• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Israel, Philistines and Biblical Civilizations

Anyways, about the music, what if you just cut the current music to about 2 min, 41 sec. That's when the warlike sounding part of it ends.

I wanted to remove Al Rashid's voice since the beginning too... I left it unwillingly. :p ... Seriously people, I honestly don't care that much for adding voices of leaders I met already to different civs, it doesn't add inmersion, it kind of removes it.

I might cut the war music though, its a good idea :goodjob:

Yeah. I decided I didn't like using existing leader voice tracks when I was able to clearly hear David say that he was Harun (Aaron) in Arabic. Same for Mansa Musa.

You can do modern Israel without tapping modern issues

What issues would those be, Natan? Would they be ones like the fact that the modern state of Israel behaves like a psychopathic bully hiding behind the Yanks? Or ones like the fact that it has the same regard for international law that the Westboro Baptist Church does for pride parades?

But yeah, my views on the current state of politics in the Holy Land aside, I'd prefer a much earlier-themed Israel Civ for the same reason I still haven't downloaded the Boer mod from Colonialist Legacies; there are too many problems with the way the civilizations operated for me to feel comfortable with. I'm probably not alone in this. Of course, there are likely other people who feel the exact opposite, and they are perfectly entitled to their views. I'm not convinced that this a mod for a computer game is the best place to pick sides.

I also disagree wholeheartedly with your out-of-hand dismissal of Beta Israel as a potential Civ. It's not something I previously knew about, but some brief reading shows it to be a fascinating cultural group worthy of inclusion in something like this, not least because it gives us an opportunity for that rare beast, a female leader. In fact, here's something I knocked together for exactly that purpose.

Beta Israel (Judith)
Start Bias: Hills
UA: HaDani Kingdom
Land Units do additional damage to Cities when trained in a City within two tiles of a Mountain. Buildings that generate Faith add +5 to City Defensiveness in Cities founded by Beta Israel.
UU: Agaw (replaces Archer)
Does not require Iron. Generates 1 Faith per turn while fortified on top of a Luxury, Strategic, or Bonus resource. Retains this upon upgrading.
UB: Haymanot Masgid (replaces Temple)
+2 Faith. Contains a slot for a Great Work of Writing which, when filled, means that an additional 10% of the Food is carried over after a Citizen is born. This stacks with the Aqueduct and Medical Lab effects.
---
Hopefully that's of use to... er... someone. =]

What issues would those be, Natan? Would they be ones like the fact that the modern state of Israel behaves like a psychopathic bully hiding behind the Yanks? Or ones like the fact that it has the same regard for international law that the Westboro Baptist Church does for pride parades?

But yeah, my views on the current state of politics in the Holy Land aside, I'd prefer a much earlier-themed Israel Civ for the same reason I still haven't downloaded the Boer mod from Colonialist Legacies; there are too many problems with the way the civilizations operated for me to feel comfortable with. I'm probably not alone in this. Of course, there are likely other people who feel the exact opposite, and they are perfectly entitled to their views. I'm not convinced that this a mod for a computer game is the best place to pick sides.

I also disagree wholeheartedly with your out-of-hand dismissal of Beta Israel as a potential Civ. It's not something I previously knew about, but some brief reading shows it to be a fascinating cultural group worthy of inclusion in something like this, not least because it gives us an opportunity for that rare beast, a female leader. In fact, here's something I knocked together for exactly that purpose.

Beta Israel (Judith)
Land Units do additional damage to Cities when trained in a City within two tiles of a Mountain. Buildings that generate Faith add +5 to City Defensiveness in Cities founded by Beta Israel.
Does not require Iron. Generates 1 Faith per turn while fortified on top of a Luxury, Strategic, or Bonus resource. Retains this upon upgrading.
+2 Faith. Contains a slot for a Great Work of Writing which, when filled, means that an additional 10% of the Food is carried over after a Citizen is born. This stacks with the Aqueduct and Medical Lab effects.
---

any mod that does modern Israel or modern Palestine will only bring out the termites on steam, effectively making it Youtube for some time

Beta Israel (Judith)
---

A. Its just a GAME.
B. That not exactly so early. Kibbutz is very "modern" thing.
C. You could have a rare leader with modern Israel as well :)
D. Modern Israel don't have to be the state of Israel.
E. I dont think they can be a civ, archer dosent require iron, yet, i like your idea:lol:
F. For the record, the upper part of your comment is WRONG.

There's no need for that. None whatsoever.

I would like to see the Kingdom of Jerusalem as a civ. Makes for a good crusader scenario with JFD's Papal States and the Ayyubids by More Civs. Don't forget to throw in Arabia and the Byzantines. Spain and Morocco would fight right in. But the Kingdom of Jerusalem is the main piece.

Top Bottom