Isramod - Israel as playable civ

I would advise changing the special unit Merkava (the best tank today) or Mosad. Until then, change the special unit to something else, since in those days, Israel wasnt allowed to use chariots

JCricket said:
Shalom all!
As far as I can see, our tiny country has a decent representation here!

BTW, speaking of the leaders, why not Bibi? After all, he's gonna be the next PM :lol:

Im afraid to say that it will probably not be Bibi but Peretz:(
I think country leaders should be Ben Gurion and King David

hemeth86 said:

I agree.

David should be Spiritual and Aggressive, while Ben-G should be Philosophical and Industrious. The Unique Unit should be the Machine Gun with the Commando and promotion and a defensive bonus.

hemeth86 said:
Im afraid to say that it will probably not be Bibi but Peretz:(

I'm just joking (ironically, Peretz as a PM would be the biggest joke ever, but no politics, right? :p )

I agree about Ben-Gurion, he definitely deserves mentioning :)

ok i dont wanna start anything here but why doesnt Sid do a jewish civ??? i mean they've been around longer and have had a big impact on the world. i was really wanting to play Israel

Comrad Poopoff said:
ok i dont wanna start anything here but why doesnt Sid do a jewish civ??? i mean they've been around longer and have had a big impact on the world. i was really wanting to play Israel

well, you're in luck.. you can play Israel simply by installing the mod for which this thread was made

If you think realisticaly Israel is and has been successful in war due to high quality manpower and (lets be frank) subversiveness.
I think a Mossad UU is appropriate, maybe give it more strength or stealth.
All other UUs would just mean brute-force, which would be historically inaccurate.

I also really liked the kibbutzim idea, would it be possible to mod in a new tile improvement, maybe a farm-on-steroids or something?

Leaders should definetly be Solomon (philosophical - he did after all write Song of songs and Kohelet and maybe financial) and Ben-Gurion (creater of modern Israel, spiritual and industriuos).

Kibbutzim is a good idea- it should replace the regular village/hamlet etc...
A kibbutz should produce less gold than a regular village, but should also produce food.

Comrad Poopoff said:

I agree. Israel is one of the strongest nations today and definetaly was strong in earlier times. This mod isnt good enough since I also like other mods.

ibcoltscrew said:
Thanks alot for this mods, i can finally kick Sharon's ass :lol: I wish someone do Iran and Irak too... Just wanted to save Iraki people from american invasion and support Iran in their nuclear program against Israel and the united state... :lol:

I like this mod too, I just found a new worst enemy!!! :D
Next game I start: Play as america and destroy israel..... :nuke:

Yeah i know i can install the mod and everything, but to have Israel as one of the featured civs in the game created by Sid's people, is what I'm talking about.
Why wont he do that?

MattJek said:
I like this mod too, I just found a new worst enemy!!! :D
Next game I start: Play as america and destroy israel..... :nuke:

Yea,right...
America is the only country that sees the truth- that Israel is right. I wonder how you would feel if your best friend would die because a suicide bomber came into a restaurant and decided that he must kill little children. If you think the Palestinians suffer because of Israel, y dont you check out the truth: Israel gave them billions of dollars, and Mr Arafat took this money to build another room in his 50th cottage in southern France. Now that this bastard is dead, the new chairman is too stupid to control them.
This is not a political forum so I will stop right here.

hemeth86 said:
Yea,right...
America is the only country that sees the truth- that Israel is right. I wonder how you would feel if your best friend would die because a suicide bomber came into a restaurant and decided that he must kill little children. If you think the Palestinians suffer because of Israel, y dont you check out the truth: Israel gave them billions of dollars, and Mr Arafat took this money to build another room in his 50th cottage in southern France. Now that this bastard is dead, the new chairman is too stupid to control them.
This is not a political forum so I will stop right here.

You're right, this whole topic angers up my blood :mad: so Im just gonna drop it....:p

Dont you guys think that an Israel civ should be an ancient era based civ? I mean the modern state of Israel has existed little over half a century. I think it would make more sense if this mod featured an ancient UU and an ancient era leader. I think Kind David and King Solomon would be the most recognizable ones

One little thing about cities' names: although you obviously try to make it as much Israeli as possible, I believe that it's more important to give the city it's real name and not one which sounds familiar to Israeli ear.
After all, it's still Jerusalem, even if we pronounce it "Yerushalaim".
Just a thought :)

Dont you guys think that an Israel civ should be an ancient era based civ?
I believe that's what Ariks was trying to accomplish. Once I finish my mod, it will incorporate ancient and modern Israel.
I believe that it's more important to give the city it's real name and not one which sounds familiar to Israeli ear.
After all, it's still Jerusalem, even if we pronounce it "Yerushalaim".
Actually, Yerushalayim is the correct pronunciation of "Jerusalem."

NateDawgNY said:
Actually, Yerushalayim is the correct pronunciation of "Jerusalem."

I do know that! But here's the difference between the correct pronunciation and the correct spelling. Since it's English based mod, imho, names should match english spelling rules and not hebrew pronunciation rules.
For example, the default cities' names are Rome, Paris, Moscow etc., not Roma, Pari, Moskva... as pronounced by their natives.
But as mentioned above, it's just my humble opinion. :)

Top Bottom