Is SoI still in development?

I just discovered this great mod (definitely the best era-specific one I've seen), I had a few ideas/suggestions after a few games, but I don't know if it's currently final?

I thought these would only require a few graphics... I thought, to add some more flavour to the game, and as this is the only Mod I can think of that could put this into CivIV, with religion-centric aspects of the Mod:

- Monophysite Christianity: representing the Coptic & Armenian/Georgian Apostolic Churches. Would go under Orthodoxy banner but be represented by unique building names. Perhaps a choice to build either Greek or Schismatic Church buildings would give cultural bonus and cost of a small diplomatic penalty?

- Church of the East (aka "Nestorian Christianity")
I notice there seem to be no Christian Cities in Iranian plateau, Christians were quite a large section of the Persian peoples until the Timurid invasions, and even had a brief but major revival under the pagan Mongols.

- Jizya tax:
So this is already in under the Jewish quarter, but maybe have another building to cover the other 3 religions, which makes money/GP/technology points at a cost to piety rating?

Also this has probably been asked, but why isn't Yerushalayim a Jewish Holy City and why don't the Zarathustrians get one either?

I think Edead was having some issues IRL that he had to take care of, and I don't know if he is still modding now. Also, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, and Buddhism are all considered "minor religions" in that they are just supposed to add an obstacle to religious civs and add some unique buildings. They played a somewhat important role but they were never major (on the state level) religions during the time of this mod. As such, Edead decided not to give them holy cities to add to their "minor-ness."

The development is more or less done, but I'm still making some tweaks & fixes while preparing version 1.0. As for more religions, however, they'd been discussed and I'd rather not include them for other reasons:

- I'm not about adding a lot of stuff if it serves no gameplay purpose and/or needlessly complicates things, and frankly, splitting Christianity into more smaller sects wouldn't help apart from adding more flavor; in my opinion it'd make things awkward for Armenia to use a religion different from everyone else (Georgians are plain Eastern Orthodox), and to make separate URVs just for Oriental Church/Armenia.

- Religions are arbitrarely placed by significance - not every historical minority is present as that would lead to a situation in which most cities have some Sunni/Shia/Orthodox/Jewish presence.

- Like ImNotHere said, Judaism & Zoroastrianism are minor/inactive religions; their Holy Cities would also serve no purpose and I didn't want more holy city/pilgrimage money in Jerusalem.

Top Bottom