubt that is still the case, but it's worth checking. If it is so, instantly DOW (there should be a stack lying around somewhere), take his best cities and make peace when he is restricted to the Tundra.

11. woopdeedoo

woopdeedoo Chieftain

My report:

IBT: Whip WE in Najran.

T1: Make Pericles deal after putting one turn into Guilds:

Set tech to Philo, on way to Lib. Also set espionage on Zara.

T2: We get a Mayan Event:

I also wave my whip back and forth for some ellies and some needed infra (read granary) in Basra. Make Pacal deal:

I notice all of Pericles gold vanashies, some 300 :gold:. I assume he did some upgrading…

T3: Queue up Camel Archers in all cities completing builds. These things are expensive on such a hammer poor map.

T4: I have to destroy the watermill by Zhou in order to allow for some chain irrigation to our other cities… Make deal with Pericles, mostly for the cash:

T5: Make this deal with Zara:

Set Tech to Edu. We become worst enemy of the Khmer and he goes into WHEOOHRN. Make a deal with Sury:

I also wave my whip back and forth a couple times…

T6: Make this deal:

Once again, I wave my whip. Baghdad finally gets its’ market.

T7: HC makes a demand:

I decide yes and he goes to pleased. He is well liked so I feel it is worth it.

T8: zzz

T9: zzz

T10: Not much to do except whip a few more things. The tech trading has really done us well:

There is a (marked) fortified stack just outside of Damascus. Careful as Zara has a really large stack the city adjacent to fishy-filler.

And the save:

Attached Files:

12. woopdeedoo

woopdeedoo Chieftain

Also, there are a few units en route to the SoD...

13. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Got it.

Seems farily straightforwards.

Declare on Zara. Pillage iron. Survive small northern stack. Annihilate Zara.

14. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Straightforward indeed.

1030 Declare on Zara.

1040 Sury declares on us. He has open borders with Pacal, we don't. Sury can attack us, we can't attack him without declaring on Pacal in the process. Interesting. HC build spiral minaret.

1050.Capture Yeha.

1070. End of seige of Basra, eliminate Zara's stackette for loss of 2 CA.

1080. Sury captures Khoisan, we had 1 LB, no time to reinforce, no time to whip another.

1110. Capture Debre Burhan.

1130. Prophet from Mecca establishes our Shrine in Basra.

1140. Recapture Khoisan after whipping/chopping 4CA.

1150. Capture Qahoula.

We lost 2 axes, 2LBs, 2camels, 3 eles and 5 cats in total.

15. IdiotsOpposite

I'm guessing, then, that Zara did NOT have longbows yet. Nice.

Strijder, I do believe you're up. This game is getting really interesting...

16. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

What is interesting is that Zara definitely does have longbows, at the moment he appears to be out of metal.

17. strijder20

Here's the save.

Fairly dull (yes, dull!) turnset : I whipped some troops, moved them to the front, captured Gondar and made peace. That's about what happened.

We really need to work on our worker and empire management : 7 workers for 10 cities? Ok, the amount of desert justifies it a bit, but we'll need to improve Zara's, soon to be ours, land too...

I made peace with Sury (got to love the AP). I also made peace with Zara, because he had a few scary pikes (he can get castles :yuk:) next to the city I just captured. We should whip some more troops, move them to the front, redeclare and take Aksum (only three turns away from Gondar).

I also discovered a mini-continent with the Romans and Celts on it thanks to Zara's worldmap.

Attached Files:

18. IdiotsOpposite

Got it. I'll play at some point in the next couple of days.

19. woopdeedoo

woopdeedoo Chieftain

20. IdiotsOpposite

I'd have to skip this one too... still got real life crap kicking me in the figurative balls.