Israel, Philistines and Biblical Civilizations

Both the map and the leader are great! What are the other biblical civilizations from the new title of the thread ?

@orikos: Well, for now nothings planned (except for Judeah as a Pro-Civ Israel civ), so I'm open to suggestions. Just remember Patria Grande is still my main project so this one advances quite slower.

@Maklohi Vai: yeah, still trying to figure out how to code some things though:

UA: Mishkeh Feast: Whenever a city is conquered or a new luxury resource is connected to the empire, the first 5 cities receive an instant ammount of Faith and Gold. (dependant on era)
UU: Peleset: Replacement for Spearman. May embark and starts with the Amphibious promotion with an extra move while embarked. Earn Gold upon attacking a city (like Privateers).
UB: Brewery: Replacement for Colosseum. +2 Happiness. +1 Faith and Gold on Wine and Wheat. Units trained on a city with a Brewery receive a special promotion that grants them a free move while the empire is happy.

Well, for now nothings planned (except for Judeah as a Pro-Civ Israel civ), so I'm open to suggestions. Just remember Patria Grande is still my main project so this one advances quite slower.
Any Biblical civs you do will go straight into my Anno Domini mod. If you were considering any requests, then I'd like to suggest a definitive Hittite civilization (you could even use the items from the Ancient Wonders DLC) - for me, it lacks a Leugi-influenced leaderhead and UA (Jan did a brilliant leaderhead that can be used for the Hittites, but I've used that elsewhere ;)).

UA: Mishkeh Feast: Whenever a city is conquered or a new luxury resource is connected to the empire, the first 5 cities receive an instant ammount of Faith and Gold. (dependant on era)
UU: Peleset: Replacement for Spearman. May embark and starts with the Amphibious promotion with an extra move while embarked. Earn Gold upon attacking a city (like Privateers).
UB: Brewery: Replacement for Colosseum. +2 Happiness. +1 Faith and Gold on Wine and Wheat. Units trained on a city with a Brewery receive a special promotion that grants them a free move while the empire is happy.
Looks sensational!

So hyped for this Civ! =]

How did i miss this thread? Can someone please update me on what's going on here? Please?

Philistine is looking pretty good and by chance can you add to the UB bonus for olives (More Luxuries Mod) if it is enabled?

How did i miss this thread? Can someone please update me on what's going on here? Please?

The topic was renamed recently that's all.

@orikos: Well, for now nothings planned (except for Judeah as a Pro-Civ Israel civ), so I'm open to suggestions. Just remember Patria Grande is still my main project so this one advances quite slower.

@Maklohi Vai: yeah, still trying to figure out how to code some things though:

Looks great!

Yeah, the topic was renamed recently... I might of course try doing some other biblical now though...

Anyway, Peleset:

These look amazing! I also love the colour scheme, though I will admit that the icon did at first remind me of a jester's hat. Meh, 's'probably just me. =]

Well... depends on who says it...

One of the groups called "Sea Peoples" are the Peleset. To most they are a reference to the Philistines (because of the letters or something)...

Some more recent stuff says there was a mistake in translating Peleset, being in fact Pereset, which might be more linked to Persia... However, and since Persia was made, I like the fact I can finally make a reference to the Sea Peoples with the Philistines (and the unit is called Peleset, so even with that issue, the unit is still different than saying Philistines = Sea Peoples)

The Sea Peoples are pretty much unknown in terms of who exactly they were. All we know about them is at one point in history they came and wrecked pretty much every civilization bordering the eastern Mediterranean. Then they vanish from the record. They're mentioned and have an impact in pretty much every Mediterranean culture at around the same time, but it's entirely unclear what culture they were from. There are lots of theories, but nothing conclusive. Source: just took an extensive in-depth course on Mediterranean cultures and archaeology.

Map looks great, although I'm not a fan of the font used for the city labels. That's just personal preference though, and the civ as a whole looks amazing.

I think a Hunnic style sea peoples civ could be a cool civ, focused on raiding and all that but not necessarily on domination.

Top Bottom