Ionut's Civs

Trimite si mie pe mail modul pentru daci te rog (LAndreyRo@yahoo.com), daca ai timp. Mersi fain si bravo.

I wanted for you to send me the Dacii Mode, but its ok because I dont want it anymore. Thanks for your time.

But, when you have time, and if you want, please send me the Dacii (Mode or Civilization for CIV4:BTS).

PS : If you are interested to learn the truth about the Daci please visit www.dacia.org.

I'd have to unbury it from my files, then upload it, that could take some time.

BTW: I took a look at that site, My Romanian is not great (it sucks really). One must be careful when reading into Dacian (Getai) history, as they have left very little in a written language it is hard for historians to piece together their history as one would with say the Romans or Greeks. Often these leads to Historians pushing their own fabricated stories forward using a small slither of Archaeological evidence to support a Nationalistic view of how these people. This is common in the Balkans as well as through much of Eastern Europe. I would be wary of any evidence found on this site or any other until I saw more facts.

On that site you can fiind english written articles ( http://dacia.org/1articole/index.php?category_id=5&parent_id=0 ).
Maybe you cant understand the articles because you dont live here, but if you would live here and speak a little romanian :) , and travel the country and "explore" it, many of the articles would make sense to you. Belive me, the Dacians are one of the most extraordinary ancient civilization that existed ...
and most of the articles are based on evidence and facts.

Ps: Civ 1 had the Dacian civilization.

Ahh i said i didn't speak much Romanian, my better half is still teaching me the finer points, I understand more than I speak, but still the written form of the language still has me stuck.

Getting back to the site, I'm sorry but I stand by my previous comments. Having read several of the articles on that site I cannot recommend it as a factual interpretation of the evidence left by the Geto-Dacian people. Nor does it properly tell the impact that the Roman empire had on the Geto-Dacian people. (This could also be partly due to its poor translation into English) One of the primary problems that the Romanian state had in its infancy (and in many ways still does to this day) was the claim to the Dacian state in the Roman Empire, and its people remaining behind, thus giving the Romanians claim to Roman decent. While I do not doubt that Roman settlers remained behind after the Roman withdrawl from Dacia I doubt that the Romanians today have much in common with those people, the Hunnic, and Slavic migrations through the region have drastically changed the gene pool of people who live there. If you want a good site (in English too:p) to read up on the Dacians try this. I have used it several times in my research especially for artistic inspiration with leaderheads and the Dacian EDU.

Updated. See the first post for the download, and the 4th post for the change log.

This patch is far from my final one, but it is closer than what the others will be. It definately works with BtS 3.13, however as I do not have computer t the moment I cannot test wit with 3.17 to find out if it works or not, any feed back on this would be appreciated.

Currently this version ups th civ count to 27, with overhauled graphics in several UU's and Leaderheads.

I will try to continue to add to this mod as soon as possible, I am really beginning to miss modding:( however I am unsure if I will be able to do much with the computer I am currently using, hopefully my new system will be ready sometime before the end of the year!:)
Happy download and playing ENJOY!:goodjob::king:

I like the more realistic bronze/copper armour you use on some of the Hellenistic units. It looks waay better than the shiny gold Firaxis used on their spearmen.. I may have to steal your idea for some of my Greek units now. ;)

lol yea, I have always thought that the color of the bronze was way to much like gold in the original Fraxis designs. For some of your later Greek units I would suggest mail however, to show the trade networks with the Celtic tribes of north western Europe, and that which were used in the Thracian tribe and in the near east.

The download link is dead and downloading Pontos only partially works, the link is good but I can't download it.

Top Bottom