IO7 - Jihad!!

Sorry guys, will have to skip :( I've got exams.

I played my TS. Nothing of any significance actually happened. Spread a bit of Islam, got some deals:

Pericles built the Taj Mahal and got a GA. We also lost the Lib race to him. Other than that, I'm afraid I have nothing to report. I'm very sorry for the scant report but RL is just eating my time.

Attachments

• IdiotsOpposite AD-1305.CivBeyondSwordSave
    407.4 KB · Views: 103
Got it and played it.

Another uneventful round.

Declared on Zara, lost some units. Captured Adulis, Aksum, Massawa and Lalibela. Acquired Anghor Wat, Sistine, Notre Dame and Sankore. Capitulated Zara.

Contacted Jules and Brennus, they're more primitive than us.

Learned education.

Rejected a demand from Darius for 350g and a demand from Brennus for engineering.

Spread Islam to a couple of cities.

Apart from that not much happened.

edit: Pericles and Sury are having a little war.

I'll play the round, if noone minds, as I skipped my previous one anyway.

Go for it. I'll play after. No more shirking! (for me)

Time for infrastructure building and growing pop, its worth bearing in mind that our newly acquired cities will need garrisons to eliminate revolts until we build culture, maybe prioritise spreading islam to our ethiopian cities, its also worth building temples fairly early on.

I played the round, the game is certainly not looking great, but it's not completely hopeless either.

I suggest we get the NE in Aksum, and pop a scientist, priest or artist there (preferably scientist). We could use the Prophet or Scientist to bulb Printing Press (we've got a lot of cottages) and the artist to get nationalism (->Military Tradition). Remember to spread Islam to Aksum and switch into pacifism.

I propose we finish banking, and then just put the slider at 0% and see what kind of great person we'll get, and then deficit research through the techs.

With a bit of luck we might attack Pacal with Cuirassiers before he gets rifling. We definitely need more land (we're only second in land, and Pericles is notorious for teching) if we don't want to fall behind. We could of course also use Camel archers, but I don't like that idea (he has pikes and castles, after all :yuck:).

Pacal and Pericles made peace, and Pericles is winning the war against Sury. I don't like this. He is obviously the main contestant for victory.

I switched into OR and Bureaucracy, because I stopped building troops for a bit. Just remember to switch back again if you feel like building an army.

All the plains are making me to throw over, by the way :( Especially when I look what kind of land Pericles has :mad:

By the way, Zara Yacob has decided to join the One True Faith.

EDIT: Sorry, Pigswill, I was already playing and thus didn't see your advice. I did build infrastructure, though, and some religious buildings. Should probably have whipped a bit more missionaries, though. We don't have revolt problems, only Adulis (only size 4) can flip. Our army is on the way to Ellie-city, near Pacal.

Attachments

• IdiotsOpposite AD-1405.CivBeyondSwordSave
    444.1 KB · Views: 93
Looks like we'll need someone with a lot of skill to help pull this one through. Well, I'm screwed. :p

Got it, will play today. Got lucky and have no work today.

lulz. Guess I have TWO sets to play tomorrow.

I really need to apologize to everyone for my chronic forgetfulness on this game. It's especially bad considering it has my name on it. :D

Hey, you try getting called into an eight hour shift on the busiest day of the week and still have energy to play a turnset afterward.

I'm a bit too busy atm to play a double round, sorry :(

Got it (in view of IOs ongoing absence).

Plan: Tech astronomy for trade bait. put Zara to finish banking then research gunpowder. Build courthouses where missing then temples (cheap and we have Sankore) and madrassas. Capital to complete grocer then spam missionaries.

Played 17 turns until astronomy :eek:. Pericles got astro 10 turns before us (he's also got miltrad, constitution and economics). Traded astro to Darius for banking and nationalism.

Made some resource deals, completed courthouses, economy less shambolic, score climbed to mid table obscurity.

No military adventures. Not much unit building. Spread islam to 3 cities, missionary on way to Aksum.

Basra (shrine) has market and grocer, just started bank.

All ep going to Pericles.

Thoughts: build 6 unis, Oxford in Mecca. HE in Aksum (good production and settled GG). More missionaries, once we've converted our civ time to start on the neighbours. Running 100% cash atm, get gunpowder from Zara then go chemistry>steel>kill Pacal.

Top Bottom