Is there an italian "Risorgimento"?

Danwood

Warlord
I played as Bisanzyum and gained a city in south italy (actually HRE germans gave me it for free few turn before collapsing, poor guys...)

Now, in 18xx italy formed as a marinare republic, with rome and milano only with VERY little culture.

No events triggered asking me to cede my italian city (Pompei actually) to them, they spawned with just 1 unit to defend their cities (no armies to attack anything) and they were totally overwhelmend by my mighty culture (both rome and milan had very little territory to work, no hopes for them).

I don't know if that's just my game or it's how italy spawning works, but if it's the second, i strongly recommend to rework it. Italy historically had indipendence movements and garibaldi unifying the nation with wars and diplomacy, they did not start like that. I want to fight to keep my southern italy city as Bizantyum, not just see a weak italy spawn north of me, with no culture (italy???) and no hopes whatsoever :lol:

PS: i did play until the end of '800 and things didn't change.

Oh, right. I should expand the Italian flip zone in case of a respawn.

I think I will rewrite the whole resurrection mechanic soon so that I finally have an idea what's going on there.

I was very solid (Monarch, marathon)

Bud this should'n justify the totally lack of hopes for the newborn italy, which started with no units and culture.

Top Bottom