Is there anyone with NO problems running the game?

game runs smoothly with almost no loading times during late game on huge maps... (version 1.09)

athlon 3200+ (2gig)
1024 pc 3200 ddram
radeon 9800SE 256mb (standard drivers)
windows2000

not a problem since day one, but later becomes slow when cities are 20+ population and cottages everywhere

AMD sempron 2400
512mb ddr
1gb paging file
ATI 9600XT 64mb

I had issues loading up saved games that were in the 1900's. WOuld run slow and crash when I turned on tiles. I went back to older drivers.. 4.10 I think or .12. now I have no problems at all.

AMD 3000+
Radeon 9800 Pro 128meg
2x160 gig drives raided
2x512 meg corsair twinx memory sticks duel channel
custom built machine.

Well, it reboots my computer without warning about every half hour, rendering the game almost useless :(

So, this confirms my first thought that MOST people really don’t have any problem running the game.

I would agree with that, for those who have a PC with fully working hardware and a well configured operating system then they will have little problem running the game.

Performance issues and the inability to recognise the hobnomolies and idiosyncrasies that come with running a PC is something else though.

Then there are going to be a number of people who are skilled with IT, have fully functioning 'mainstream' (not obscure) hardware, that can be well above the games needs and yet seemingly have insurmountable problems that no amount of help or patches will resolve. That, at times, can be one of the frustrations of owning a PC. Some games simply do not work for some people on some machines, not much fun though if that someone is you.

cwaugh said:
1] Can anyone say that they have NO slowdowns, CTD, etc with graphics set to full, movies on, etc? What kind of wonder machine can do this? If so, what percentage of people have no problems at all?

No slowdowns with graphics set to full with movies on, etc. Have never had any graphics or crashing problems with this game.

Computer specs: AMD 3000+ (2.16 GHz), 512 MB RAM, Radeon 9600 XT 128 MB graphics card

Edit: Btw, what is a CTD?

No crashes, slowdowns etc whatsoever on my laptop in ca 100+ hours gameplay and I've played up to large map future tech era

Desktop - that's another story, tried to install it but it failed, never tried again but I'm sure I could get it going if necessary (computer has never been the same since a re-format a couple of months ago and haven't needed to investigate since laptop works great)

No problems here, all graphics to high. Sure, some slowdowns in late games on huge maps but come on, Civ 3 did the same thing on this same PC.

2.8 ghz P4
1 gig RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro 128meg
1.5 gig swap file

I did have problems with stuttering wonder movies but fixed that by turning off AA in game and turned it on in the video driver itself in Windows.

Top Bottom