1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

is it possible to have civ2's supply trucks

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by papajohns, Jul 31, 2003.

1. papajohns

papajohns Chieftain

just wondering if its possible to create an unit like the civ2's supply trucks...

in the editor theres only the flag to finish wonders....thats not that great since then you only need to build 1 and it'll finish the job for you...

in civ2 the trucks contributed like 50 or so shields per truck to the project, have anyone come up with a way to mimmick that behavior?

2. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

3. Bjorn Bjornson

Bjorn Bjornson Libertarian

And the AI doesn't know how to use the "finish improvement" action unless the unit is toggled to be a Leader.

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Civ3 Modding Archivist

Personally, I miss the ability to transport food most. As mundane as it might seem, it's realistic (I mean, how many megalopolises are dependent upon nearby food sources only?) and was actually useful for sustaining decent-sized cities in those rare resource-rich food-poor parts of the map.

... and, sadly no, I can't think of how to implement any sort of Civ2 truck behavior, and doubt that it's possible due to modifications in the way the game engine handles such matters in Civ3.

-Oz