Issues saving mods with a game connected through OneDrive

JohnAdamski

Chieftain
I have Civ 4 and the colonization mod on my desktop. I connected my steam account through OneDrive on my laptop. The vanilla version of CivCol works great. I downloaded WTP to winrar and extracted it to what I thought was the correct location for mods. However when I go to the load mod screen on CivCol, nothing shows up. I've moved the files around to every conceivable location, but nothing seems to work.

I'm obviously either not finding the right location, or misunderstanding OneDrive's capabilities. Anyone have any experience with OneDrive/Mods, or suggestions? I've acquired a taste for Wine, Fine Leather, and Luxury Goods, I simply cannot continue with the vanilla version.

@JohnAdamski
Players often create a wrong folder path to the mod.
(By not correctly unzipping.)

Please post the path to the /Assets folder of the mod, so we can check it. :thumbsup:
(Below it you will find CvGameCore.dll of the mod and further subdirectories)

It shoud be something like

<GameDirectory_in_Users>/Mods/WTP_3.0.1Assets/CvGameCore.dll
or
<Actual_Game_Installation_Directory>/Mods/WTP_3.0.1/Assets/CvGameCore.dll

Both versions work.

Comment:
"WTP_3.0.1" (the version name) can be renamed, it does not matter for starting the mod.
It is just easier for us later to analyze and test a savegame in case there is a bug.

Thank you.

It's in C:\Users\[myusername]\OneDrive\Documents\MyGames\Civilization IV Colonization\MODS

And actually what appears when I am on the load a mod screen is "None" "Assets" "PrivateMaps" and "ProjectFiles"

@JohnAdamski

And actually what appears when I am on the load a mod screen is "None" "Assets" "PrivateMaps" and "ProjectFiles"
You need to have a sub-folder below "Mods" fore each single mod. ;)
Do not just dump everything directly into "Mods" which is supposed to have all mods.

Mods --> WTP mod folder --> content of WTP
You are missing the WTP mod folder.

See here:
<Actual_Game_Installation_Directory>/Mods/WTP_3.0.1/Assets/CvGameCore.dll

You simply forgot the folder /WTP_3.0.1/ . --> Create it.
You were supposed to move the complete directory of WTP into "Mods", not just its content.

Summary:
Create a sub-folder called "WTP_3.0.1" in the main mod folder "Mods".
Move the complete content which you currently have directly in "Mods" into the new subfolder "WTP_3.0.1".

Simply follow these instructions and it will work. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, this worked and I'm up and running. This mod is so awesome. I've been playing civ for 10 years and always loved the vanilla mode. I just found out about religions and revolutions last year and have been playing it non stop. WTP is even better. So great, thank you.

WTP is even better. So great, thank you.
You are welcome. :)

You are aware that WTP is simply the continuation of RaR, right? --> We are more or less the same modders.
(The mod was simply renamed because the team setup changed and other projects / modmods joined in.)

RaR ended with Release 2.7 and WTP continued with Release 2.7.1.
(Now we have Release 3.0.1 publically published and release 4.x internal.)

Next time please post directly in our WTP forum:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ4col-we-the-people.591/

Top Bottom